[HH1.0] Militia and Cults tactica

disease

Isn't army of dark compliance a 'ask opponent first' FOC?  Cause its the narrative one?  Or am I just misremembering.

Because.........for giggles...Alpha Legion, Praetor in Cataphractii, venom sphere harness, maxed out levies.  So then you have as many of that max sized unit getting HoW attacks lol.  Then Possible rends in CC.  All for the lulz...

The only downside of the Dark Compliance is that you can't really take a Primarch.

Army has to include a Centurion or Preator to be the Warlord.... But I suppose the Primarch rules of naturally surpassing that could take effect.

Rite of War isn't an issue as really this is basically a rite of war in itself.

Which Legion would be the best to use I wonder?

Actually that's a thought... Can you use the Blackshields rules with an AoDC?

Then take Mechanicum Allies :o

MY MINI EMPIRE SHALL RISE.

Edited by Charlo

The only downside of the Dark Compliance is that you can't really take a Primarch.

Army has to include a Centurion or Preator to be the Warlord.... But I suppose the Primarch rules of naturally surpassing that could take effect.

Rite of War isn't an issue as really this is basically a rite of war in itself.

Which Legion would be the best to use I wonder?

Actually that's a thought... Can you use the Blackshields rules with an AoDC?

Then take Mechanicum Allies :o

MY MINI EMPIRE SHALL RISE.

Yes you can use black shields :D they still count as legion astartes after all though your warlord has to be a centurion / consul. Chymeriae squads with the tainted flesh levies would be awesome Edited by teutonicavenger

Hey folks, I'm trying to decide on provenances for a close-combat themed loyalist militia force. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the Feral Warriors (+1WS, option to give units +1A) but I can decide which of the others to take. For the theme I've ruled out Abhuman Helots, so I'm looking at these options:

Gene-crafted (+1S, +1I)

Alchem Jackers  - pseudo-stubborn (+option for rage)

Warrior Elite - (+1Ld)

I'm leaning towards Gene-crafted, as it'll basically turn them into cheaper space marines with more attacks. I've not played with the army much yet, though, so the option to keep them around for an extra turn once they get into combat with Alchem jackers, is promising. Plus I could then potentially have 5 attacks apiece on the charge for a +50pts per squad! (1 basic, 1 for 2 close combat weapons, 1 from feral warriors, then 2 from rage).

Any thoughts, peeps? Any of those combos stand out as being noticeably better than the others? Or am I missing an even better option?

Do you want a more berzerker type (like Gun-clanners, feral worlders given guns etc) or an actual military (Mcragge milita, trained elite slightly augmented humans, bred for purpose).

That will answer your question I think :)

In terms of raw power and in game terms, Gene crafted just means that you'll be wounding a bit more and fighting at the same time as marines. They will still be hurting you harder back though, with S4 vs T3.

For Alchem however, you can play a bit of a different game. Use units to bait the enemy, hopefully holding with stubborn and then charging in with a second one for a silly amount of attacks.

Ld is important and Stubborn is great IMO.

So I can T6 3+ power axe Ogryns in my World Eater Spartan?

*urge to buy Charonite ogryns intensifies*

You can't embark on allied vehicles in 30k (under Sworn brothers it notes, "Not even Sworn Brothers can embark in allied transport vehicles") , not to mention that World Eaters are distrusted allies to the Imperial Army.

That is... spectacular.

I must plot on the best way to utilize this.

Toss them in a Kharybdis for great justice?

Spartan doesn't work as well since all the Astartes have to go into reserves but you do get to outflank with it. Maybe a good reason to use Sevatar for his trait.

You're thinking of Sacrificial Offering. AoDC doesn't have the Astartes in reserve thing.

• 4 months later...
It's been a long time since this thread had any activity. Has anyone had any success/fun with the army lately? Haven't had time to work on mine much these past few months, so I'm looking for some inspiration!

My cult horde slaughters pretty much everything.. a small allied detachment is about 320 points, but try to shift 100 fearless, feel no pain and rending levys.. good luck. unless your enemy fields 10 volkites, it's pretty much an auto win on it's own, especially in lower point games from 1000-2000... not worth shooting at, but if you don't, they will drag you to death.

Anything beside cult hordes.. I'd say it recieves the longer end of the stick if you go full militia, as an allied detachment, a few other builds have their uses as well.. mainly to fill gaps in objective holding tasks..

Of course, one other build is go cult horde with lots of f*ckin levys (speaking of as many of the 6x50 as possible) and some legion allies to put into the punching section. Especially Pride Legion allies fill this gap quite nice. Simply drown the boad. But then.. who wants to build and paint 300 2 point levys... and you will hardly take anything beside them, as they only fire snapshots. Boring list, but effective as hell for few points.. hey I mean, 300 cult horde levys are going to cost you 720 points.. try to find an equally costet counter, no one takes or owns 3x10 volkite charger support squads.. problem is.. they are too many bodies on the field to deal with and once you are trapped, you can't do anything beside seeing your units drown in dices or even get charged by several legion units to finish one unit after another. Unless you face pure mech, you are totally f*cked.

My cult horde slaughters pretty much everything.. a small allied detachment is about 320 points, but try to shift 100 fearless, feel no pain and rending levys.. good luck. unless your enemy fields 10 volkites, it's pretty much an auto win on it's own, especially in lower point games from 1000-2000... not worth shooting at, but if you don't, they will drag you to death.

Anything beside cult hordes.. I'd say it recieves the longer end of the stick if you go full militia, as an allied detachment, a few other builds have their uses as well.. mainly to fill gaps in objective holding tasks..

Of course, one other build is go cult horde with lots of f*ckin levys (speaking of as many of the 6x50 as possible) and some legion allies to put into the punching section. Especially Pride Legion allies fill this gap quite nice. Simply drown the boad. But then.. who wants to build and paint 300 2 point levys... and you will hardly take anything beside them, as they only fire snapshots. Boring list, but effective as hell for few points.. hey I mean, 300 cult horde levys are going to cost you 720 points.. try to find an equally costet counter, no one takes or owns 3x10 volkite charger support squads.. problem is.. they are too many bodies on the field to deal with and once you are trapped, you can't do anything beside seeing your units drown in dices or even get charged by several legion units to finish one unit after another. Unless you face pure mech, you are totally f*cked.

My terror assault list with 30 volkites only has one response to hordes of levies: hello there, come join the volkite party. Seriously though 20-30 volkite chargers is standard for terror assault, combined with preferred enemy that's gonna mow levies down. Might be the one legion list that doesn't need to be tailored to face levies.

I have about 180 levies, about halfway painted now. Very excited to throw them at the enemy. Alpha Legion and Word Bearers backup, as the mood strikes me, and Daemons of Khorne allies. Painting up 9 bloodcrushers to go with 'em. :D It's gonna be a glorious army, topped with a Stormhammer.

World Eaters armies are great too at crushing those list and even with my own Iron Warriors army I could make a stand, because, well.... CHOOOM CHOOOM POWER. :wink:

I just luuuuv those marsian death rays.

I think everyone should own at LEAST a 10-man volkite culverin squad :yes:

I've got 30 planned for my Wolves :devil:

That will definitely help against my brother's dreaded zealot horde. You would not believe just how hard it is to face that many bodies AND the allied Word Bearers are busy summoning even MORE bodies.

It feels very futile.

How do they even move in those suits?

I don't know but they certainly shoot things!

I'm so impressed with these new models.

The basic infantry especially are total Squat fodder - though I'm convinced we'll see a new load of Squats soon:

GAMA-KO-ArkanautCompany-Content.jpg