A Tale of 18 Hobbyists

GhostMalone

http://i.imgur.com/bPIyreK.jpg?1

I have always been on the fence about the 30K jump packs, they just don't seem big enough to give lift to a marine. For example in your picture I didn't notice at first you'd changed the back pack.

Good idea though if you want him to run with the assault squads.

And here's the land raider finished till I get the next bitz order;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-04%2014.36.49_zps4ablflbi.jpg

now which Weathering scheme worked better?

I prefer the weathering on the left hand raider (the achilles?) as I think the other stuff is a little too stark on the white paint job.

Also a suggestion, rather than the gold bronze of the horses could you not try them marble? That honestly was what I thought you were going for in the first pictures. Looks good though.

Now unfortunately the chapter house kit won't fit the Land Raider Doors so I've had an idea;

I buy the mkiib Forge World Land Raider and use the side sponsons then I order another bare bones Land Raider so I will have 2 Land raiders and then order 2 of the chapter house kit.

As I can't pass up on these Doors for this model.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-05%2010.10.23_zpsgt6fryk8.jpg

This will mean I'll have 2 more Land raiders to vow for this event

September's vow is coming along nicely:

med_gallery_65393_11272_330907.jpg med_gallery_65393_11272_221907.jpg

Brother-Sergeant Hydrocles of IXth Squad, Vth Company of the Blades of Dorn "The Titan-killers".

And now my fluff-piece:

Jaeggerfall IV - The Siege of Primaris Hive

Brother-Sergeant Hydrocles braced himself as the shockwave from the collapsing enemy bastion buffeted him and his squad. The vindicators had finally found the weak points and crushed the arch-enemy's defensive lynchpin. A cloud of ferrocrete dust blossomed out from the rubble, bringing with it the tang of prometheum and the stench of dying traitors. The targetting reticules of his helm lit up with threat warnings as a massive canine form loped over the remnants of the defences towards the Imperial lines. "Enemy warhound titan sighted" Hydrocles voxed over the net, "all units fire at will".

He watched as heavy weapons fire lanced into the corrupted god-machine from across the Imperial sector.The voidshields flickered in places but held under the withering barrage.The warhound turned it's bestial face to the sector to the west of Hydrocles' squad and a daemonic roar emanated from the brass warhorns on it's shoulders. A crescendo of noise followed as the beast unleashed a torrent of gatling cannon fire into the Imperial positions. The screams of the 197th Janissarians flooded the vox as the heavy shells tore them apart.

More weapons fire from the Imperial forces poured into the enemy machine, causing the void shields to flicker again. Hydrocles blink-clicked his targetting reticules to search for flaws in the beast's defences. Using the ancient technologies contained in his signum, the sergeant vainly scanned for a chink in the daemon engine's armour. "Concentrate all fire to sector 17b" he voxed, "Let's see if we can't overload the fething shield generators". Again, demolisher shells from the vindicators crashed into the lower torso of the warhound and this time Hydrocles witnessed the void shields temporarily overload under the weight of fire hammering into them.

Sensing the threat, the malign intelligence piloting the titan turned it's gaze on the ruined manufactorum where Hydrocles and his squad were holed up. The warhorns blared the machine's guttural cries of hate as it poured turbolaser fire into the marines position. Battle brothers were immolated in front of Hydrocles' eyes as the searing beams cut his squad apart. The fusillade ripped into the building, sending great chunks of masonry crashing into the warriors below.

Hydrocles pulled himself out of the rubble of the ruined building and tore off his damaged helmet. Looking across the battlefield he could see the warhound turn it's cannons onto another column of Leman Russ tanks, shredding the vehicles and their occupants in a hail of shells. Spitting the dust out of his mouth, Hydrocles keyed into his auspex to check on the remnants of his command. A handful of heavy weapons troopers and two vindicators were all that remained of his task force. "This had better be enough" he growled, as he fed targetting data to his brothers. "Execute attack pattern Epsilon, staggered fire". Demolisher shells crashed into the hip section of the titan and Hydrocles watched as the void shields flared blue. Micro-seconds later a pair of lascannon beams sliced into the exact same spot and the shields flared white in a retina-searing flash. 2 more lascannon shots smashed into the now unprotected joint, blasting through ceramite and daemonic flesh alike.

With a tortured roar. the corrupted titan turned to look at Hydrocles and slowly crashed to the ground as it's one functioning leg collapsed under the colossal weight. Growling it's hate to the dark gods, the beast dragged an arm around to aim again at the marines. "Put that fething mutt down" Hydrocles spat, as his squad poured lascannon fire into the command head, turning the snarling visage to molten slag.

Be gentle - this is my first creative writing in 25 years!

Great stuff helterskelter

Now we're just missing vows and points from;

Grotsmasha points

Reyner vow and points

KBA points

NovemberIX vow and points

If anyone has Betrayal, my vow is: 1x 10 man Indominatus Terminator Squad + Reaper Auto-cannon ~ 340 0r 350pts?

I've been scrounging for power weapons, which is why there's no pic yet either,and I also have had to order new pads as I won't be using the Crux Terminatus pads either.

Cheers,

Jono

Well guys tomorrow I head away to do some away work but I'll still be here, now I'm going to build the Lascannon sponsons for the time being as I won't get the mkiib parts for completion.

I will however be ready next month with more goodies.

And a extra Dark angel librarian.

