Rossjk's Relictor Space Marines

rossjk

Thanks Sigismund smile.png

Can't wait to get onto the vehicles, since that's what I've always enjoyed modelling the most (last vehicle I built was the Airfix 1:24 Mosquito). There's a landraider, dreadnought, rhino, razorback and drop-pod desperately needing some daylight!.

But first there's the sternguard & vanguard squads and those last few HQ's to paint sweat.gif I've saved those for last just to make sure I could get the technique & colours sorted better on the standard guys first... apart from my necrons (simple to paint) these marines are my first proper attempt at painting figures!

Nearly there... must stay motivated!!

Would've had a painted librarian to post up today, but failed miserably on the head & face... if you've seen ever raiders of the lost ark with the face-melting nazi at the end - well the end result wasn't too far off that wallbash.gif ended up destroying the evidence!

so no pics until his replacement head bit comes - a dark angel robed head! Will work much better with the robes he's wearing.

on to some other hq's in the meantime....

Thanks for keeping my motivation up there guys smile.png

So, I've got to ask... did the inspiration for your thread's title come from my thread? Or was it parallel evolution?

Thats a parallel coincidence I'm afraid, saw it in the Relictors section of the 40k wikia:

Excommunication

Continued conflict with the Inquisition over the use of Chaotic artefacts during the 13th Black Crusade resulted in the Relictors ultimately being declared Excommunicate Traitoris by the Ordo Hereticus and the Chapter was all but destroyed by the Ordo Malleus' Grey Knights under the command of Inquisitor Cyarro.

---------

Keep up the nice work. I'm glad you went with the grimacing skull icon and have been doing alternate colored power weapons. I enjoy your updates, love seeing my favorite chapter getting more face time

yeah that earlier grimacing icon works a lot better, I did a test with that other no-jaw skull after tracing it into CAD and it lost most of it's key detail when scaled down to shoulder-pad size, a white blob slightly resembling half a skull.

Looks a bit too buck-toothed also!

Posted · Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 13, 2015 - No reason given

Heh. It looks like we both "drank from the same well" as it were.

Your last post on your 'knights of blood' thread was almost a year prior to this one being started up. Did you honestly think someone copied the title of your post that was dead in the water from that long ago? Please don't dig for reasons to troll.

Moving on from the derailing of the thread:

I am looking forward to seeing your HQs painted up, esp how you will be painting the Palatine Blade

Posted · Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 13, 2015 - No reason given

Heh. It looks like we both "drank from the same well" as it were.

Your last post on your 'knights of blood' thread was almost a year prior to this one being started up. Did you honestly think someone copied the title of your post that was dead in the water from that long ago? Please don't dig for reasons to troll.

Moving on from the derailing of the thread:

I am looking forward to seeing your HQs painted up, esp how you will be painting the Palatine Blade

Uh... I wasn't trolling. I never said that I was owed anything even if he had been inspired by the name of my thread - I just thought it would be neat. :cuss, man, not everything is an effort to get under someone's skin. You've been on the Internet too long. Go outside.

Hi Guys,

After the last episode with my Librarian I was brave today and had another go at some face painting, thankfully didn't mess this one up (phew!)

Sgt Telion, painted to match in with my scout snipers (on page 1), with a couple of minor conversions:
- Added a sniper rifle stock to the gun, gives it more of that 'special forces' look it was missing.
- Shaved off the smurf logos (but left one on the gun there though, didn't want to botch that!!). 
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/typicalaquarian/Warhammer%2040k/Space%20Marines/Space%20Marines%20WIP/Sgt%20Telion.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I was feeling that I needed something else unique to fill out the HQ ranks... So I'm building a kit-bashed counts-as marneus calgar with a relictors twist.

He's got two chaos powerfists which will have matching chaos bolt pistols attached to act as a darker version of the gauntlets of ultramar. A chaos sword is sheathed at his side... Have gone with an aggressive running pose for this one...

hard to get a good camera angle to catch the pose but here's a test pic (mostly blue-tacked together for now):
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/typicalaquarian/Warhammer%2040k/Space%20Marines/Space%20Marines%20WIP/Calgar%20test1.jpg

Like what you are doing very much!

The latest figure is good....but the pose looks awkward....the legs need to be right leg down, left up.

msn-wink.gif

yeah you're right he is a bit awkward that way.. I need to try and find a skull head for my chaplain anyway so i'll see what legs the ebay bit sellers have available when I do the next order...

Archived