+Betrayal at Calth: Conversions and Ideas for the New Box+

Here are some of my personal BaC space wolf conversions, with one of my brother's word bearer's conversions thrown in (he's rather too busy to join) note: all WiP

wordbearerspraetor

spacewolveslegionnaire

spacewolvespraetor

spacewolvescontemptor

runepriest

Just starting with 30k and have finally bought the Betrayal at Calth set. Pretty much decided on the two legions I'm going to start with however have a few questions on the models in particular the legion upgrade kits. Looking at doing Death Guard and Fists and was going to get some of the legion upgrade kits (Torsos mainly and helmets)however wasn't sure if they'd work with the MKIV armour in the set.

Was also wondering if these are normally used for Vets or Artificer Armour. Once I get hold of the books and figures will have an idea what changes can do and will try and get something posted.

Cheers

Just starting with 30k and have finally bought the Betrayal at Calth set. Pretty much decided on the two legions I'm going to start with however have a few questions on the models in particular the legion upgrade kits. Looking at doing Death Guard and Fists and was going to get some of the legion upgrade kits (Torsos mainly and helmets)however wasn't sure if they'd work with the MKIV armour in the set.

Was also wondering if these are normally used for Vets or Artificer Armour. Once I get hold of the books and figures will have an idea what changes can do and will try and get something posted.

Cheers

The Legion upgrade kits are indeed fully compatible with the MKIV plastics from Betrayal at Calth. How you choose to distribute them is up to you; I've seen some use them purely for Veterans and others just to add a bit of visual variety to normal squads.

This is probably going to sound a bit odd when there is a model to talk about, like the model is really nice, the pose is awesome, it's a good mix of parts. But that grass its amazing. How it sticks up and actually looks  like he is on a grass plain rather than just flock flat on the base. 

@Marqol

I usualy get that result by blowing on it before the watered out PVA glue dries, that also helps to get rid of excess flock that would just fall off anyway, and after it had dries I might gently give it a brush with my drybrush.

There, I cleaned up the eyes a bit.

Nice model! And nice not too crazy wolf! Although I dislike them in 40k, I think I might like 'em in 30k..!

Back on the eyes, what about some brighter yellow to make them pop more and make them look like they are a light source?

There, I cleaned up the eyes a bit.

Nice model! And nice not too crazy wolf! Although I dislike them in 40k, I think I might like 'em in 30k..!Back on the eyes, what about some brighter yellow to make them pop more and make them look like they are a light source?
Thanks! I might do that later, but then I will tidy up all the eyes of the Space Marines.

Nice looking Wolves Ursa!

The yellow eyes are unique, but I like them. Matches the description in Prospero Burns of the Wolves having gold pinned eyes!

I prefer to do my Wolves eye lenses green because I imagine that is the colour that their vision works in at night :D

Please though, do not do glowy lenses.. maybe a dark area and a dab of white in the corner and go for a jeweled effect.

Nice looking Wolves Ursa!

The yellow eyes are unique, but I like them. Matches the description in Prospero Burns of the Wolves having gold pinned eyes!

I prefer to do my Wolves eye lenses green because I imagine that is the colour that their vision works in at night :D

Please though, do not do glowy lenses.. maybe a dark area and a dab of white in the corner and go for a jeweled effect.

Thanks! Don't worry I wont be doing glowing lenses since I think it would stand out too much with my colour scheme. I should highlight them a bit, though. Although, my Contemptor Dreadnought kinda ended up with brighter eyes than the Space Marines, but it's also more machine than man anyway.

Archived