Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

Lord Thorn, you're a babe biggrin.png

In other words....tuning forks....hoooooooo!!!!

Yeah I know... huh.png

Really though, this is concept art. It looks really nice, but ultimately we'll only see once the models are finished...

And I hadn't seen that suzerain concept. Are their shields really center-grip ? If so, that's awesome, much closer to something logical (for foot soldiers that aren't in a shield wall)

I can't recall any jump pack represented for the two-axe suzerain. I'd say it's really just a concept that got scrapped.

Lord Thorn, you're a babe biggrin.png

In other words....tuning forks....hoooooooo!!!!

Yeah I know... huh.png

Really though, this is concept art. It looks really nice, but ultimately we'll only see once the models are finished...

And I hadn't seen that suzerain concept. Are their shields really center-grip ? If so, that's awesome, much closer to something logical (for foot soldiers that aren't in a shield wall)

I can't recall any jump pack represented for the two-axe suzerain. I'd say it's really just a concept that got scrapped.

your playing with my heart strings too much....

• [irony]No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day...[/irony] Read that this is pretty much sure.tongue.png None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.

Can you give us anything else on this note? Did they hint at what kits they would no longer have to produce for the Heresy?

• [irony]No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day...[/irony] Read that this is pretty much sure.tongue.png None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.

Can you give us anything else on this note? Did they hint at what kits they would no longer have to produce for the Heresy?

Unfortunately, they were talking with someone else at the time, and I don't know if I heard everything, but they weren't really saying much about it. They're not supposed to talk about it, so they were "talking in hypotheticals": when something was asked about it, they "didn't deny it" (heavily hinting that this was the case), but they weren't willing to add any more.

Any news on the Alpha legion transfer sheets?

Sorry, I didn't hear anything, and I hadn't remembered a list of things to ask.

Of course, for me this was the first time going to a GW/FW/BL event, so I was primarily there for my own enjoyment as well, I wasn't specifically looking for too much info, sorry guys.

Unfortunately, they were talking with someone else at the time, and I don't know if I heard everything, but they weren't really saying much about it. They're not supposed to talk about it, so they were "talking in hypotheticals": when something was asked about it, they "didn't deny it" (heavily hinting that this was the case), but they weren't willing to add any more.

yeah^^ they aren't allowed to talk about future releases from main GW ^^

<p>

Any news on the Alpha legion transfer sheets?

Sorry, I didn't hear anything, and I hadn't remembered a list of things to ask.

Of course, for me this was the first time going to a GW/FW/BL event, so I was primarily there for my own enjoyment as well, I wasn't specifically looking for too much info, sorry guys.

Dont apologise. Enjoy it.

And if you happen upon some juicy nuggets of delicious information feed them into your hand held cogitator and upload them via noospheric link.

Some info from Arac (Tabletopwelt.de):

Book VI (talk with Andy Hoare)

*White Scars, Dark Angels and Blood Angels are in with rules

*Shattered Legions rules for all Legions (Traitors: Horus send some small groups to hunt the Isstvan survivors)

*There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so new releases aren't imminent)

Talk with Simon Egan

*there will be plastic Heresy from GW, but they'll continue

*Marc Bedford designs some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management (there's none at the moment) to publish them.

via Storm666, Heresy 30k:

Book 6 will also include new rites for all legions. Two examples were:
- Word Bearers: Gal Vorbak as troops
- EC: Noise Marines as troops

Also basic rules for BA, DA and WS will be included - including a rite or two, special equipment and legiones astartes rule. Argel Tal will be in a later book - not book 6.

Also the writers are done. Now the artists are doing the layout and adding some graphics. Should be available in this year. 

On display were the SA storm section with power axes (nice models). The rest was known stuff. BA and DA upgrades do look very awesome as does the painted ordinatus - which btw has the craziest rules I've seen so far. You basically lay down a 7" template on his hull- move it 72" in one direction and everything it touches gets a hit. Depending on the tract it varies from a S5 AP2 hit to a SD AP2 hit - of course all with instant death, armorbane, ignore cover and pinning. It is just absolutely insane. Cost a bit over 1.000 points per ordinatus. The second one with a belicosa pattern volcano cannon cost 700 points. Both have the ordinatus shield which gives -3 Strength / on the destroyer table in turn 1, -2 on both in turn 2 and from then on only -1. It is absolutely unkillable and it does a lot of harm. The new Tau suit also was on display as well as on sale - but I didn't get the prize. Rules should be out in a couple of weeks as well as those new decal sheets (also very nice pieces). 

All in all it was an nice and small event. There was the awesome Calth board in the center, about seven guys from the design team and the sales area. Everyone was really friendly. But I didn't get anything from the talk with simon about the next primarch :-/

I think Simon Egan has a standing order from Management that he is not allowed to talk about his projects to anyone at any time. We all know he's on Primarch duty for the foreseeable future, I guess they don't want us knowing the order they're being worked on.

Any info on the price on the new Tau suit - I didn't see anything earlier about it be on sale, would be good to know how much it is. Plus these big models now have rules, so no doubt we'll see pictures coming anytime soon.

I'm loving the new transfer sheets for the Salamanders and the Iron Hands

Hmm, do I paint my new Tartaros Terminators green or black...

Or maybe even red...

Decisions decisions....

also, via Garro from Heresy 30k :)

FW intend to start their dark mechanicum range and get it on its feet before wholesale porting the 40k AdMech range into the heresy. so its not in book 6 and won't be in prospero. however the mars scism book is loosely planned for book 8 or 9, depending on whether they want to do thramas/signus straight after prospero or not. in which case the mars book makes for a perfect place to introduce a large number of new mechanicum units, specially as the skitarii will consist of its own army list and not be random units joining the taghmata.

talk from the open day is that mark bedford's got some designs for upgrade/conversion kits for the plastic skitarii but is waiting for management to give him the go a head, so don't expect them for a while

also, via Garro from Heresy 30k :)

FW intend to start their dark mechanicum range and get it on its feet before wholesale porting the 40k AdMech range into the heresy. so its not in book 6 and won't be in prospero. however the mars scism book is loosely planned for book 8 or 9, depending on whether they want to do thramas/signus straight after prospero or not. in which case the mars book makes for a perfect place to introduce a large number of new mechanicum units, specially as the skitarii will consist of its own army list and not be random units joining the taghmata.

talk from the open day is that mark bedford's got some designs for upgrade/conversion kits for the plastic skitarii but is waiting for management to give him the go a head, so don't expect them for a while

bull:cuss Mark specifically said today that they will keep the 40k mechanicum completly seperated from 30k, as the 40k admech are COMPLETLY different from 30k admech, the 40k admech doesnt belong in 30k, especially the models.

also, via Garro from Heresy 30k smile.png

bull:cuss Mark specifically said today that they will keep the 40k mechanicum completly seperated from 30k, as the 40k admech are COMPLETLY different from 30k admech, the 40k admech doesnt belong in 30k, especially the models.

that's false AO^^

we already got artwork from Skitarii in 30k - they looked the same as 40k skitarii, and Electro Priests are also the same ^^

even Kastelan robots got mentioned in Cybernetica btw ;)

Archived