HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Militia, Cults, Solar, Knights are getting a red book, including the newest knight from the weekender. I'm guessing it will drop when the knight drops.

Oh awesome, that's one to look forward to.

Istavaan legions book got updated for the weekender, crusade list update wasn't due yet. There is one coming out for the imperial army etc I think though

Sorry I meant the unit entries.

I know book 6 has new row, I saw the 'age of darkness' book. I'm guessing that's the updated istvaan one? That was available at the weekend? Only I haven't seen or heard any updated rulesets for legion specific units etc

Posted by Garro on the 30k Horus Heresy Board, 2/6/16

LEGION UPDATES FROM THE NEW LEGION RED BOOK

IF A UNIT IS NOT MENTIONED, THEN IT IS UNCHANGED

Emperor’s Children

• All models with the LA rule gain +1 initiative on the charge
  • sonic shriekers are now -1WS to enemy models in base contact which aren’t immune to fear. Effects the full length of the combat (not just first round), not just if you charge.
  • phoenix terminators are WS5
  • the cacophony weapons are heavy2, previously heavy1

Iron Warriors

• iron circle added, elites choice, single unit can be taken as a command squad to perturabo. said unit gains a minor buff of their choice from a list.
  • tyrant seige terminator squads now heavy support choices

Imperial Fists

• phalanx warder squads ‘shield wall’ rule fixed, now confers +1WS instead of +1I.
  • dorn’s chainsaw has ‘unwieldy’ replaced with ‘reaping blow’ (see DG section)

Night Lords

• ‘from the shadows’ confers 5+ cover save, use to be 6+
  • ‘talent for murder’ confers +1 to hit and wound, use to be just to wound
  • terror squads gain ‘precision strike’
  • sevatar has his additional psyker rules from the FAQ added to his profile, also gains precision strike

Iron Hands

• no changes

World eaters

• ‘blood lust’ is now on a 4+ rather than a roll of a 1.
  • previous version of ‘incarnate violence’ replaced with may re-roll 1’s to wound on the turn they charge

Ultramarines

• no changes

Death Guard

• may re-roll dangerous terrain tests, regardless of what the terrain is
  • instead of forcing successful rolls to wound with poison and fleshbane, DG get FNP(4+) instead
  • power scythes lose unwieldy and the ability to replace attack value with number of enemy models in base contact with the following
    ‘reaping blow’: -1 initiative, if in base contact with more than one model at their initiative step, they gain +1 attack
  • grave warden toxin rule replaced with ‘poison(3+)’ on death cloud and grenade launcher
  • deathshroud can be taken as a HQ or elites choice, plus as a command squad for a terminator praetor or mortarion.
  • mortarion’s scythe is no longer unwieldy, replaced with ‘reaping blow’.
  • mortarion’s witch spite only affects malediction powers affecting him or his squad

Sons of Horus

• gain ‘death dealer’ to their legiones astartes rule, +1BS if shooting at an enemy within 12″ with a pistol, rapid fire or assault weapon, doesn’t effect snap fire, overwatch or fury of the legion shots.
  • justearins terminators start off at 255pts for 5 men, may still take upto 7 additional men. they now have 2 wounds
  • abaddon has precision strike

Word bearers

• rules unchanged from tempest

Salamanders

• no changes

Raven Guard

• Mor deythan are 10pts more expensive at base cost (additional men are still same price)
  • all dark furies have raven talons by default, no price increase
  • dark fury sergeant gains ‘precision strike’
  • Kaedes nex gains precision shots

Alpha Legion (or are they?)

• saboteur’s sabotage attack now AP3 against things with a toughness value, and AP2 against vehicles
  • headhunters come with combi-bolters as standard, may upgrade them to combi-weapons for the same cost as terminators can.
  • headhunters replace ‘preferred enemy’ with ‘precision shots’

Militia, Cults, Solar, Knights are getting a red book, including the newest knight from the weekender. I'm guessing it will drop when the knight drops.

Sooner, actually. It's finished and won't include the new Knight in it. They had a copy out for a little while at the Weekender. Should see this book out soon, maybe around the same time as or a little after the Age of Darkness Legions red book.

