Blimey. We need rules for Terminators and Breacher shields. Just to honour models like that.

We do! Its called being a Salamander or Imperial Fist :p

But seriously, if we could pay for Termies to take boarding shields (at a reduced cost since they dont care about the invuln) for essentially just the defensive grenades, I dont see why not?

Blimey. We need rules for Terminators and Breacher shields. Just to honour models like that.

We do! Its called being a Salamander or Imperial Fist :tongue.:

But seriously, if we could pay for Termies to take boarding shields (at a reduced cost since they dont care about the invuln) for essentially just the defensive grenades, I dont see why not?

I think that kinda highlights the not quite right fit of the boarding shield rules as they stand though.

A giant slab of metal between you and where bullets are coming from is going to make you get hit by less bullets whether you are in power armor or terminator armor. 

It feels super weird that my World Eaters can shoot or chainaxe an enemy breacher every bit as easily as they can an enemy tactical.  

The Shield itself granting a re-roll to failed armor vs Blasts and Templates might be a bit too good when you consider 2+ Re-rollable saves.

True, this one can be negated by AP2 and only affects a small subset of weapon types...but still...

I think that kinda highlights the not quite right fit of the boarding shield rules as they stand though.

A giant slab of metal between you and where bullets are coming from is going to make you get hit by less bullets whether you are in power armor or terminator armor.

It feels super weird that my World Eaters can shoot or chainaxe an enemy breacher every bit as easily as they can an enemy tactical.

You could say the same about a Storm Shield not improving an armour save.

You could say the same about a Storm Shield not improving an armour save.

It improves their invulnerable save.

I mean , Its hard with terminators since they are already supposed to be super durable , if you  give em stormshields they are melee murderers. 

I  think maybe affecting the enemy to hit roll might be a thing , considering they are aiming for the small amounts of the terminator that arent behind this gigant shield. 

Im also a big fan of the +1 toughness for being in coherency with 2 other models with boarding shields 

so were looking at  +1 toughnes -1 to enemy rolls to hit 
then you make it stack with Stone Gauntlet >.> 

TOUGHNESS 6  TERMINATOR BREACHER SQUADS 

the dream ..... 

I know that this isn't completely breacher oriented, but why can't the Iron Warriors get Storm Shields post-Phall ? I know they were badly mauled (sometimes litterally), but all the Imperial Fists corpses can't have been taken back with the fleet surely ? All it would take then is for Perturabo to reverse engineer them and sell the designs back to the other traitors ?

I thought Perturabo attacked the Imperial Fists fleet at Phall because he was told Sigismund was leading the fleet, and Perturabo wanted to kill him.

If not for Keeler's intervention Sigismund would have been there and the fates may have been different. As it was Polux took eventual command after the loss of his mentor.

Anyway I digress, terminators with shields. They are similar size to the plastic storm shields and I made them before being aware that only Fists and Salamanders can use them.

The Tartaros were very early test models, which are next on the block to get done, I will give them combi bolters, but rule of cool dictates they must have shields.... The cataphracts can have combi bolters maglocked to their hips if/when I get round to it.

Oh and a big shield on my dread I made about 6 years ago to represent Bjorns increased armour :smile.:

And they are all getting rebased to match the assault + recon marines, I think the warmer coloured bases work well with the cold grey armour

P1000046

P1000045

P1000044

P1000043

P1000040

P1000039

P1000038

P1000037

P1000036

P1000035

P1000034

Shield wall