IO - The Mechanicum Abyssii

Talonair

So, the first Skitarii Decontaminators have been assembled! Currently numbering six, one being an Alpha, they are unpainted, but I'd like feedback regardless http://imgur.com/gallery/jME7Z

For those interested, this six man squad would cost 115pts (60 for the unit, 10 for an extra Skitarii, 10 for Rad Grenades, 15 for the rad-cleanser, 10 for the Lucifex, and 10 for the power weapon)

Ooo Ooo Ooo! Where's that pickaxe from?

Looking good :smile.:

Thanks! And its from the Genestealer Cultists, same with the shotguns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Phew, she is quite potent. But she costs alot. I think she is in that regard balanced. However, I think she should not exceed the point Costa if the warmaster and the traitor. Drop her points wouldn't be too bad. I am not quite sure but in one thread Simison restricted the max Points for non-primarch, daemon Chars to 300or 350 ( might mix that up)

I did place a restriction based on the most expensive Mechanicum character at the time. 

However, if I understand it right, hasn't there been a new character since created with a greater cost?

Not in the canon.

Properly read her now, way way waaaay too powerful. She's 25pts more than Horus and outclasses him by a country mile in almost every aspect.

Edited by Raktra

What? No, I distinctly remember being against any Mechanicum character being on the level of a Primarch, let alone being above Horus.

That's why I asked about Scoria. From what I understand, he seems to be the most powerful character of the Mechanicum and would serve as a base for Mortera's limits.

Scoria is by far the most powerful character of the Mechanicum. And technically he is probably one of the strongest characters in the game as I believe that he can fight almost any of the Primarchs one on one in a challenge and statistically come out on top. However as a points limit he is laughable as he is only ~300 points and normal Archmagi can get that high if you kit them out.

Honestly I think that might be a little harsh after all Scoria is criminally undercosted. I think that ~400 would allow for a character that is a step above other Mechanicum characters, and in the realm of the Primarchs. But I also think that a Mechanicum character would likely be less optimised in terms of personal combat proficency. This is all just my opinion of course but I always thought that a Mechanicum character would be tough with impressive ranged potential for a character, but less direct killing power in close and a selection of powerful support/buff abilities.

I think that in General the Mechanicum characters are something like this, but Scoria is (mostly) made so potent by his Vodian Sceptre and it's ability to inflict more wounds than he causes in hits and ignore FNP and IWND.

My own philosophy is that no Mechanicum character should be on the level of a Primarch since the Emperor himself created and armed them from his finest labs and forges. Still, I'll defer to you and won't make 300 a hard cap.

Actually, with 8th edition, I wonder how FW will handle the point system or if they will re-balance units and heroes. 

As such, I'll step out of the conversation for now, having made my preferences known. 

The only reason for Mortera being this powerful is because of millenia of testing and improving, with dark age tech integrated into her body. What took the Emperor a matter of years to create it took Mortera millenia to approach. Also, Mortera lacks the 'divine' aspect of the Primarchs.

Also, in canon there are creatures and warmachines that match the Primarchs in combat ability and such

Not sure that reasoning is completely sound either, as Belisarius Cawl exists in canon and is 10,000 years old, has constantly been upgrading his own body, and has shown a willingness to use "forbidden" technology. And he's nowhere near this powerful, much less Primarch-level, much less more powerful than all of the Primarchs.

Reduce her number of special rules and abilities to less than twenty-something, T6, remove the rad furnace and severely reduce the warlord trait shenanigans. And WS6.

Edit: 32 special rules/abilities on her alone. That's more than some codexes.

Edited by Raktra

• 2 weeks later...