New Legions core Army List red book just went to printers prior to weekender so that'll be a while longer (expect 3 months away probably).

Well his rules will just come out as a pdf when the Knight is released, anyway. So no biggie on him. IIRC he's still a ways off as it is, up to maybe 6 months even. Tony Cottrell mentioned that they might redo the missile launcher on the model as it "looks like Wall-E." 

I hear that TS termies were shown with a +1W bump? Is this true? Anything else for TS?

Absolutely zip, zilch, zero was spoken about regarding concrete TS or SW rules. Just vague "we're trying to make them play like this" statements. The overall impression was that they aren't as far along with some of the rules for Inferno as we may have hoped... Although it seems they are now 100% committed to it so that's good.

Ah I see, thanks for posting those rules!! Are they confirmed in a book or just from what people have said?

When are they going to become available to buy more importantly!?

Yeah, the rules changes to SoH, EC etc were in the Age of Darkness Legions red book (just a fancy name for the new version of the Isstvan Crusade Legions red book) which was available at the weekender, albeit in very limited quantities.

It should be out real soon! Either alongside the release of Book VI or very shortly after, within the next month or so. Don't quote on me that, maybe they'll take some time to build up stocks and it'll be like 6 weeks but I can't see it being much longer.

Cool! Il look forward to it!!!

I think I heard that they are re releasing the lacal book to include new units and unit prices. Did we ever get a rough date for that? I screened through a lot and couldn't see much

I think I mentioned it a little ways above actually, although no fault for missing that. This thread is incredibly fatiguing to get through right now.

It was said that Alan Bligh finished the new LACAL (which may have a new name like the AoD Legions book) about a week before the Weekender, so I assume it's being sent off to printers now. So maybe 3 months away from release?

yes sounds great!!

I'd heard assault marines had a drop in price and other things have happened

You have to give the fw team a big pat on the back, I'm really impressed by what they have done and how they have basically restarted the dynamic.

I love how they have listened to their fan base for certain things and adapted that.

Emperors children are a perfect (hehe) example of this, works eaters as well. They have done it very well and removes the massive legion creep that had set in.

With only a couple of legions left, I'm not sure what they will do for new things and if it will hit a wall in couple of years, or they will keep introducing new units as the heresy progresses.

All in all, good job fw team!!

Didn't they say they plan to go onto the scouring once the heresy is done?

Yeah, whenever they get to that. Alan Bligh said his successor can write about that :P Although hopefully it doesn't take that long and he'll be writing for it as well.

daemon primarchs, dark mechanicum,  god corrupted marines maybe, lots of stuff they can do.

There was even mention by AB of skull-bird-head Tempestor Warlords at the Siege of Terra :D Although a Chaos Warlord model is probably at least 2 years away if not more, and a bird head option even further, but I can wait...

Didn't they say they plan to go onto the scouring once the heresy is done?

Yeah, whenever they get to that. Alan Bligh said his successor can write about that :P Although hopefully it doesn't take that long and he'll be writing for it as well.

daemon primarchs, dark mechanicum, god corrupted marines maybe, lots of stuff they can do.

There was even mention by AB of skull-bird-head Tempestor Warlords at the Siege of Terra :D Although a Chaos Warlord model is probably at least 2 years away if not more, and a bird head option even further, but I can wait...

You tease

Posted by Garro on the 30k Horus Heresy Board, 2/6/16

LEGION UPDATES FROM THE NEW LEGION RED BOOK

IF A UNIT IS NOT MENTIONED, THEN IT IS UNCHANGED

Death Guard

• may re-roll dangerous terrain tests, regardless of what the terrain is
  • instead of forcing successful rolls to wound with poison and fleshbane, DG get FNP(4+) instead
  • power scythes lose unwieldy and the ability to replace attack value with number of enemy models in base contact with the following

‘reaping blow’: -1 initiative, if in base contact with more than one model at their initiative step, they gain +1 attack

• grave warden toxin rule replaced with ‘poison(3+)’ on death cloud and grenade launcher
  • deathshroud can be taken as a HQ or elites choice, plus as a command squad for a terminator praetor or mortarion.
  • mortarion’s scythe is no longer unwieldy, replaced with ‘reaping blow’.
  • mortarion’s witch spite only affects malediction powers affecting him or his squad

Power scythes - does it mean they are +1S AP2 with optional "reaping blow" or are they -1I +1S AP2 "reaping blow"?