So let's keep it coming

So it looks like I need to start catching up, a guy spends a day week recuperating from a little over indulgence TESO:TU and all of a sudden there are painted tanks and towers being built! It is still the start of the month so I'm technically not behind msn-wink.gif

This months pledge from the November Warriors and the Mad Forge Lord Abielle is a couple of dreadnoughts from the heresy era. One is a Contemptor that has waited a very long time to even have the resin gates removed, it carries a pair of Multi-Meltas and a cyclone missile launcher atop it's carapace. The other is a more recent addition, a Deredeo armed with Anvilus Autocannons and the Aiolos Missile launcher. Both dreads add up to 395 points not including upgrades like extra armor and the like.

Here's what they looked like at the beginning of the week

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/th_DSC04910_zpspljnq6cu.jpg

As of today the 7th block colors are 90% done, a few small bits of script have been applied, but I'm trying to figure whats the best way to give it an old and honored look with out relying too much on purity seals and scripts blocks.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/th_DSC04911_zps7m2m7lgx.jpg

One nice thing, the anvilus autocannons weren't too bent when I got them. I still gotta do a bit more straitening, but so far this hasn't been the worst resin project I've worked on.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/th_DSC04925_zpsnmjq8bfe.jpg

The painting is going quick, so it shouldn't be but a few more days, too bad I need to order a new base for the deredeo since I have no idea where I left my 80mm.

Now unfortunately the chapter house kit won't fit the Land Raider Doors so I've had an idea;

I buy the mkiib Forge World Land Raider and use the side sponsons then I order another bare bones Land Raider so I will have 2 Land raiders and then order 2 of the chapter house kit.

As I can't pass up on these Doors for this model.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-05%2010.10.23_zpsgt6fryk8.jpg

This will mean I'll have 2 more Land raiders to vow for this event

Um, just for your information: the Mkiib sponsons dont fit land raider doors either; if that was your plan in ordering it.  

One week in... these are the first models I've built in a few years,
and I am proud of my first attempt. No blade or glue hazards so far.

med_gallery_8429_11263_145315.jpg

I was not aware exactly how much the builds are limited. Specific arms, bodies, weapons for specific models?! Yikes.
My plans for assembly line building just had a wrench thrown into them. The Omnissiah tests us, he does...

med_gallery_8429_11263_487957.jpg

The Skitarii kit doesn't allow for the Alpha to carry a radium carbine. Easily converted.

med_gallery_8429_11263_412682.jpg

The special weapon models are best built as instructed, otherwise I will be converting half the models
in the box to hold the standard radium carbines I had planned to. I may have to ask Kurama to adjust my
vowed points because of this. The models would be the same, only now they're points value has increased.

The revised total would be 580/2000 points.

med_gallery_8429_11263_412681.jpg

As above, adjusting my planned models and points accordingly. I have to tighten up my build time on
each of the boxes.

Ciao,
R.

Updated to this point.

I'm loving the skitarii rashbold I might buy some next time I'm home

Thank you. They do look stylish, don't they? GW probably could have molded the Skitarii legs and upper torsos in a two-piece assembly like the robed Dark Angel models. Instead the models are a three-piece combo, legs & mid-torso, front upper torso & coat, back & coat. I suppose it gives the coat more flare, but so much detail in the legs gets lost. The torso detail gets lost behind their weapons, but then such is the way of space marines models too.

Hearing other Skitarii builders talk of painting them prior to building, I can understand why. However, not being an 'Eavy Metal painter, I'm going to go for a what-you-see is what-gets-painted approach. The first maniples I build are intended primarily for tabletop play, the later ones will be done nicer for conversions and a parade ground look. Or a better worn and decrepit look - as if they've been on the field of battle all their lives.

Ciao,

R.

For the record can I only claim points for Ultramarines in this? I'm planning on grabbing some Solar Auxilia at the end of September and may work on my Iron Warriors a bit too. If I can only pledge Ultras that's cool though. 

As long as they are allies and incorporated into the fluff all is welcome.

I'm personally adding some DA allies in the form of a librarian and im thinking I might do an assasin or two.

And guys I'm proud that in a week we've already had progress.

And to give you more motivation on Saturday I'll post the best possible motivational pic for everyone

It's a good surprise

@NovemberIX:

yeah! more Dreadnoughts are always good :) the only nitpic atm - i would like to have the pictures here, not @ photobucket :p 

@Rashbold:

can't wait for your Skitarii! What forgeworld/paintscheme are you going to use?

@Rashbold:

can't wait for your Skitarii! What forgeworld/paintscheme are you going to use?

I don't want to go full Martian red. Ideally, I would like to use the Martian Ironearth for robes, etc. Not sure how well it can be thinned to minimize the cracked-earth effect. A little on the robes making them look worn would be fine, but I don't want a 'scales' effect either.  

Mechanicus Standard Grey was my next choice, but it may have me thinking of doing a Star Wars Imperial theme. No.

If the Martian Ironearth doesn't work, I will likely use some flat colours, like Steel Legion Drab, Balor Brown, and Zamesi Desert. Washes of Seraphim Sepia, Agrax Earthshade, or Nuln Oil to make them look gritty and dark. Bronzes and Hashut Copper for metal areas.

My thoughts on the macroclade are that they are/were part of an exploratory fleet or a Forge World that was lost/destroyed. They may act for Mars on an 'unoffical' basis. The Adeptus Mechanicus would deny their existence if they are caught doing whatever they were sent to do. Not sure, may be too Inquisitional... but the AdMech needs their 'field operatives' too, right?

Or perhaps they simply were part of a lost expedition that has shed their outward signs of allegiance to Mars. Maybe I could use red on the inside of their robes? Hmm... decisions. That's a few of the cogs rattling around right now.

Ciao,

R.

Archived