A Tale of 18 Hobbyists

GhostMalone

Here's a group photo of the Priests ...

gallery_25187_11316_313282.jpg

I'll stick up individual pic's of them in my blog rather than bog down this thread with pic's. I still need to find some holstered pistols to make them WYSIWYG.

Cheers. Trying to get them a bit more 40k at the moment by adding pouches and holstered sidearms. I've managed to get 9 out of the 10 with holstered laspistols. The last has a bolt pistol. Hopefully will have the kit bashing done before I crash out for the night.

Knackered now but all have pouches, holstered guns and purity seals. Uploaded front and back views for all 10 in my =][= album which can be found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/11316-sw1s-inquisition/

Too late to start messing around posting them tonight. Will have a trather pic heavy update in the morning with them. Think the fluff I am going to do for them will tie in with Illa's.

I tried to crack on with the Crusaders but not happy with how the bits are going together. Think I need to use SM version of the back halves of the PA chest. The chaos ones have a different cross section and I don't have the patience to faff about with them after doing the current lot of conversions.

I'm enjoying having every model upto now converted or kit bashed with atleast two different kits being used in each model. :D

Quick update ... Before spraying I bluetac'd them onto bases for a quick group pic with Illa.

gallery_25187_11316_209507.jpg

These are now ready for me to work on as soon as I get Illa finished. Her pads and backpack got undercoated at the same time as the Priests so once it's dried I can crack on with the painting. ;)

...realizing that painting white is a pain sometimes furious.gif i honestly don't know how you guys can do white so well and so much of it !!! .laugh.png

I think its quiet cause were all heads down bottoms up painting so we can post non-grey mini's at the end of this quickly closing month ohmy.png

Mithril

Hmmm ... Started on the fluff bit for my entry I've got about 350 words down currently. It can be found here ...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313136-help-needed-with-fluff-background-for-inquisitor/?p=4202817&do=findComment&comment=4202817

The only issue I see is that I'm going to need to paint up the priests this month if my current fluff for Illa is going to count. To be honest this might be a good thing as it'll get me back on track for painting up the 2,000 points target.

"These aren't the pictures your looking for"...."You can go about your business!"..."Move along!"... ohmy.png No, wait! check these very WiP pics of my skitarii stormtroopers lead by (hopefully) an unmasked vader devil.gif . got to pull some late nights very soon tongue.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_820533.jpgmed_gallery_9146_6928_33460.jpg

i did actually want to show i was painting something for the challenge laugh.png

P.S. the maul will be cut off just after the handguard and a red sabre will be added geek.gif

cheers, Mithril

Dude I love that Armour scheme mind giving the recipe?

And guys sorry I haven't been as active as usual just alot going on but my tacs received their bolters and the Fellblade is 99% complete.

This Saturday I'll post pics from AoP and im also vowing my knight this month as it will be finished soon so if you want proof I'm not cheating check out my WIP threads.

I've almost got the first ten guys of last months vow done..... This isn't going to end well....

Main thing is having some forward momentum. You are working on the first ten. And once that's done you can work on the next batch. It's a long run rather than a short sprint!!!

I might be able to push this weekend and get the remaining marines done. I'll at the very least try and get the blue done and the detail colours based so I can work on them at random intervals.

Month 2 Fluff:

+==+

Opening Data Banks

Processing...

File 45 Selected

Processing...

[WARNING] Corruption Detected!

Purge?

Yes/No

YES selected

Processing...

+==+

Helmet Recording [Voice pattern matches Brother-Sergeant Terinius]

Mark 00.04.45

"This is not how we end. The XIIIth do not end today. Our arrogance brought us low, yes, but we rose against the challenge. We believed that the XVIIth were our brothers, that they had forgotten about Monarchia. We were wrong. They had been nurturing that seed of hate ever since that fateful day. It has corrupted them. They are walking along the path to hell. I tell you my story to inspire greatness in you all. To rise above the challenges. To achieve the Emperor's vision. To rid the Word Bearers of their existence. I hope this found, and that I am transcribed into the hall of honour for eternity with my Brothers.

We were gathering at the Numinus Spaceport when the Campanile struck. Fiery Vengeance rained down upon us. We were caught unawares, with our backs turned. While we were stunned, the Word Bearers struck. Contemptors and Leviathans waded into our outer Echelons, butchering the bulk of the 5th companies fighting force. My squad was assigned guard duties at the munitions port, and was spared the brunt of the attack. We emerged to find the slaughtered bodies of our comrades scattered about, ripped limb from limb. Brother Arius was cut down by a stray bolt round, while two more of my squad were killed by some sort of xenos infested contemptor. The thing had emerged from the shadows, covered in blood and a glowing halo of malevolent energy. It took several krak grendaes and a melta bomb to bring it down, and its psychic death cries shook me to the core. We watched aghast, hunkering in the munitions bunker while Brother Kilo tried to vox to command, while the Word Bearers finished off our wounded brothers. Unsure of the situation, I ordered my squad to move back into the bunker, collecting munitions of all sorts to combat the Word Bearers. We then proceeded down the service tunnels, were we found mutilated bodies and wandering flesh hosts. Xenos beings were randomly bursting out of bodies, both alive and dead. They were red skinned and had blades that glowed brighter at the amount of blood spilled. We managed to dispatch them without any casualties, though our bolters had next to no effect on them. Blades prevailed in the close quarters combat that ensued. We fought a fighting retreat through the Ministorum sector of the Spaceport, before encountering Skitarii cohort 465, who linked us to Captain Sydance of 4th company. We rendezvoused with them as they proceeded to Captain Ventanus' rally point at the governors palace. We then proceeded to attempt to retake Lanshear, and launch the Scrap code that cleared the vox and noospheric networks.

But I am at an end. I have been mortally wounded by the Word Bearers, in mind and body. I lie here content. I gave it back to the Bastards. I hope that my legacy will survive. It probably won't. But as I fade, I'll hold onto one thing: We won..."

[breathing slowing]

[breathing stopped]

[All vitals lost]

[brother Sergeant Terinius dead]

+==+

Hoped you liked it! Its been fun trying to challenge my writing abilities with this

Looking good Kurama.

I've done approximately 600 words for Illa but the main pivotal point of her background story is that of the Priests as well. I'm not going to be able to squeeze in the Priests in this months painting. They'll be part of next months lot.

Once I've got her painted probably by Tuesday I'll be starting next months pledge a bit early. If that's ok?

Scrub me finishing early and making a start on next months. Currently sat in hospital with my eldest. He's been in overnight last night and will be in atleast tonight. Not sure when we'll be heading home.

Archived