EC and SoS got huge buffs. blink.png I hope both Angel Legions will look as good as they one day.

Power scythes - does it mean they are +1S AP2 with optional "reaping blow" or are they -1I +1S AP2 "reaping blow"?

EC and SoS got huge buffs. blink.png I hope both Angel Legions will look as good as they one day.

Reaping Blow is non-optional. So everything that uses it gets +1 attack when fighting more than one model in b2b, and fights at -1 Initiative.

So yeah, Power Scythes are now two-handed +1S AP2 -1I with a potential attack bonus.

I found this post by Mortarion24 on the heresy 30 forum, but I'm missing the ROW that I wanted to know about, the counterpart of the Traitor one. The one that gives loyalist a boost. Does anyone have the details about that one?

These are the other ones:

Armoured Breakthrough

+Legion Predator Squads (pred cannon turret + sponsons only) must be compulsory troops and can be optional troops. Sicarans Battle Tanks Elites.

+Single Sicaran Battle Tank/Pred taken as HQ+Warlord.gains command tank and +1 BS for free.

+Tanks with 3 or less HP gain Fast

-Infantry require dedicated transport or in tank/super heavy transport

-Not more total flyer+skimmer than tank

-No fort or immobile

Primarchs Chosen

+Primarch is HQ and warlord and can go in any size army

+Vets and Legion Termies must be compulsory troops

-If Pirmarch is slain all units in your deatchment stop being scoring(can still deny)

-Number of units with LA rule must be more than number of units without

-No LoW

Brethren of Iron

+Castellax Battle Automata maniples as non compulsory troops, vorax as non compulsory FA and Domitar non compulsory Elite

+Any techmarine cortex controller at 15 extra points

-not more battle automata units than LA units

-at least 1 model with cortex controller per 3 cybernetica cortex equipped units

-no battle automata can have the Paragonof Metal rule

-Forge Lord/Iron Father/Warsmith

-only forge lord and prevain consul types

Fury of the Ancients

+Legion Dread or Contemptor Dreads must be compulsory troops and could be additional. Not elite.

-Must have forge lord and primus medicae

-auto loses seize the initiative rolls

-no allied or forts

-dreadnoughts give up additional VP if killed

Legion Recon Company

+Legion recon squads compulsory

+scout and infiltrators gain shrouded on turn 1

+reroll first turn and seize initiative rolls

-Any heavy support units must start in reserve

-additional compulsory troops which must be recon

-no termies

Zone Mortalis

+Legion Termie non-compulsory troops

+One Legion Termie squad gains deep strike

+Breachers with b2b with other breachers gain +1 o invun if not fleeing or pinned

-no unit more than 15 models

-no vehicles except walkers

-no superheavies or gargantuans

Sacrificial Offering

+Primary Detach gain outflank and start in reserve

+allied detach stubborn in own deploy zone

+allied detach dont award VP when killed

-Must have allied imperialis militia and warp cult detach which must start deployed

-must have fort

-primary must begin reserved

-no immobile/slow and purposeful units in primary detach

-no deep strikers

-traitor only

Just a General Heads Up! Once the book is up for sale, posting pictures of the books openly on the Forums will be a BIG No-No!

We want people to buy the books and support Forgeworld after all!

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 9, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, February 9, 2016 - No reason given

Iron Warriors

• iron circle added, elites choice, single unit can be taken as a command squad to perturabo. said unit gains a minor buff of their choice from a list.
  • tyrant seige terminator squads now heavy support choices

The first unit in 30k to be nerfed even before they got models!

Just a General Heads Up! Once the book is up for sale, posting pictures of the books openly on the Forums will be a BIG No-No!

We want people to buy the books and support Forgeworld after all!

Edit: due to personal opinions on such subject matter will most likely cause a thread closure and im tired of people always misconstruing my intentions.

Archived