Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

Impressive work. Where'd you get the decal for the three-headed Hydra on his cape?

Is that XX from the transfer sheet?

Thanks chaps, both decals are from the alpha legion forgeworld sheet. The big hydra on the cape just has one edge of a vehicle decal cut down to size.

Cadmus

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

• 2 weeks later...

These look great! I like the way they are posed a lot.

Might I ask where those legs come from? Might have to steal that idea

Thanks! The legs are from the plastic Tson sprue, they are Mkiv but have more of an artificer armour aesthetic. I cut down the additional armour plates from the tabard. Be warned though, they are slightly upscaled compared to to the plastic/resin MKiv, I ended up trimming the waist joint quite a lot to get the torso to fit and look right.

YES!

Those TS legs and tabards really work well with the feel of the AL. Very nice

Cheers mate, looking forward to getting some paint on them soon, going for the original lighter teal scheme.

How are you doing fellow smurfs?

Coils of the hydra RoW. The plan is to have them in a dreadclaw, with a champion (plus paragon blade) and alpharius. It’s part of my friend maker/custode blender list.

Cadmus

They are amazing. As InquisitorVonTansburg said, posing is incredible. So natural.

Cheers Stix, I think the Tson legs really help with the posing, most of them are walking forward which just add so much more movement to the pose when compared to standard MKiv squat pose.....I mean battle ready pose.

Thanks for the heads up on the sizing of the legs. I suspected it would be Tsons, fits AL quite well though!

No worries, i think the aesthetic works, I’ve tried to avoid legs with too much ribbing on the armour plate (which meant paring odd legs at times) and also avoided the robes with Tzeench emblems, to try and avoid the Tson association too much.

More stunning work Cadmus. As much as it pains me to say... you were right about the plume on Skorr!

The Suzerains are cracking, looking forward to seeing them painted (but not on the table.... unless we're allies!)

The army keeps getting better with every post :)

Thanks mate, I figure they will also make a good body guard for Skorr. They can all accept challenges, so perhaps one day soon Autilon will actually kill some rather than just heroically hiding in a land raider.

Looking forward to our next game when we get chance!

Great conversions, can't wait to see them turn out!

Cheers, I’m looking forward to going back to my teal scheme!

Cadmus

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

Those Invictarius...amazing.

Thanks Marius! Appreciate the comment and the likes!

These are the BEST possible axes EVER for this unit. My Alphas are on pause at the moment but when I get back to them my Lerneans are definately going to find themselves missing a few axes xD. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Trixie! Yeah, my Lernaens have no axes, just chain fists.....

Thanks chaps, I had to include them in the recon company, couldn’t resist that first turn 2+ jink save!

Well, I thought I would finish of the recon company troops choices with five actual FW recon marines. Whilst I love the sculpt of this kit, I think it’s showing it’s age a little. I’ve added meltabombs to the back packs by carving off the combat knives:

gallery_87021_11487_1184613.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_1409077.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_1076093.jpeg

Hope you like them, they’re next on the paint work bench.

Cadmus