HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

They did a good job on the first 4 legions. World Eaters still feel like they need... something... but its way better. Those ones needed the most love.

Guess that means I have to wait 3 years until they catch up to my legion. Third times the charm!

*bitterness intensifies*

It's actually part of FW's plan to bring you closer to your legion.

http://i.imgur.com/uJEpOzq.jpg

"Guys I think giving this legion recon squads as compulsory troops and +1WS against stationary vehicles is just so.. powerful. We need to balance this somehow!"

*The design team saddles the marginal benefits with disproportionate restrictions and quirks*

"Good work guys, way to keep those powerful benefits in check. Lets hit the pub!"

Has anyone that attended the weekender had their order for out of stock items confirmed yet?

Most of what I wanted was out of stock and being sent to me, but I've heard nothing and it's already Wednesday.

Not heard anything yet. There's probably backlog and a hangover from the Weekender, I wouldn't be too worried

It took until the following Monday to get a confirmation email from my order at the Birthday weekend thingy.

I was getting a bit twitchy towards the end of the first week but it all arrived safely in the end.

Cheers

Vogon

I love that by adding a few pieces of wargear and some rules, most of the legion tactica threads are going nuts:

Dark Angels - "STICK ACID/STASIS ROUNDS ON EVERYTHING. VETS ERRYWHERE!!!"

Blood Angels - "Yo dawg, we heard you like assault cannons, so we put assault cannons on yo assault cannons..."

M_r_parker, did you attend the Calth seminar?

Yes I did, it wasn't particularly informative. I'm struggling to recall what was actually talked about if I'm perfectly honest, although it was one of the first of the weekend.

Ah ok, so nothing of substance was talked about.

Well, the Imperium Secundus arc is supposed to be over according to the afterword in Pharos, so I inagine it was just a rehashing of what had already happened instead of "new" and "informative". For a series arc, it was mostly made up of short stories and quick reads and only had three novels in it. Of course, the Shadow Crusade only had a novella, a novel, and an audio to it so I guess that much material just in vilume is downright luxurious.

Just a General Heads Up! Once the book is up for sale, posting pictures of the books openly on the Forums will be a BIG No-No!

We want people to buy the books and support Forgeworld after all!

Book is up for Pre-order Now!

If you want pictures they'll have to be PM'd to ya.

Suffice to say, this is the skinny:

• contemptor-cortus is here. basically a contemptor with lower strength and side/back armour, has fleet and move through cover. gains a flat 5+ invuln. it had all the usual dreadnought weapons and has an 'atomatic overcharge' which allows it to pick a bonus from a list but at the end of the turn, must roll a 2+ or lose a hull point. cheapest of the FW dreadnought classes and is an elites choice.

Yeh, what FW classifies as the Cortus contemptor looks exactly the same as the normal contemptor... I'm confused. Why have different rules?

The Cortus isn't so much a variant Dreadnought pattern as previously rumored, rumors which were wrong. It's actually what happens when you rush interring an occupant into a Contemptor, and maybe build it out of shoddier materials too. 

It just makes the BAC ones better value rather than making the Contemptors. There is virtually no reason to run a normal contemptor now that they cost 2/3rd of what a full Contemptor does. Contemptors have never been particulalry brilliant value.

I don't think FW are that unintelligent as to realise that sacking the points on a unit that is already out of demand due to a more financially option is not going to result in the more financially viable option is going to increase in value. Suplly and demand, basic economics.

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 13, 2016 - reply to removed content
Hidden by Flint13, February 13, 2016 - reply to removed content

That's a cop out and you know it.

No, I don't think that. I think it's more likely rumors got overblown on the nature of the thing. I also think it's likely FW is going to end up doing a Cortus-style model down the road anyway. And I also don't care if they do or not, because I'm fine with being able to play regular Contemptor models either way.

Archived