Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

I see it as a sign of GW corporate worming its way into FW, like they did with Black library (rip)

Still no word about iron warrior Terminators?

You probably missed the post but they're currently WIP.

Here's the World Eater one I was talking about (Thanks AO108 for this, and especially thanks Mark Bedford and the entire Forge World team for creating such awesome things !)

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/15/92/38/07/20150910.jpg

....!!!

Oh, I just saw this - is there new War Hounds decals?? (He says hyperventilating...)

Were they there?

Thanks for posting this!

No, it was "just" concept art for loads of different iconography for the Legions on Istvaan III: it looked like concept art for new transfer sheets, but since it was in a sketchbook that also included Invictarus Suzerains I don't know quite how old it is.

But to be honest, FW would be silly not to make this one, it just takes the breath away (and I'm not a World Eaters fan!)

- Regarding the Iron Warrior torsos: They have no clue what the star is

I thought that was a representation of the fact that Perturabo could see the eye of terror as a star in the sky from his childhood and onwards...

That's also what I'd heard (speculation on AlphariusOmegon108's part), and I would probably add that the 4 branches indicate IVth Legion, but I don't really see how important this whole thing was for the Iron Warriors (Throne! I just don't get how it's important or interesting full stop, it seemed like more of a plot hole than a plot device in Angel Exterminatus)

EDIT: sorry for the double post

also, via battlebunnies:

Book VI:

Legion traits for 16 Legions (Not Vlka Fenryka or Thousand Sons).
Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars will have Legion Traits. They will not have Primarchs in this book but will have the traits which will enable you to build a Legion.
Rites of War (including new ones) for all 16 Legions in this book. This includes a full Gal Vorbak force Rite of War and a full Kacophoni force Rite of War. This will be great to see, and hopefully we will get a taste of Heresy Emperor's Children coming through (lots of bright colours, piercings and handcuffs).
There will be a few new units for the Legions coming through, mainly stuff we have seen recently.
It will provide abilities to build shattered Legion forces. These have been very difficult to balance as could have easily have been a force where you painted a unit up in the scheme of the most effective Legion trait for that given unit (I.e. You may have a Breacher squad and decided to paint as Iron Hands as it would give you a better perk than if you painted it as Raven Guard etc).
Rumours are that the Black Shield force will be either expanded upon or buildable.
gallery_79873_10492_4526.jpg
Argel Tal will NOT be in this book.
There is a new Titan Legio in this book which has not been seen before.
No information about the battles this book focuses around, but the whole Meduson series of conflicts are what to kind of expect.
That's it. With the base Plastic range incoming I am unsure as to when we will see this book. It could be that GW want to tie it in to their new range which should be coming out end of October. Or they could release it as per Conquest around November after teasing it at a Seminar at the 40k Open Day.
I believe we will see Corax on the 17th of October for sale.
The next which is either Dorn or Alpharius will be shown at a seminar on the same day. It will be done by Israel Gonzalez. As Israel sculpted both Sigismund and Dynatt (and did a fantastic job on Eidolon), these can both be seen as training pieces really. I believe he will be doing both characters at this stage, with Egan starting work on Leman Russ, Freki and Geri. We may see Alpharius or Dorn before Xmas. The other at the HH Weekender 2016 (where book 7 will be shown off) with maybe a teaser of Russ. At the moment I can not be sure who would do Magnus but I would love to see Trish set to it as I believe she is more than capable.

More Shattered Legions...ugh

Well this will be the first time FW have touched the Shattered Legions actually.

that^^ both Shattered Legions and Dark Mec were planned for Conquest btw, but the book was already so full that they got scrapped back then :/

So, to summarize:

Book VI:

- Retalitation

- Shattered Legions (with army list/ way to build a Shattered Legions force) vs Iron Warriors said to be the main theme

- "Shadow Wars" - not really part of the main story line

- Traitors "Shattered Legions" represent hunting teams send out by Horus to eliminate the Istvaan survivers

- Rules for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars. Only RoW, specific wargear, Legion rules - no special characters, no unique units or Primarchs

- New RoW's for ALL Legions - Emperor's Children get Kakaphonii as troops, Word Bearers Gal Vorbak as troops

- Dark Mechanicus is in, probably rules only at this stage, Daemons as fuel and other crazy stuff, wargear options, special rules

- Black Shields are probably in

- new Titan Legion never seen before

- should be available end of this year afaik

Book VII:

- should be Prospero, probably called Inferno

- Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Silence/Sororitas Silentum, Custodes are in

