TALE - The Reunited Family

simison

I was thinking about which of Hectarions brothers would know that he still had fragments of the Bloodthirster in his mind. The names that immediately sprung to my mind were Alexandros, Pionius and Dear'dd. This would help with making Hectarion closer to those three, helping to make them the four closest primarchs.

I'm actually surprised so many people say they'd be willing to help. With the rampant fear of the unknown within the Imperium, I'd expect anybody knowing about a DAEMON SHARD inside someone's mind would feel extreme distrust at best. I'd see something more akin to people calling him a changeling or possessed, and trying to burn him for that.

While I don't think it's a good idea to go that far, I'd say you might want one of the Primarchs to know about the shard, and feel extreme distrust for Hectarion because of it, even if he never acts on that knowledge because of instructions from his father.

An interesting twist though could be that this same Primarch could eventually be one of the insurrectionists, who then falls to Chaos: since he still knows of the bloodthirster in Hectarion's mind, he can try and turn him too (like Lorgar trying to turn Sanguinius), but of course eventually fails.

If Azus knew, he would most certainly be fairly put off, and perhaps even assign members of his legion to keep watch over Hectarion.  He's not very trusting.  At all

From his position on the roof, Azus peered in through the windows at the Mycenor, one hand hovering over his rifle.  Heavy, undisguised footsteps announced someone else’s presence.  Taking a deep breath, Azus unsheathed his scimitar and leapt to his feet, flicking his wrist towards the intruder’s throat.  His assailant deftly caught the blow, and blocked the next lightning fast strike aimed for his kneecap.

“You really have to stop doing that, brother,” Alexos said. “You’re a hard man to find.”

“Thank you,” Azus said smugly, before embracing his brother.  “I pride myself on it.”

“You certainly have taken a liking to lurking on rooftops, baby brother.  Why are you up here?”  Azus simply glanced at Hectarion in response. 

“Ah.  Do we have a problem with The Crimson Lion?” he asked, parodying Hectarion’s booming voice.  “In truth, so do I.  Too tough for his own good.  And lately he seems a little… off.  Rumour is that he has an illness of the mind, a parasite or some such.”

“Come to think of it, Alexos, he has been strange to me ever since I met him.  As if there was something lying beneath the surface,” Azus replied, his paranoia beginning to kick in.  He hand moved back toward his rifle.

“Yes, brother,” Alexos said, smirking inwardly.  “He is no lion.  He is but a rabid dog, the raging hound of our father.  I fear upon what he will be set next.  The way I see it, baby brother, is that no one is to be fully trusted, not now and not ever.”

Azus nodded.  “No friends but each other.”

“Yes, baby brother,” Alexos said, turning to wipe away a single tear.  “No friends but each other.” 

Daer'dd doesn't mind because he's seen similar situations on Huron with Naagloshi (skinwalkers) and Wiindaago (flesh eaters/cannibals) he's always been very steeped in his cultures metaphysical beliefs. But he also believes he can help with a combination of science and the arcane. But most he just loves and sees the good in Hecatarion so he embraces that.

Put Raktra at the bottom of the top quarter. So like, 5th tallest or something. Pretty top heavy, too. I'll try and make a likeness of him on Soul Calibur or something and post the pic up.

Okay, here goes:

Lower:

Alexandros

Koschei

Middle:

Azus

Alexos

Top:

Raktra

Daer'dd

?Gwalchavad?

Niklaas

Hectarion

How about PMing me so I can edit this post with all the heights, so as not to clutter up the thread

I would like to point out that Lorgar didn't try to corrupt Sanguinius because he knew it'd be pointless.

Since Jade is Chinese, put him on the lower end of the spectrum.

Considering Pariahs' anti-daemon aura, I can see Hectarion being wary of Jade since it probably hurts to be next to him.

Or, Jade forces the shard to be silent. Thus, Hectarion may enjoy being around Jade, however, being the antsocial scientist he is, this vexes Jade. Combine that with Jade's distrust of the Warp, and there's a rocky relationship here either way.

I would like to point out that Lorgar didn't try to corrupt Sanguinius because he knew it'd be pointless.

Since Jade is Chinese, put him on the lower end of the spectrum.

Considering Pariahs' anti-daemon aura, I can see Hectarion being wary of Jade since it probably hurts to be next to him.

Or, Jade forces the shard to be silent. Thus, Hectarion may enjoy being around Jade, however, being the antsocial scientist he is, this vexes Jade. Combine that with Jade's distrust of the Warp, and there's a rocky relationship here either way.

I thought Lorgar believed he could convince Sanguinius but Horus knew it was pointless... Oh well, wrong about my references twice in one day...

Stereotypes much !

Seems logical enough.

Actually, Horus made a small attempt but quickly gave up on the idea after a conversation with Sanguinius.

Erebus was the diehard believer that Sanguinius could be corrupted.

Archived