HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Nothing like the smell of a brand new forge world book. No amount of electronic or pictures will ever beat that for me!! They've already sold the new books to me, just need to be available!!

On a funny note, they make for perfect reading when you're sitting on your throne (no not a Questoris knight throne :P).

Posted by Garro on the 30k Horus Heresy Board, 2/6/16

LEGION UPDATES FROM THE NEW LEGION RED BOOK

IF A UNIT IS NOT MENTIONED, THEN IT IS UNCHANGED

Emperor’s Children

• All models with the LA rule gain +1 initiative on the charge
  • sonic shriekers are now -1WS to enemy models in base contact which aren’t immune to fear. Effects the full length of the combat (not just first round), not just if you charge.
  • phoenix terminators are WS5
  • the cacophony weapons are heavy2, previously heavy1

Iron Warriors

• iron circle added, elites choice, single unit can be taken as a command squad to perturabo. said unit gains a minor buff of their choice from a list.
  • tyrant seige terminator squads now heavy support choices

Imperial Fists

• phalanx warder squads ‘shield wall’ rule fixed, now confers +1WS instead of +1I.
  • dorn’s chainsaw has ‘unwieldy’ replaced with ‘reaping blow’ (see DG section)

Night Lords

• ‘from the shadows’ confers 5+ cover save, use to be 6+
  • ‘talent for murder’ confers +1 to hit and wound, use to be just to wound
  • terror squads gain ‘precision strike’
  • sevatar has his additional psyker rules from the FAQ added to his profile, also gains precision strike

Iron Hands

• no changes

World eaters

• ‘blood lust’ is now on a 4+ rather than a roll of a 1.
  • previous version of ‘incarnate violence’ replaced with may re-roll 1’s to wound on the turn they charge

Ultramarines

• no changes

Death Guard

• may re-roll dangerous terrain tests, regardless of what the terrain is
  • instead of forcing successful rolls to wound with poison and fleshbane, DG get FNP(4+) instead
  • power scythes lose unwieldy and the ability to replace attack value with number of enemy models in base contact with the following

‘reaping blow’: -1 initiative, if in base contact with more than one model at their initiative step, they gain +1 attack

• grave warden toxin rule replaced with ‘poison(3+)’ on death cloud and grenade launcher
  • deathshroud can be taken as a HQ or elites choice, plus as a command squad for a terminator praetor or mortarion.
  • mortarion’s scythe is no longer unwieldy, replaced with ‘reaping blow’.
  • mortarion’s witch spite only affects malediction powers affecting him or his squad

Sons of Horus

• gain ‘death dealer’ to their legiones astartes rule, +1BS if shooting at an enemy within 12″ with a pistol, rapid fire or assault weapon, doesn’t effect snap fire, overwatch or fury of the legion shots.
  • justearins terminators start off at 255pts for 5 men, may still take upto 7 additional men. they now have 2 wounds
  • abaddon has precision strike

Word bearers

• rules unchanged from tempest

Salamanders

• no changes

Raven Guard

• Mor deythan are 10pts more expensive at base cost (additional men are still same price)
  • all dark furies have raven talons by default, no price increase
  • dark fury sergeant gains ‘precision strike’
  • Kaedes nex gains precision shots

Alpha Legion (or are they?)

• saboteur’s sabotage attack now AP3 against things with a toughness value, and AP2 against vehicles
  • headhunters come with combi-bolters as standard, may upgrade them to combi-weapons for the same cost as terminators can.
  • headhunters replace ‘preferred enemy’ with ‘precision shots’

Iron Havocs are now BS5!

Nothing like the smell of a brand new forge world book. No amount of electronic or pictures will ever beat that for me!! They've already sold the new books to me, just need to be available!!

On a funny note, they make for perfect reading when you're sitting on your throne (no not a Questoris knight throne :P).

Even better when you realise a rule in there that helps, or one that a friend forgot to mention!

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 10, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, February 10, 2016 - No reason given

And the ladies wonder why we take so long?

This "death dealer" rule really gives the SoH an edge in the close quarters department before melee breaks out, not a major edge, but still an advantage.

It's awesome bro.

All your terminators, Melta guns, or suspensor web heavy weapons get BS5 before charging in. Combi plasma is my favorite on terminators or BS5 combi meltas.

This isn't a complete list, there are some definite omissions.

This "death dealer" rule really gives the SoH an edge in the close quarters department before melee breaks out, not a major edge, but still an advantage.

It's awesome bro.

