A Tale of 18 Hobbyists

GhostMalone

@the psycho- dude that Marshall is :cussing awesome.

@ everyone- there's a change happening and I have decided to give my position to KBA as its still the opening of this event so I can take more of a moderator role for the event length.

This however does not mean I'm not participating this just means I will have to set a higher standard and will not be eligible for awards etc.

This decision is mine and I wish to bring as many talented hobbyists into this event.

Encounter

Leneus and Quintus walked rigidly along the gantry, overseeing the works beneath them. Shoulder to shoulder in massive terminator plate, the newer Indomitus pattern, the were as one in the cramped confines. They were part of the relief force of arcology Gamma-I, a more minor area of little strategic value. It had come under assault from the Word Bearers in the last few days, and the shell force of tactical squad Derulas was barely able to hold the traitorous astartes. 

Smoke rose from beneath, coiling like a hydra amongst the workers and supervisors. Upon the gantry, for the briefest second, that smoke turned into a grinning astartes, in crimson red armour, wet blood glistening from ear to ear Then the smoke dissipated, leaving nothing but the gloom. Leneus snapped up his combi-plasma, bolt rounds cycling, but Quintus did not. "Brother, did you not see something just then?" He inquired, turning to face Quintus. His brother was still facing away, facing below. When his question went unanswered, Leneus grabbed his brother by the shoulder and spun him round. Quintus stared at him with dull eyes, and grinning from the bright red gash running from ear to ear. The crimson smile. Horrified, Leneus let his brother go, and the terminator toppled from the gantry and hit the floor with a thud, creating a crater in the already pockmarked earth. Aghast mortal faces looked up at him, wondering, terrified, scared...

Calmly, he turned around and began the way he came, clanking down the iron shod stairs, to adress the crowd.

"We have an intruder. Proceed back to your billets and wait" The words come out as a gruff whisper. Anxious murmuring kindled throughout the crowd. Fear, he thought with disgust, the idea poison in his mind. Weakness. Failure. All were foreign to him, and the idea of it was not one he could ever comprehend.

Leneus voxed to his brothers, setting the alert on the general vox. "We have an intruder in Gamma-I. Be wary brothers, for he uses sorcerous ways. Brother Quintus is down, killed. Be wary brothers. And suffer not the traitor to live. For the unforgotten 4th!"

Leneus began his search of his immediate area, scanning through the work equipment and buildings. He saw no Word Bearer, save for the shadows fleeting at the edge of his vision, to fast even for his eye to catch. Attributing the sensations to lack of rest, Leneus began his way to the next area, but a feeling stopped him. It was the same feeling from the gantry. The feeling he had got when the Word Bearer appeared. Slowly he turned around, already voxing to Centurion Julion, asking for a general convergence on his position. The Word Bearer was standing there, grinning his crimson smile. A heart was pulsing in his hand, blood dripping down to pool into the mud. Leneus felt a pain in his chest. He knew what was waiting for him when he looked down, yet still he did. Curiosity commanded him to. Where there should have been impenetrable terminator armour, there instead was a gaping hole, tinged crimson, right where his primary heart should be. He laughed. It would take more than that to fell an astartes, they both knew it. In the blink of an eye, Leneus had raised his combi-plasma, and let loose with a searing bolt of energy. Smiling, believing his work was done, Leneus slipped into a coma, his sus en membrane giving him blessed sleep.

+==+

When they found Leneus, the found him dead. The proud warrior was no more. His once handsome features were stained with a rigour mortis smile, further enunciated by the ear to ear gash along his face. The crimson smile. 

+==+

"To all XIII units, and those allied to their cause. Hear this and heed it. Arcology Gamma-I is compromised. Declared Pericolus Majoris from Mark 234:76. Beware the Crimson Smile. For the Unforg-"

Last known transmission from Arcology Gamma-I, authorised by Centurion Julion Faerus

+==+

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_2031_zpsenbm7foz.jpg

+==+

Two termies done for today. 3 to go. Also Kurama I assume this qualifies as my writing piece for the month lol?

med_gallery_65393_11272_209068.jpg

VIIth Legion Successor Chapter

"Blades of Dorn"

Vth Company Siege Assault Vanguard.

Month: September.

I, Daemonifugue, vow to complete one five-man Devestator Squad, with 4 Lascannons and my Siege Master (with Power Fist and Combi-Melta) for a combined total of 300 points, by the end of September 2015.

Before image here:

med_gallery_65393_11272_125167.jpg

PLOG linky: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313124-blades-of-dorn-vth-company-siege-assault-vanguard/

I expect my vow to surface either later today or tomorrow once I've had a chance to inventory what I have and compare it to the mountain of Resin I'll need to get on order.

