Here is some of my Fists Breachers. I love them!!! I usually run 20 with an Apothacary and they really are a pain in the butt to deal with generally.

bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/164410-

20574469019-c9778a17d8-k/]gallery_72636_11113_10938.jpg[/url]

I'll probably get some for my Scars aswell just because I think they will look good haha

Depends on the power of the microwave*. Mind at that point, they'd just be meltaguns, so kind of moot isn't it? Cool as it is.

*I CAN confirm that it makes a nutri-grain bar blow up.

A microwave drill can bore through materials such as
concrete and glass, silently and without creating dust.
By heating a target to nearly 2,000 ºC, the microwaves
soften it up enough for a small rod to be pushed
through.

http://www.impactlab.net/2006/02/12/microwave-drill-technology/

Found that after like a google search  
So I guess a Volkite Drill  superheats  the  surface then fires a  rod into it with an explosive blasting Charge that shatters the rock 

Or .... You  superheat some fools power armor  cooking them inside and you fire the rod into them to pin them to the wall  while you  tear them apart with your chainaxe o - o   

I  dunno 

Not feeling the Breacher love talking about microwaves if I'm completely honest ;)

From feedback, it looks like we have a hankering for a Destroyer-Breacher Deathguard unit.

So I'll open the bidding to creation of such a unit here as a focus.

Who'd like to have 1st crack at it? May I suggest the originator of said suggestion?

What do people consider a solid choice in size of unit?

I'm going blob sized, 2x 20 strong with Apothecaries as my only Troops. However, I'm thinking of dropping 5 from each squad and adding a 15 man Tactical squad or even 2x Tactical support squads for more plasma firepower.

Thoughts?

For a Squad like breachers who have 1in5 special weapon options, unlike most other 30k units who either dont have the option or force the whole squad to take the same one, using the "breakpoints" for those special weapons to determine squad size I what I usually use in cases like these.

So, 10-15-20 would be the sized I'd go for. So that you have 2-3-4 special weapons respectively. If you aren't using special weapons in such squads, then the point is moot and do what your points require.

Entirely dependant on legion and purpose. You want to get the jump on something and make sure it dies fast 1st turn the full 20 with alphas infiltrate plus maxing special weapons should do the trick.

Want them to sit somewhere and hinder things/hold objectives, iron hands 10 men and graviton leaving those blast plates all over, and having a smaller unit footprint.

As a night Lord player I'd highly consider 20 for talent to murder bonus, with choom because choom. Pop in a forge Lord so you can rad things. All very dependent on the job you want to do

I'm planning on doing two different terminator breacher units with my post-Isstvan Dusk Raiders, but I'm still working out all kinds of stuff in the planning stages in terms of both story, new units in the wake of the massacres, and model/parts to use.

Hi Team Breacher- I hopefully qualify for the group, as a breacher squad was my second troops choice for my Iron Warriors army. I have actually become so attached to them that I am ordering a second squad of ten and basing my army around them, rather than tac squads (at least for the moment, since I change my mind all the time).

breacher.jpg

Here a picture of my breachers disembarking from their landraider. Since this picture was taken, I have finished their bases, swapped out the leaders power axe for a power fist and ordered some IW decals for their shields.

In terms of tactics, here are a few tips I would pass on from my experience. Keep in mind that these are entirely based on taking breachers in an assault vehicle (land raider or dreadclaw) and should not be considered at all relevant or tested for foot sloggers.

1- Breaching charges are usually worth it. For the rare times they have killed some of my unit, more often than not they have taken out a few enemies. We also play it so that they can be used in challenges, which is really fun, and within the rules as written. You usually have a straight 50% chance of hitting, and then, if you have positioned your sgt. well, a better than 50% chance for a miss to scatter onto your opponent.

2- While people think lascutters are a waste, I have always taken them. For an assault unit, its better to have some secondary threats in melee, since that is where breachers are designed to be. I have rarely taken assault weapons for this reason, since most of the time the breachers are in several rounds of melee, vs. one round of shooting. Also, breachers only get one attack anyway after they charge, so the lascutter penalty doesn't really matter.

3- Sgt is best with a power fist, since he can't benefit from an extra attack anyway.

4- Don't underestimate them as an assault unit- Sometimes the dice work in your favor with the invul saves and you have a game-changing melee. This rarely ever  happens with tac squads, and its the main reason I have decided to go with two squads for the moment.

How often do you hit with the lascutter ? Knowing my luck with dice, a single attack on a 5+ would only hit once every three games, and even then I'd roll a 1 to wound :dry.: Just wondering if it's worth it in general, or only against vehicles and buildings ?

Titans, for that matter too.

You're already hitting on a 5+, might as well make the most of it. And unless they're Rolling 6's to stomp, you're re-rolling those failed armor saves, yo!

SHANK EM AT THE ANKLES!

I've been gone for a few days in the wilderness and I find tales of Dusk Raiders with shields and a new idea for Death Guard Breachers? Bully :happy.:!

On a side note: BCK- why is that Dusk Raider's right arm not red? Hop to it :laugh.:! I digress.

As much as I love my Death Guard (which is a lot), I just don't see them wasting their effort carrying 2m shields around. Who am I kidding? That's AWESOME!

I've been gone for a few days in the wilderness and I find tales of Dusk Raiders with shields and a new idea for Death Guard Breachers? Bully :happy.:!

On a side note: BCK- why is that Dusk Raider's right arm not red? Hop to it :laugh.:! I digress.

That praetoer ent no Dusk Raider, that's why. He's part of my VIII Legion Crimson Sons, and the armor is white because in the religious beliefs of his people back on Terra, white is the colour of death and mourning, and well... he's a death bringer.

Not to worry, there will (hopefully) be a flood of Dusk Raiders coming from my hobby desk in the near future, including more termies with shields. I'm working on a new Praetor for them at the moment and I think he's gonna be awesome when done.

Archived