All your terminators, Melta guns, or suspensor web heavy weapons get BS5 before charging in. Combi plasma is my favorite on terminators or BS5 combi meltas.

All of the changes to the book one legions are incredible!

+1BS on all those plasma and melta guns or terminator heavy weapons? Effective BS6 seekers? Holy crap, way to go Sons of Horus. They just need to give Maloghurst artificer armour like he deserves, and they're sorted!

World Eaters probably got a smaller bump as one of their perks still requires failing a morale check in melee (lolwhut?), but that new super apothecary guy is a much-needed shot in the arm (badump tish!). I don't think this list is complete, because I read a few mentions on cost changes for caedere weapons.

Phoenix Terminators are now I6 on the charge and they and Palatines are effectively always WS6? Seems unnecessary in a MEQ environment, but okay, why not. Kakophoni with twice the fire-rate, being troops and relentless really lets them bring the noise (man I'm bad with the puns today).

Death Guard now laugh at all those phosphex thudd guns, and both of their Terminator variants are pretty sweet.

Way to go FW, you turned the Legions into Pokemons, and I got to collect them all. Hey, since all the ones that interest me are traitors, I may be able to use them if GW ever fixes 40K cult units. :P

They will be mostly modelling and painting projects, as my main gaming drive is still the Mechanicum (who totally won this release, and will win the next one with psychic robots).  When folks come over for games, they can use Shattered Legion rules to use all the disparate Legions, and I'll even let them contest objectives to make it more interesting!

Now Alpha Legion Armies of Dark Compliance with all my Krieg dudes, that's a whole different matter. :)

Is there a change to the Night Lords Trophies of Judgement?

Every change is on that list.

Not really.

There are some omissions such as Iron Havoc's going up to BS5.

Is there a change to the Night Lords Trophies of Judgement?

Every change is on that list.

Not really.

There are some omissions such as Iron Havoc's going up to BS5.

That said, there has been no mention of Trophies of Judgement being changed in anyway.

The list was copied and pasted from heresy 30K forum which did include the BS5. It was the only omission. I am curious if Imperial Fists get as widespread use of assault cannons as the Angels.

Hopefully but I doubt it since it wasn't mentioned by anyone.

The list was copied and pasted from heresy 30K forum which did include the BS5. It was the only omission. I am curious if Imperial Fists get as widespread use of assault cannons as the Angels.

I'll testify that Garro's list is mostly accurate, or at least the one C&P'd here is. There are a few things he missed (Grave Wardens gained Implacable Advance, for example) but if there was something big like changes to access for IF assault cannons I think someone would have noticed by now.

Just double-checked myself and the rule is still just LA(IF) Terminators can upgrade Heavy Flamers to ACs for a meltabomb. That's it, sadly.

I'll testify that Garro's list is mostly accurate, or at least the one C&P'd here is. There are a few things he missed (Grave Wardens gained Implacable Advance, for example) but if there was something big like changes to access for IF assault cannons I think someone would have noticed by now.

Just double-checked myself and the rule is still just LA(IF) Terminators can upgrade Heavy Flamers to ACs for a meltabomb. That's it, sadly.

Well, I guess you live up to your name ;) That is a bit of a downer.

This isn't a complete list, there are some definite omissions.

It's awesome bro.

All of the changes to the book one legions are incredible!

+1BS on all those plasma and melta guns or terminator heavy weapons? Effective BS6 seekers? Holy crap, way to go Sons of Horus. They just need to give Maloghurst artificer armour like he deserves, and they're sorted!

World Eaters probably got a smaller bump as one of their perks still requires failing a morale check in melee (lolwhut?), but that new super apothecary guy is a much-needed shot in the arm (badump tish!). I don't think this list is complete, because I read a few mentions on cost changes for caedere weapons.

Phoenix Terminators are now I6 on the charge and they and Palatines are effectively always WS6? Seems unnecessary in a MEQ environment, but okay, why not. Kakophoni with twice the fire-rate, being troops and relentless really lets them bring the noise (man I'm bad with the puns today).

Death Guard now laugh at all those phosphex thudd guns, and both of their Terminator variants are pretty sweet.

Way to go FW, you turned the Legions into Pokemons, and I got to collect them all. Hey, since all the ones that interest me are traitors, I may be able to use them if GW ever fixes 40K cult units. tongue.png

They did a good job on the first 4 legions. World Eaters still feel like they need... something... but its way better. Those ones needed the most love.

Guess that means I have to wait 3 years until they catch up to my legion. Third times the charm!

*bitterness intensifies*

Archived