+Betrayal at Calth: Conversions and Ideas for the New Box+

Here's my quite simple conversion of the chaplain, a very simple weapon swap and a couple of minor tweaks but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Looking great, but why did you remove the crest? Wouldn't a centurion wear just such a crest?

Here's my quite simple conversion of the chaplain, a very simple weapon swap and a couple of minor tweaks but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Looking great, but why did you remove the crest? Wouldn't a centurion wear just such a crest?

Not necessarily. A crest is a convenient way to identify officers on the field of battle, but they're not exactly standard issue. F'rex, Forge World's Master of Signal doesn't, and he's a consul like the Chaplain, and neither do the models in the MKIII Command Set which are to "be used to represent a variety of different roles in the Legion army list from The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal, from Centurions to Veteran Sergeants." GW and their subsidiaries do use the crested helmet a lot to mark out Legion officers, especially on MKIV, but it's hardly necessary, and some people don't really like them on their models.

Really awesome conversions going on in this thread. Did some work on my BaC Terminator Character:http://s28.postimg.org/sfal1vnz1/image.jpg

This is great! Where does the rope/rosarius detail come from?

Blood Angels terminator set :)

Not necessarily. A crest is a convenient way to identify officers on the field of battle, but they're not exactly standard issue. F'rex, Forge World's Master of Signal doesn't, and he's a consul like the Chaplain, and neither do the models in the MKIII Command Set which are to "be used to represent a variety of different roles in the Legion army list from The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal, from Centurions to Veteran Sergeants." GW and their subsidiaries do use the crested helmet a lot to mark out Legion officers, especially on MKIV, but it's hardly necessary, and some people don't really like them on their models.

Pretty much what he said.  I quite like those crests on the more Roman influenced aesthetic of legions like the Ultras but I feel they are a bit much on my Alpha Legion.  I'm going for more of a sleek look that feels more consistent with the Alpha fluff.

So, another short update on my World Eaters Cataphractii:

we-cataphractii-wip-16.jpg

we-cataphractii-wip-15.jpg

The longer I am working with this kit, the more I realise that quite a bit of work is needed to get some slightly more interesting poses out of the models, but the result certainly warrants that bit of extra work.

So here are the three Cataphractii I have so far:

we-cataphractii-wip-18.jpg

And I have also started working on the Cataphractii Praetor. The main objective here was to get rid of the base model's pretty awkward pose, and the easiest way was to simply make this guy look the other way:

we-cataphractii-praetor-wip.jpg

The most important part was to cut off the right leg above the knee and rotate it inwards a bit -- that gets rid of the somewhat pidgeon-toed look you see on many conversions of this model, plus the cloak neatly covers up all the damage from the cutting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Siege Breaker that I made from Steloc Aethon.  With this one I didn't want to cut the chain fist arm off, mostly because I am lazy so I tried to do a underslung/wrist mounted combi-flamer.  I am still not sold on his nuncio vox box on his back but I have really struggled to figure out a good way to model it.  I feel like a box mounted on his top back area would make the most sense, but I'm not sure about it visually.  I found out that there isn't a ton of room to model on some flair on this guy without dumping a huge amount of time into the conversion (I am super slow).  Anyways, what do you think?

Drogoth WIP 1

Drogoth WIP 2

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hows this

gallery_59703_9915_661231.jpeg

A converted Nurgle contemptor Dreadnought with Butcher cannon and Plague scourge (AKA chainfist), was going to orginally use him for my heresy iron hands but thought If i am adding any moremy Forgeworld army that then i might as well hold off until I can get the actual Iron hands Dreads since they are cooler plus I suck at converting loyalist stuff

That's awesome Teutonic!

So I'm getting my termies set up but I've ran into 2 problems.

Any ideas on doing combi weapons specifically plasma? Would the combi plasmas for the tactical squad work?

Secondary, has anyone had success with putting a normal marine helmet on the termie captain? I know unhelmeted heads work fine because their smaller but I really want to put a terror squad head on my guy. Any tips? I've tried cutting the bottom part of the head but it still doesn't fit all the way.

Thats a bloody leviathan with drill, storm cannon and Phosphex is what it is!

Ok to be fair I did think that after I finished the conversion that the butcher cannon looked like the storm cannon (used the quad autocannon from the aegis defence line kit) but that aint no siege drill and Phosphex msn-wink.gif that a wrecking ball from the skaven plague/ screaming bell kit with a heavy flamer attached(I wonder the size of the leviathan and contemptor)

gallery_59703_9915_383080.jpeg

This is a super tame in comparison to some of the awesome stuff in this thread but it does use a power fist from the calth box so i figured i'd post it up here.

This is my world eaters despoiler sargent. Legion upgrade head, torso, and shoulder. Calth power fist. mk3 despoiler legs/arms/backpack.

gallery_92768_11638_3764.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This thread still going?

Here's my Sons of Horus contemptor, which'll form part of my ETL vow...

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/4d11f30e-e59a-4b1a-af61-f42427d8d3b3_zpssmouo9vz.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/817dc400-6d98-4db7-819b-1362e5ed7f61_zpso7eoluxr.jpg

I'm happy with the pose I got out of it, less so the arm poses, but it was a sacrifice in the name of magnetisation I was wiling to make. Banner is magnetised too because reasons!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad this thread is still going.  I humbly submit one of my conversions.

World Eater

I think someone above asked about swapping the arms on the Kurtha Sedd model.  Well, I did.  And because the pose was  a bit different, this meant having to take off the shoulders as well.  By this stage, there was a lot missing around the armpits so some rebuild required there. And then with the replacement shoulder pads on, I had to resculpt the cloak back over the top.  I am not the best with green stuff, so I might go back and give it a fur trim to cover it.  And then I had to file the left shoulder pad down a bit to get the backpack and half-cloak on - that join will have to be green-stuffed too.  And I am undecided about the head.

Anyway, I would like to make a last minute pledge to paint him up for ETL V.  He was going to be a Gabriel Seth 'counts-as' in 40k, not sure about 30k. Maybe a chaplain like Kurtha Sedd?  Ideas appreciated.

I've posted all of these in my own thread, but might be nice to have them here too.

http://i.imgur.com/HNpcXdm.jpg

Converted Contemptor with chainfist (heavy flamer), multi-melta.

http://i.imgur.com/w2kxkIX.jpg

Cataphractii Terminators with combi-weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/yexaHNw.jpg

WIP Terminator Captain.

Archived