- maybe Agents of the Warmaster/ Agents of the Imperator

- they want to bring all the basic troops out before the book hits (Upgrade kits, Dreadnoughts, transfer sheets)

- more information/presentation next year at the HH weekender 2016

- Russ will get Freki and Geri tongue.png

- Space Wolves are said to be more the Executioners, not Wulfi-Mc-Wulfiwuff

Book VII:

- either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism

- Daemons were planned for the second part of Calth/Ultramar, i guess we will see them now in the Signus book first

Skitarii/Mechanicum/Knights:

- 30k Skitarii are indeed in the works, Marc Bedford designed some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management to publish them

- Skitarii will be their own army list - not part of the Taghmata!

- 40k Mec stuff and Knights should be in the Mars schism book

- no Knight support infantery any time soon - they said the Solar Auxilia is intended for that

- there are concept drawings for Dark Mechanicum

- real Daemon Engines are later in the Heresy - not yet!

- Ordinatus is finished and should be out within the next two months - more weapon options inc!

HH Masterclass book:

- should be out ~ Christmas

- should have paint schemes for all the Legions

- will use the FW airbrush paints

Solar Auxilia:

There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so no new releases in the next time besides the Venetaris with Axes)

GW's "dreaded" Plastic Models:

- looks like the team is ok with it, GW will produce the basic units and FW will focuse on Upgrade Kits/Special Characters/Legion specific units/Titans again

- they will produce more HH books in the future!! FW continues their Quest =)

Sounds like quite a lot in the next book. Looking forward to it. I still need to get books I and IV actually... I assume we won't get the DA, BA and WS fluff pieces in the next book? Just the rules?

well, it's more or less the scrapped other half of Conquest :P 

Sounds like quite a lot in the next book. Looking forward to it. I still need to get books I and IV actually... I assume we won't get the DA, BA and WS fluff pieces in the next book? Just the rules?

well, it's more or less the scrapped other half of Conquest :P

Conquest would've been enormous!

I hope FW doesn't go too crazy with the SW as anti-Astartes Super-Awesome Executioner Astartes idea

To be fair, FW aren't known for going overboard on themes, unlike certain recent SW codices... ;) 

I think you are being a bit over dramatic B1soul and this stuff from a Space Wolves fans side of things is getting really tiresome.

Its like me saying I hope FW don't make the BA's a vampiric rage-nado in red armour that can kill everytiing and drink its blood and gain hyper powers type of Astartes.Or I hope they dont make the WS a super killy dark eldar jetbike riding army with explosive lances which kill everything and cant be tagged in close combat type of army. 

I trust FW to make the Wolves as balanced as the other legions and not to be as over the top as GW have been with some of their codices.

Its likely to be a few unique units, to give a bit of spice, just like each of the legions has. This is then backed up by the standard legion structure being the core of the army. Some cool rites of war. 

Posted · Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic
Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic

Like I said earlier this is getting tiresome

All the legions are snowflakes tongue.png

All have their specialties.... I think literally the executioner is more a case of they will execute the order, whatever the order is rather, than hey we are here to execute you!! (pulls out a wooden block, a big axe and mask biggrin.png

Its like this schtick with Imperial Fists being the Emperors Praetorians. No they are not. The true Praetorians are the Custodes, they are the ones who truly guard the Emperor.

The Imperial Fists build walls to hide behind.

Ultramarines: Logistical snow flake

Imperial Fist: Hiding behind a wall and shooting stuff snowflake

Night Lords : Terrorific snowflake

World Eaters: Bloodthirsty assault snowflake

Alpha's: Sneaky snowflake

SoH: Elite, warmasters finest snowflake

T-Sons: Psychic snowflake

Salamanders: Fiery snowflake

Iron Warriors: Siege breaker snowflake

Emperors Children: Perfection/blade master snowflake

Scars: Super fast snowflake

Iron Hands, bionic mech warfare snowflake

Raven Guard: mobile warfare snowflake

Death Guard: bio warfare tough mothers snowflake

Dark Angels: Knightly snowflake

Blood Angels: Close quarter snowflake

Word Bearers: Daemonic snowflake

Posted · Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic
Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic

Or maybe that's not Executioners in the "Punish other legions" way, but rather restoring compliance to world that have degenerated to civil war since their integration to the Imperium. At least I hope it is.

I wouldn't give up.

Maybe take stock a bit. Which legion is the one you like?

Have they had legion rules released yet?

If not, just go basic for now, tacticals, support heavy and some vehicles. Do them in your legion colours and when the fun stuff comes you can specialize.

