A Tale of 18 Hobbyists

GhostMalone

I like where this is going, however my only gripe is that the gun can only pivot a lot less now because of the statues.

The tank destroyer types have a fixed superstructure and not a turret so the statues won't be interfering with its ability to shoot.

I like where this is going, however my only gripe is that the gun can only pivot a lot less now because of the statues.

The tank destroyer types have a fixed superstructure and not a turret so the statues won't be interfering with its ability to shoot.

Yup ... You want to pivot the gun then pivot the tank!!! :lol:

Well as that was addressed before I could get round to doing a post I thought I best address something else before someone gets ahead of my game

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Lamenterkyle/Mobile%20Uploads/20150912_150635_zpstp3drjhl.jpg

Yes tentacles. Told you.

Anyway had to go grab some primer from hobby theft this morning. Need to order my blue from GW this week too. The painting is going to be delayed by a few days which makes me most sad :(

So guys the hydra unfortunately has pulled out; but since September isn't over we will backfill the position.

I have emailed those on the waiting list so whoever replies or contacts me first will be added to our roster.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/images-10_zpsouj82u1j_edit_1442185078682_zpsxpbxbzoa.jpeg

So guys the hydra unfortunately has pulled out; but since September isn't over we will backfill the position.

I have emailed those on the waiting list so whoever replies or contacts me first will be added to our roster.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/images-10_zpsouj82u1j_edit_1442185078682_zpsxpbxbzoa.jpeg

Sorry guys, all down to financial reasons. Have the models for this and next month but would then struggle so would rather let someone take my place now then part way through the 'tale'. Will stay active though, keep an eye on all te fantastic work being done.

I cannot paint white. That's something I have realized over these past few days. So, instead of White Scars, I shall have Greyish White Scars.

White, more than anything is an exercise in patience. I did a one off White Scar and used only (for the white) Ceramite White, Nuln Oil, and White Scar, all over a Black Primer. I thinned the two whites more than usual. Ceramite White was 4 thin coats and White Scar was 3 REALLY thin coats and a un-thinned highlight (which doesn't show in the pic).

gallery_48988_6285_140905.png

Am I able to change the models I was going to do? Doubt I'll manage to get the henchmen unit completed in time.

Would like to change it a single Inquisitor kitted out with a conversion beamer in power armour. The bits are sat on my desk ready to go.

I've also come across some Spyra models and the twin fist one is exactly like the description of an Inquisitors rig in the first book of the Bastion Wars trilogy. So want to do that as well once I pull the book out and check his name out. ;)

So I took y'alls advice and decided to try to bind something to my hobby table, ya know for the extra buffs, but I'm not sure it went right.....

Melta Contemptor

Here we see mostly the legs and torso of the Contemptor (who really needs a name by this point...) They're pretty much at the point where I can glue, but I need to make it's base first since it's gonna have a rather Captain Morgan pose if I pull off what I'd like.

Deredeo dreadnought

Up next and much more done is the Deredeo. The guns still need straitening, and I'm considering washing the barrels. I can already tell the missile launcher is gonna be the headache inducing part of this project. Resin just doesn't fit together right. (I think I hear Honda yelling damn skippy across the city) That said I think I'm really starting to like the model. It has the feel of something from Macross, a light sorta VB-6 Konig Monster.

I figure this week should see the completion of the Deredeo and the glueing of the Contemptor.

Good work guys so I've decided to add to this month's vow;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/khan_by_d1sarmon1a-d8pjv2j_zpsglmbijky.jpg

Vth Legion

white scars

september

I Kurama will produce for the month of September a squad of Space Marine Assault marines for a total of 365 points.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09-14%2013.10.41_zpszf50jggk.jpg

bringing my total to 765/2000

My post seems to have been eaten up from earlier. :(

Here we go again ...

My new starting vow is an Inquisitor in Power Armour with a Conversion Beamer and mastery lvl 1 for 108 points.

Currently carving a mk3 body in half to glue a GK back onto the front of the chest. ;)

Archived