IO - The Mechanicum Abyssii

Talonair

Good points, and thanks for the info. It occurs to me that the Xana battle offers a solid look at Imperium versus Mechanicum void battles, so that should be something in mind as we detail this conflict.

That's contrary to the impression Lords of Mars gives, however, given that

When the Ark gets boarded by a pretty much unstoppable wave of adaptive crystal soldiers, those on board the Ark give a very spirited defense

Furthermore the Abyssii were always envisioned as a far more war-like sect, with a much larger than average percentage of Myrmidons and Ordo Reductor priests. This is part of the reason why they end up getting on with the Berserkers (until the Insurrection)

Edited by Talonair

By the way gwal bought thr cease fire with giving his mask for studies and I can see him giving himself as some kind of hostage to prevent the abyssi from blowing the drowned into pieces. Thst he has called for alexandros as diplomat is a thing the abyssi don't need to know

Okay, I'll add that in with a caveat. How about the mask be part of the negotiation process and the hostage situation be the reason for the cease fire? That way, Gwal helps at both stages instead of just with the ceasefire. Edited by simison

Yes. That is a gold idea. Mortera grows curious while gwal visite her and she wants to study this technology which allows to Contain and redirect the pariah power. Can we have a test of arms in it AS well? Gwal vs an chosen chympion to show the might of a primarch?

The Abyssii wouldn't be opposed to catering to them both, certainly, and if the Shepherds are struggling for supplies (on account of them being disowned by Raktra), Mortera would see it as an opportunity to secure the future support of the Shepherds by supplying them

Oh the Technocracy are supplying the Shepherds? Never mind then

The Shepherds would be provided for. The main issue is that Raktra would never countenance sharing resources with them.

Fair point also. It does turn the Shepherds fleeing to Nox after Raktra's entry into the Insurrection more of a desperate act, then

As far as I recall. They were the ones who peacefully brought the Technocracy into the Imperium.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

As far as I recall. They were the ones who peacefully brought the Technocracy into the Imperium.

And the Iron Bears. The Technocracy later forge links with Abyssii to ward off the threat of Kelbor-Hal annexing their tech.

And the Iron Bears. The Technocracy later forge links with Abyssii to ward off the threat of Kelbor-Hal annexing their tech.

Do they? I haven't been informed of this

Oh right, sorry. There's Nox itself, obviously. Sulis is the system's agri-world that feeds the forge world, and Minerva is a gas giant. There's an asteroid belt between Nox and Minerva, and some dead worlds between Sulis and their star, and out past Minerva that are used primarily for mining and weapons testing

So I believe I have figured out some changes to the Myrmidon Custos. I'm going to remove the 'Decapitation Strike' rule from their axes, and give them some options for melee weapons. The basic ideas thus far are: An AP3 two-handed weapon with sweep attack, a spear with counter-attack and/or haywire (to play more into the defensive role), and/or some polearm or sword carrying x2 strength and unwieldy. Thoughts?