Either that or do your legion, but use another legion as a template.

I have the same issue as you.

Looking on the bright side. Soon all legions but 2 will have rules, so you will atleast be able to work out a force to suit you and your legion :)

Chin up fella!!

More Shattered Legions...ugh

Well this will be the first time FW have touched the Shattered Legions actually.

that^^ both Shattered Legions and Dark Mec were planned for Conquest btw, but the book was already so full that they got scrapped back then :/

So, to summarize:

Book VI:

- Retalitation

- Shattered Legions (with army list/ way to build a Shattered Legions force) vs Iron Warriors said to be the main theme

- "Shadow Wars" - not really part of the main story line

- Traitors "Shattered Legions" represent hunting teams send out by Horus to eliminate the Istvaan survivers

- Rules for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars. Only RoW, specific wargear, Legion rules - no special characters, no unique units or Primarchs

- New RoW's for ALL Legions - Emperor's Children get Kakaphonii as troops, Word Bearers Gal Vorbak as troops

- Dark Mechanicus is in, probably rules only at this stage, Daemons as fuel and other crazy stuff, wargear options, special rules

- Black Shields are probably in

- new Titan Legion never seen before

- should be available end of this year afaik

Book VII:

- should be Prospero, probably called Inferno

- Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Silence/Sororitas Silentum, Custodes are in

- maybe Agents of the Warmaster/ Agents of the Imperator

- they want to bring all the basic troops out before the book hits (Upgrade kits, Dreadnoughts, transfer sheets)

- more information/presentation next year at the HH weekender 2016

- Russ will get Freki and Geri tongue.png

- Space Wolves are said to be more the Executioners, not Wulfi-Mc-Wulfiwuff

Book VII:

- either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism

- Daemons were planned for the second part of Calth/Ultramar, i guess we will see them now in the Signus book first

Skitarii/Mechanicum/Knights:

- 30k Skitarii are indeed in the works, Marc Bedford designed some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management to publish them

- Skitarii will be their own army list - not part of the Taghmata!

- 40k Mec stuff and Knights should be in the Mars schism book

- no Knight support infantery any time soon - they said the Solar Auxilia is intended for that

- there are concept drawings for Dark Mechanicum

- real Daemon Engines are later in the Heresy - not yet!

- Ordinatus is finished and should be out within the next two months - more weapon options inc!

HH Masterclass book:

- should be out ~ Christmas

- should have paint schemes for all the Legions

- will use the FW airbrush paints

Solar Auxilia:

There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so no new releases in the next time besides the Venetaris with Axes)

GW's "dreaded" Plastic Models:

- looks like the team is ok with it, GW will produce the basic units and FW will focuse on Upgrade Kits/Special Characters/Legion specific units/Titans again

- they will produce more HH books in the future!! FW continues their Quest =)

Atia, Queen of the Rumour Tower, Mistress of Whispers and Hearsay we salute you.

Tangent: When is the HH weekender scheduled for next year?

The first two Weekenders were July I think. This years Weekender was early presumably because of the upcoming refurbishment of Warhammer World, and the rescheduling of the Open Day and the Launch event.

No idea when next years Weekender will be, but I'd put money on it returning to summer with the Open Day going back to March.

I wouldn't give up.

Maybe take stock a bit. Which legion is the one you like?

Have they had legion rules released yet?

If not, just go basic for now, tacticals, support heavy and some vehicles. Do them in your legion colours and when the fun stuff comes you can specialize.

Either that or do your legion, but use another legion as a template.

I have the same issue as you.

Looking on the bright side. Soon all legions but 2 will have rules, so you will atleast be able to work out a force to suit you and your legion smile.png

Chin up fella!!

It's more the appearance of the legion that attracts me and inspires me, it's super complicated to decide in my head and the new transfers, upgrade kits, rules etc just add another thorn to the equation. I used to love the Imperial Fists, but I don't think I could paint them very well so it puts me off spending tons, I already got a command squad for them but I'm to scared to paint them lol. It's just one of them things. I'm probably going to end up with a black coloured legion because there's less things to go wrong with them, although shading is still difficult.

Just look up a solid paint recipe, forget anything the internet said about painting yellow and just try.

Hell, my first painted 40k/30k minis were Imperial Fists (admittedly with a lot of black) but since then I built up my confidence with painting yellow that I just do it and it comes out in a manner that I like...though the way I paint means the yellow isnt 100% the same since I pretty much Wing It every time...

Archived