As for the army itself, I'm currently shooting for the XX Legio Astartes but I'm itching to incorporate other units to form something of a Shattered Legions force. With that being said, what's people's opinions on this? I've got ideas for certain units belonging to certain Legions and have written several bits of fluff to go along with them but I'd appreciated some feedback from my fellow "Talers" (really need to think of a better name than that) before ploughing ahead

started to build the towers (not the best models from GW ... horrible mold lines ...)

med_gallery_79873_11268_123956.jpg

i also started to build my first Iron Warriors squad (will paint them later, not this month^^)

med_gallery_79873_11268_338903.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Daemonifugue:

med_gallery_65393_11272_125167.jpg

really cool pose on that Devastators Sergeant! love the backpack :)

21062854035_ac5081b95d_z_d.jpg

"You are my unbroken blades. You are the Death Guard."

I, the Hydra, loyal son of the XIV legion, housecarl of Mortarion pledge my service to this cohort of painters. For the honour of my Legion, Primarch, and the Warmaster I will paint 7 Deathshroud with melts bombs for a total of 205 points.

Just waiting on Forge World to deliver an order. I have 5 Deathshroud built, just need to get the other 2.

Quick wip of my Pink Horrors mostly basecoated, my wife said it looks like I painted them with pepto bismol so I think I am on the right track!

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/phorw1_zpsb1dswexc.jpg

For the Lord of Change I am thinking of making him mostly darker colours, and maybe rainbow wings if I can pull that off. It's great to see some wip shots already, keep them coming

Out of interest is everyone keeping a blog of their progress separate to this thread? I think it might be worthwhile having a link to each one somewhere near the front of the thread where the totals for each entrant can be found.

Currently on the late night commute homeward and looking forward to getting in so I can start. Should have my first vow decided on by the time I get home. :D

I can hyperlink each hobbyists individual link if they wish, alot of us already have our own plogs &/or blogs.

It all depends on what participants feel like when it comes to that.

So on that note we have alot of first month progress were only after a couple more vows. Now please remember fluff isn't needed until the completion of the month.

All wip stories are fine and there will be a hall of honour thread at the completion of each month with photos of completions and accompanying fluff.

Once I've got some more free time I'll be adding a list for each month and have a section to hyperlink the completions and the monthly artifice award.

Loving everyone's progress up to this point. Now I'm off to work so keep it coming

Just got my Forge World order in! That means more assembly!

Also, would not having the shoulder pads for my Marines affect the vow at all, since they "technically" wouldn't be fully painted? I won't be able to order the pads until October, probably. If this is the case, I might have to change my vow a bit.

Just got my Forge World order in! That means more assembly!

Also, would not having the shoulder pads for my Marines affect the vow at all, since they "technically" wouldn't be fully painted? I won't be able to order the pads until October, probably. If this is the case, I might have to change my vow a bit.

As the Challenge is motivational, I'd think it would be ok to leave them off and attach them once you have them without affecting your vow validity.

First off, thanks to Kurama for letting me slip in just as the gates were closing. Even more motivation for me to keep at this and do the best I can. My first month's vow is a character I've been wanting to paint for a while. My work is seasonal, and in a couple of months I will have a lot more free time to invest in

the hobby, so expect my vows to get increasingly ambitious as winter falls :)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/lupercal_by_d1sarmon1a-d7jbbia_zpsmrkfsivb.jpg

Sons of Horus, XVI LEGIONES ASTARTES

The September vow:

http://s10.postimg.org/5xjscmm09/P3192074.jpg

Haven't dug out my HH books for point costs yet, but will update when I do.

I have decided to hold back on my vow for this month, so I am taking my siesta.

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the fact the timing had ben brought forward a month to include September until I got offshore on the 31st, and my models I would have worked on are at home, so that is 2 weeks of September gone. I might also be away working an extra week in September, so it gives me no time to do the model justice.

I'll either retain the fluff piece for October or work on something else. For me it's Siesta-September I am afraid.

KBA, I really like that model, only thing I would suggest is the cape feels a little off. Maybe would be better if you made your own, either GS or with tissue paper.

Quick wip of my Pink Horrors mostly basecoated, my wife said it looks like I painted them with pepto bismol so I think I am on the right track!

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/phorw1_zpsb1dswexc.jpg

For the Lord of Change I am thinking of making him mostly darker colours, and maybe rainbow wings if I can pull that off. It's great to see some wip shots already, keep them coming

Oh how I love the old school pink horrors.

Ok I've got my basic premise sorted out. Now just deciding on Legions. Thus far I'm certain of:

Alpha Legion (primary force)

Emperor's Children

Thousand Sons

Iron Warriors

Ultramarines

and toying with the idea of Dark/Blood Angels as well.

Too many? Or could I possibly get away with it

Well guys good to see people throwing out ideas and asking for feedback; as this is the reason we hold this event.

Now currently I'm off work with a chest infection so I'm a bit under the weather, I myself have made more progress with my tanks mainly picking out more details etc.

So this is where I'm at;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-03%2009.26.51_zpsdiclow5t.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-03%2009.26.31_zpsndzawlmn.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-03%2009.26.11_zps1g7lav0u.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-03%2009.25.51_zpshmze312q.jpg

so that's it for me for today next is chipping the land raider and painting tge tracks on both Tanks.

Got to get the fiance to pick up some nuln oil for me as im not allowed to leave the house

Archived