Its good to be an armor hound Charlo , its good D: 

making a real push to get my Dark Angels closer to being finished 

Started today  with doing a black basecoat over the primer  then started doing a messy  blocking of the metalics 

tumblr_okofdjJ2vk1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_okofdjJ2vk1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

I  did a few more colors before leaving the store , but its all just blocked in , needs to be cleaned up and such before its all shaded and re brightened  , I haven't even done the faces on the hooded riders.   A buddy of mine is building some javelins for me so I  should begin work on those early next week.  Which I am pretty excited about , considering that will get the Dark Anngels List up to 2200  , still need to do some work to hit 2500 though , which is obviously the goal  then 3000 at some point before the middle of the year. 
( Im thinking Lightning Strike Fighter , and Possibly a Multi Melta Jetbike unit to round out my list , if I  get 6 bikers I can make a primus medicae with the extra bits ive got. 

Anyway this is whats currently on the table ,  9 of the outriders need some major work ,  and two Jav speeders are MIA , but I am proud of my secondary project. 
By the time we know what the DA  special units will be , Ill be headed toward  Florida  WLK  levels of 4000  and 5000 for this army . 

tumblr_okofdjJ2vk1tdqdkto3_r1_1280.jpg

I made it a point  to slowly do  these guys , They are like a side project really. I  do enjoy playing them , Though I cant get to 2500 with what I have so its usually in smaller games. 

Ill be at 2250  when I get my two javelins done , which are my next project.

tumblr_okvkv9mD4I1tdqdkto1_540.jpg
tumblr_okvkv9mD4I1tdqdkto2_540.jpg
tumblr_okvkv9mD4I1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

I still cant believe in a game where models where the flayed skin of human beings that PETA would be fussed about fur. 

Staying with the VIth Legion for the moment I am working on my Praetor /  Wolf Lord , need some advice on the head , I have 5 choices 

A tumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto1_540.jpg
Btumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto2_540.jpg
Ctumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto3_540.jpg
Dtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto4_540.jpg
Qtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto5_540.jpg

Options one and two are my personal favourites. The Mk. III doesn't mesh that well with the body, and those last two heads have been friggin' everywhere for the last several years. The clean-cut face is actually my favourite, there's an hair of nonchalance about him that goes well with my view of the Wolven Way...

I think I  will paint up options B and D  and then ask again  between those two ,  So B and D are the finalists 

I plan on ordering my Russ from Forge World Tomorrow 

I tried to work on a 1500 ZM  list since thats what ill likely be doing for a bit while I save up money for more drop pods , dreadclaws and a kahribidis 

I know Primarchs Chosen is a bit of a  Maybe this aint  legal sorta debate , but I  cant imagine that  Russ doesn't Count as a Wolf Lord for  the purposes of the rules and after speaking to my potential first opponent  he just wants to try and kill Russ so I  guess we will see. 

Zone Mortalis 1500  ( Primarchs Chosen Rite of war ) 

HQ :  Russ  455

HQ : The Wolfkin Of Russ 100

Elite: Contemptor Dreadnought x1 200
Twin Linked Las Cannon 

Troops: Varagyr  x 5  280
Stock with  Frost Axes and Combi Bolters 
Thegen gets a chainfist to go along with a frost claw for no reason. 

Troops :  Grey Slayers x 10   170
Everyone gets a god damn Bolter 
Huscarl  gets Artificer Armor and a Frost Weapon 

Heavy Support : Leviathan Siege Dreadnought x1  295
with Armored Ceramite  Claw and Drill 

So Its  5 units 
Russ  and the wolf kin (1 ) , the Terminators (2 )   the Levi ( 3)  start on board 
Contemptor (4 )  Grey Slayers ( 5 )   start in reserves 

I still cant believe in a game where models where the flayed skin of human beings that PETA would be fussed about fur. 

Staying with the VIth Legion for the moment I am working on my Praetor /  Wolf Lord , need some advice on the head , I have 5 choices A tumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto1_540.jpgBtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto2_540.jpgCtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto3_540.jpgDtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto4_540.jpgQtumblr_okzvvqGHeH1tdqdkto5_540.jpg

Well as South Park taught us, PETA doesn't care about people.

Just a recommendation, go back with some black touch ups on the spots that have extra paint :) also do a nuln oil pinwash or 50/50 lahmian medium/nuln oil wash so that it flows into the corners of the red to create a shadow! Trust me, that stuff is liquid magic!!! :D

If you feel comfortable, I know I tried blending 2-3 progressively lighter shades of red and it makes a world of difference. I generally start of with (thin all your red paints, lahmian medium helps and spreads it as thin as hot butter) a thinned layer of khorne red, followed by a 50/50 mephy-khorne red, then use a very thin wazdakka red if I want a hint of orange in the highlight.

I know that as I've painted more, I've started to experiment with more techniques that I thought I would never try in a million years :P good luck man and keep up the great models!

Edit: I love the mkIII crew too lol

Edited by depthcharge12

What DC12 said, but I would suggest drakenhof Nightshade as the blue is just black enough for shadow but doesn't kill the red beneath it. Edited by dantay_xv