HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Don't do Blackshields, Squig

It doesn't seem to be working. Must resist!

Did you open up that sweet little spoiler with the Ashen Claws???

C'mon, say it with me...

Part of the crew, part of the ship...

Edit: it's a shame that grumpy old coot Hyaenidae isn't here - he'd be all over black shields like phosphex on xenos flesh.

My heart hurts that the captains not present but alas DC just means you have to step up your recruitment videos.

Any chance on bikini clad ladies holding your Reaver chanting part of the ship part of the crew?

It doesn't seem to be working. Must resist!

Did you open up that sweet little spoiler with the Ashen Claws???

C'mon, say it with me...

Part of the crew, part of the ship...

Edit: it's a shame that grumpy old coot Hyaenidae isn't here - he'd be all over black shields like phosphex on xenos flesh.

My heart hurts that the captains not present but alas DC just means you have to step up your recruitment videos.

Any chance on bikini clad ladies holding your Reaver chanting part of the ship part of the crew?

Sadly, all the deals I would have to do for all those hot young sorority girls to do that would hurt my relationship ;)

I'd have the same fate as the famous artist Raphael...

Does anyone else find it amusing that even something as harmless as a seahorse can be used as a symbol of Chaos?

Even the most harmless things can be corrupted by chaos I suppose.

Well daddy seahorses are the ones that give birth - soooo Slaanesh???

Does anyone else find it amusing that even something as harmless as a seahorse can be used as a symbol of Chaos?

Something I've realized after talking to Alan Bligh, is that every bit of symbology on these usually has some relevance. Case in point, it turns out there's something not quite right about House Orhlacc from Book IV using the manticore as their symbol. I don't even really want to say, I'd just recommend looking into the meaning of the word and history of the symbol to figure it out...

So in this case on that blackshield the symbol is obviously Capricorn. Of course they are the Third Covenant (a covenant that promises "eternal blessing"), and the Legionary is signified by Theoricus 2/9 which indicates he is a form of religious inductee. Back to Capricorn and here we have one of the four cardinal signs... hmmmmmmm. 

Something I've realized after talking to Alan Bligh, is that every bit of symbology on these usually has some relevance. Case in point, it turns out there's something not quite right about House Orhlacc from Book IV using the manticore as their symbol. I don't even really want to say, I'd just recommend looking into the meaning of the word and history of the symbol to figure it out...

So in this case on that blackshield the symbol is obviously Capricorn. Of course they are the Third Covenant (a covenant that promises "eternal blessing"), and the Legionary is signified by Theoricus 2/9 which indicates he is a form of religious inductee. Back to Capricorn and here we have one of the four cardinal signs... hmmmmmmm. 

Yeah there was something not quite right about House Orhlacc... May need to give a certain fellow who can go out in the daylight a call...

I'm coming around to the idea of the recon company RoW more and more.  I think a Rhino borne Recon assault force would be great fun to run especially if you pick one of the legions like Night Lords for the extra stealthy bonuses.

In Rhinos that's a 12" scout before the game and then another 12" move followed by disembarkation from the transports and possibly a run. Then if you are going first or you seized you have shrouded and shroud bombs to protect you from shooting and combat (not sure if the Rhinos themselves benefit from shrouded - my gut says yes). Apply cameloeline if needed. It's still a turn 2 charge and that's a fair distance you have covered. With melta bombs on everyone that could be death to many tanks.

And to top it off they are scoring (finally).

I dislike Tactical squads so I see myself using it when I have a Praetor but don't have another RoW in mind to use. The extra points for Recons over Tacs is worth it I feel.

Archived