Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

Eh, we shall see tongue.png forgive my inner butcher nails, my ears might have betrayed me today.. again xD

^^ they always said 30k and 40k operate differently, that's right - but they still can and will use the 40k models (and i bet GW said them they need to do that in order to push their sales lol)

(i would say it's the other way round: 30k mec doesn't belong into 40k, also Skitarii will be their own army list, not be part of the Taghmata)

Is there any information on what might be contained within the HH Masterclass book? 

afaik paint schemes for the legions, techniques to paint your tanks, aswell as knights and titans ^^

Is there any information on what might be contained within the HH Masterclass book? 

afaik paint schemes for the legions, techniques to paint your tanks, aswell as knights and titans ^^

Great,

I've been holding off on painting my EC to wait and see if they publish a more accurate painting scheme than the one on the website. 

I spoke to one of the painters at a Games Day a while back and he mentioned a method, that was better, which sadly I can't remember. 

yeah, it's not too hard to make a paint scheme for them, you don't need rules or specific models for that^^

Great,

I've been holding off on painting my EC to wait and see if they publish a more accurate painting scheme than the one on the website. 

I spoke to one of the painters at a Games Day a while back and he mentioned a method, that was better, which sadly I can't remember. 

afaik the legions should use the new FW airbrush paints.

for knights/titan i think they will include their old tamiya schemes ^^

afaik the legions should use the new FW airbrush paints.

for knights/titan i think they will include their old tamiya schemes ^^

I'm guessing it will double as a guide on the airbrush paints, which would actually be really handy too.

Just wish it was coming sooner than Christmas.

Did anyone CONFIRM that FW style HH rules will be retained and we will not get 'AoS'ed?

Sorry if I missed it but I dont see a FIRM confirmation.

Its very critical to my continued involvement in the hobby :p

FW heresy does not equal games workshops heresy game. Thiers us seemingly a stand alone new game with compatible models. FWs is still a 40k expansion. Models will be cross game, rules are totally separate.

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, September 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, September 5, 2015 - No reason given

Did anyone CONFIRM that FW style HH rules will be retained and we will not get 'AoS'ed?

Sorry if I missed it but I dont see a FIRM confirmation.

Its very critical to my continued involvement in the hobby tongue.png

FW heresy does not equal games workshops heresy game. Thiers us seemingly a stand alone new game with compatible models. FWs is still a 40k expansion. Models will be cross game, rules are totally separate.

nope, as they are not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff :/

This is kind of the concern. Thankfully, FW pushed back on 7th, as we can see in HH5. I like that, in fact its critical to the game remaining at all sane.

My worry, as HH is an expansion, is that 40K goes even further off the rails, approaching 'Do not Enter' AoS territory. At that point, what will FW do with the Heresy rules?

If they are not allowed to discuss it...that just means I (and many in my group) continue to sit on our hands as Age of Sigmar has terrified us that GW will ruin 40K as well.

Regardless, thanks for your responses I dont want to drag this down with AoS talk further!

This is kind of the concern. Thankfully, FW pushed back on 7th, as we can see in HH5. I like that, in fact its critical to the game remaining at all sane.

My worry, as HH is an expansion, is that 40K goes even further off the rails, approaching 'Do not Enter' AoS territory. At that point, what will FW do with the Heresy rules?

If they are not allowed to discuss it...that just means I (and many in my group) continue to sit on our hands as Age of Sigmar has terrified us that GW will ruin 40K as well.

Regardless, thanks for your responses I dont want to drag this down with AoS talk further!

tbh, the switch from 40k to AoS like rules wouldn't be that bad (and i would love the style of the dataslates) than from WHFB (with ranks and mass-armies) to AoS msn-wink.gif

AoS already plays like an easier version of 40k ^^

Humbly, I disagree on the most profound of levels.

Removing points values, which is the basis of AoS style, would be a literal game breaker.

also via Arac:

*there're 'Black Shields' in the book (Andy Hoare and Alan Bligh created them for Deathwatch). Here they're Marines who left their Legion and fight just for themselves
*the campaign is apart from the main events and portrays 'shadow wars'. With this it's possible to play several legions in one list. There's a shadow war for all 16 legions.
*Citadel seems to take over the basic troops (there was a talk with Simon about details and problems with plastic) - seems like FW will produce characters and more upgrade kits.

Not sure if anyone's talked about this or not - but looking at the below picture (the one focussed on the Blood Angel heads), in the back left are those MkVI Dark Angel pads? I can't see a lip around the edges, which infers MkVI, or are these MkIV and I just can't see the lip?

http://cdn.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/1621799_10206709867361541_2869304269063616557_n1.jpg?a495a6

Archived