Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

Yea I've got some thoughts...

Its a beast.

Its even better than the actual FW Typhon!

Can't wait to see it painted up. Great job Brother.

Cheers bud, just need to add a few more details and then it's done! I'm looking forward to getting some paint on it!

Went through the whole log finallly and must say I'm lovin' it!

Love the color you have, especially on the recon marines. I may be copying stuff from ya...

Also, the spartan turned typhus is sweet!

Thanks. You've made a good start with your alphas already, I'm looking forward to more progress posts! Feel free to steal what you like!

Cadmus

Thanks! If something isn't bolted down consider it taken haha.

Also, that tank just keeps getting better and better. That siege shield is simply fantastic! Its enemies should just throw open their gates, cast down their weapons, and know they made the right decision not to square up against that thing.

Went through the whole log finallly and must say I'm lovin' it!

Love the color you have, especially on the recon marines. I may be copying stuff from ya...

Also, the spartan turned typhus is sweet!

Thanks. You've made a good start with your alphas already, I'm looking forward to more progress posts! Feel free to steal what you like!

Cadmus

Thanks! If something isn't bolted down consider it taken haha.

Also, that tank just keeps getting better and better. That siege shield is simply fantastic! Its enemies should just throw open their gates, cast down their weapons, and know they made the right decision not to square up against that thing.

He he, thanks. I'm still coming to terms with the slightly smaller siege gun!

Glorious. I'd love to have a Cadmus-Tyro pattern Siege Tank. :tu:

Cheers! It will be an "alpha" pattern typhon. The fluff is also in the works... Edited by Cadmus Tyro

Alpha pattern Typhon siege tank built!

gallery_87021_11487_470551.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_11561.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_1118782.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_362507.jpg

I used the sponsons from my venator and the multimelta from my proteus kit, because let's face it, two lascannons and a dreadhammer siege cannon is just no quite enough firepower!

Time to get some paint on this beast!

Cadmus

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

• 1 month later...

Real life has been keeping me from he hobby lately, finally found an evening to get the typhon back on the work bench. Thought I would would snap a few pics of my progress for the log!

gallery_87021_11487_268743.jpg

Major work on the scratch built siege shield:

gallery_87021_11487_57359.jpg

It's slowly coming together, just need a few more evenings on it!

C&C welcome!

Cadmus

Impressive.

Cheers!

Love it mate, and I know all about RL delaying hobby. All my dudes are boxed up till my exams are over. Been cramming a years worth of uni into a few weeks......I just want to paint.

Thanks mate, hope the exams go well, I don't miss my medical school exams! Just look forward to the free time after, and remember to take a break (and paint more alphas ).

Looking real good!

Thanks. Stay tuned for more, hopefully....

gallery_87021_11487_635311.jpg

The 'alpha pattern' typhon siege tank was a war machine developed and employed by the XXth legion during the Istvaan five atrocity.

Alpharius, preempting the deadly nature of legion on legion warfare within the confines of the Urgal depression, made the decision not to commit his most elite troops to the field. Similarly it was felt deploying felblade and baneblade pattern vehicles would be a risky proposition in such close quarter fighting.

The typhon was deemed to be the most survivable chassis with its all round heavy armour and devastating armament. As a result, over half of the legions Spartan assault tanks were retrofitted to carry heavy ordnance. Much to the frustration of the imperial army commanders and mechanicum adapts alike, Hellhammer siege cannons from imperial army stormswords were fitted in place of the assault ramp. Removal of the quad lascannons also gave increased ammunition capacity.

Thus the alpha legion were able to field substantially more typhon siege tanks, helping them clear the dropsite of the remaining loyalists without risking the legions veteran units.

Battlefield reports suggest a similar combat performance to the standard typhon. Some tank commanders reported a reduction in overall range but an improvement in firing stability when the tank was in motion. The increased gun armour also resulted in a significant reduction in main weapon damage from attacks made on the vehicles top armour. A significant weakness in the typhon design that would eventually be exploited by both traitor and loyalist alike in the coming war.

After istvaan most alpha pattern typhon siege tanks were decommissioned and returned to their original purpose. However, some still remain in service, where company resources are depleted.

gallery_87021_11487_128417.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_1049829.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_853916.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_632785.jpg