Yes, as he was the judge in Magnus' trial. 

I agree that the points brought up are valid ones. Who would better serve as prosecutor? After reviewing the original Council of Nikaea, Malcador served in the role of president of the council.

I would say:

Judge: Emperor

Speaker: Malcador

Prosecutor: maybe a high ranking member of the Genetors? in conjunction with Alexandros

Defender: Paternova and / or Kozja

:)

Maybe another primarch? One of the purity ones? Or would a neutral be good? I would love if we have some kind of jury consisting of the high lords of terra who represent humanity. So we can give them some.ower in the books. They decide of guilty ot not and emperor works as judge. As we are discussing about human purity the case is a bit different than magnus were psychic warfare is probibited.

Here we talk about the evolution of men

I'm undecided on a jury since the Emperor sits in the judge's chair. But, if we do use a jury, I'm all for the newly-established Council of Terra for comprising it, along with a few Primarchs.

Actually Kelborn, I meant that the paternova should not be being judged as the navigators actually need genetic manipulation to be effective, just as the astropaths need their psychic powers, meaning that they weren't at nikaea

However, even if he can'tcome out and say it officially for political reasons, the paternova agrees with vizenko and co. He might even help fund the defence ?

Actually, the more I think about it, I think it'd be best if Alexandros isn't at the Prosecution. More likely, he'll have his hands full settling into his new Warmaster role. Furthermore, he's often tried to be the peacemaker among his brothers. So, despite being a well-known advocate for the Purity cause, he'd rather be a neutral factor in the Prosecution. 

Edited by simison

Actually Kelborn, I meant that the paternova should not be being judged as the navigators actually need genetic manipulation to be effective, just as the astropaths need their psychic powers, meaning that they weren't at nikaea

However, even if he can'tcome out and say it officially for political reasons, the paternova agrees with vizenko and co. He might even hel

fund the defence ?

I understand what you are saying. My thought was that the paternova could help them in their defense. They could say that like their manipulation is effective, the genetics used theirs to improve themselves to become better warriors for the Great Crusade.

And I do think that they could say it officially. At Nikaea, everyone got their chance to speak for or against the usage of psyhic abilities.

"Isn't it our birthright to improve ourselves to become the sole ruling race in this universe? How should that happen if not by enhancing ourselves, be it an augmentation or genetical improvement? The Emperor Himself created the greatest warriors of our universe by genetical experiments. My own gift as an astropath is a mutation! So tell me. Who are you to judge those who only tried to take themselves to the next step? If you want to judge them, judge the Mechanicum as well for their need of mechanical augmentation. Judge the whole Legiones Astartes for being genetical abominations. Judge Him on earth for letting all of that happen!"

------

Melitas Ver'Goran - Astropath, during the Prosecution of Baal

Hope that everything is understandable. ^^"

No genemod = no Thunder Warriors to unite Terra, no Custodes to purge them, no Navigators to lead humanity to the stars, no Astartes to conquer them, no Primarchs to lead them. In short: no Imperium.

Act of Heresy: A better place^^

No genemod = no Thunder Warriors to unite Terra, no Custodes to purge them, no Navigators to lead humanity to the stars, no Astartes to conquer them, no Primarchs to lead them. In short: no Imperium.

Someone is getting into character.

Still, I haven't heard any suggestions for Prosecutor from anyone yet. 

Well if it has to be someone who is not neutral, i would think pionius could be a fine prosecutor. Especially as he leves his humanform behind later, what makes him a bit of a hypocrite. ;)

Another suggestion would be niklaas, as i am sure he is very experienced beeing a prosecutor against witches ;)

If it should be an objective prosecutor, than i would suggest one from the neutrals.

I still stand by my offering of Daer'dd. His sons augment the hell out of themselves with bionics and stimms to push the ossmoda and biscopia (sp?) but yet believe altering the actual genetic code of Astartes to near heretical. Which would make them the Rune Priests amongst Librarians.

I like the irony attached to Pionus and his eventual fate of Wraithhood and the subtle hypocrisy of Dear'dd. Regardless of who becomes the Prosecutor, the other should definitely be in attendance. 

Given that Dear'dd's role in the Insurrection is pretty limited, I think the role should fall to him. It allows him to affect the Insurrection as a part of his legacy that he leaves behind. 

Conversely, my dudes are all like:

"So...we can't see in the dark all that well, cant tolerate high-intensity non-staring-into-the-sun light, or see in the Infra Red / Ultraviolet. Can we up the visible spectrum available to the human eye?"

"We can."

"Does it mean using Xenos Bits and Pieces?"

"No."

"Do it."

or

"So, the Pressure and Gravity on this planet means that we can't really survive outside of Power Armor or specialized Exoskeletons but we still need to colonize the planet in the name of the Imperium. Can we somehow increase Muscle and Bone Density to deal with the environment so that colonists aren't trapped inside expensive-to-produce-and-maintain suits?"

"Yes."

"Does it mean using <insert native-to-the-planet xenos species> biology at all?"

"No."

"Do it."

And Actively avoid bionics and augments since while its nowhere near as heretical as using Xenos-Based Modifications, its still a reduction in the overall purity of their human frame by introducing a non-organic element.

....and then we get to Wraith Pionus :>

Edited by Slipstreams

"I've seen every physical weakness of man, Astartes, and yes, even Primarch, laid bare before my eyes. Every strained tendon, broken bone and every numbed nerve cluster that has slowed you down. You are frail, you are soft, you are weak. None of you will survive the Crusades."

That sounded better in my head. My defence - it's 2:44am and I am drinking.

Edited by Raktra

I think it works well for Daer'dd to become a divider amongst his brothers considering how much he strove to make his brothers a family. And to see his brothers go against The Emperor's judgement. The only man Daer'dd considers to have a better mind for science than his own would be maddening to him, another blow to cause the rage that leads to his death.

This revelation would spark heated debate across the Imperium. Was the human race denying itself a necessary step in its own evolution toward dominance? Or was this the path of damnation covered in shallow promises? To restore the peace, the Emperor declared that he would judge Vizenko and summoned the errant Warbringer to his court. It was on the radiated moon of Baal where this trial would take place. At the Emperor's behest, the Primarch Niklaas would construct a magnificent coliseum, protected from the radiated wastes by powerful shield generators. It was here the matter of gene manipulation would be put to rest. When the decree arrived on the command deck of the [Kozja's flagship], Kozja Darzalas declared that he would represent his son as his legal counsel. 

[Guess what my next question is?]

Who says "Screw you I'm the Prosecutor!"?

While I agree with Daer'dd being the one to prosecute, if it fits the story more, Pionus would gladly shut down hard on any errant behavior especially if they went against the precepts of the Imperial Truth or screwed with Human Purity.