HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

They are not reviving epic! They are doing it as a new scale!

Also, Dantay .... i think she stole your designs haha xD

Prob 10mm scale instead of 6 mm.

New scale? That's going to go down well...
It has been SO long since they stopped making any epic scale models. They can not be a slave to the past.
There are people that still use Rogue Trader and 2nd ed. models in their armies. Taking Epic to a different scale threatens to lose people who already have armies and would be looking to add to them/use them with new rules rather than start all over again from scratch.
Aww, xwing beat me to it.

This can be on a separate thread but I'm not understanding this right but if players return with their old armies and not buy new models anyway I'm not sure it a big diff for them. Now, depending on the box set I can see that being a concern. Anyway, that's not for here:) I'm so excited for Epic though!

People who return with old armies still buy rules, campaign books and all sorts of auxilliary products (which are products with large mark ups). Not to mention that if you've already bought in, the temptation to add new stuff to your existing force is significant. I suspect people are more likely to do that thatn start something from scratch.

The new Knight needs bulkier legs with a wider stance. Looks like a strong breeze would knock it over at the moment with that very high centre of gravity.

So... No Primarch models .... At all...?? Wow!

I've seen in a few places that Corax was supposed to be the Primarch reveal for this weekend but was "stolen" to show off at the GW birthday bash a little while back. We might still see something new at the book7 seminar

I've seen in a few places that Corax was supposed to be the Primarch reveal for this weekend but was "stolen" to show off at the GW birthday bash a little while back. We might still see something new at the book7 seminar

Hmm so when is said birthday bash...? :)

One thing I noticed from all the news is that vindicators can be taken as squadrons now, but whatabout sicarans? Also, if so, can we mix both types in a squadron?

edit: and that new knight is going to find its way to my table! I like it a lot! Also all the new mechanicum stuff too...

That new Knight is brilliant.

I'm definitely interested in getting one!

I can't tell if it's 2 twin linked Neutron Lasers or Volcano Cannons.

I'm certainly hoping they're D weapons!!

Hmm so when is said birthday bash...? smile.png

It was in January. Corax is already out.

Prob 10mm scale instead of 6 mm.

New scale? That's going to go down well...
It has been SO long since they stopped making any epic scale models. They can not be a slave to the past.
There are people that still use Rogue Trader and 2nd ed. models in their armies. Taking Epic to a different scale threatens to lose people who already have armies and would be looking to add to them/use them with new rules rather than start all over again from scratch.
Aww, xwing beat me to it.

This can be on a separate thread but I'm not understanding this right but if players return with their old armies and not buy new models anyway I'm not sure it a big diff for them. Now, depending on the box set I can see that being a concern. Anyway, that's not for here:) I'm so excited for Epic though!

People who return with old armies still buy rules, campaign books and all sorts of auxilliary products (which are products with large mark ups). Not to mention that if you've already bought in, the temptation to add new stuff to your existing force is significant. I suspect people are more likely to do that thatn start something from scratch.

The new Knight needs bulkier legs with a wider stance. Looks like a strong breeze would knock it over at the moment with that very high centre of gravity.

I made a thread for the Epic discussion.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318932-epic-scale-returns-but-in-a-new-scale/?p=4297792

Hmm so when is said birthday bash...? :)

It was about a week before Corax went up for order on the FW site. Basically they showed him off early which is why there wasn't a Primarch for sale for this event

One thing I noticed from all the news is that vindicators can be taken as squadrons now, but whatabout sicarans? Also, if so, can we mix both types in a squadron?

I would also like to know the answer to this; as well as rules and release eta for the leviathan melta lance!!

The style for the Rout looks good, much more Celtic than what GW currently has with 'runes everywhere'. If they start doing bare heads I think I'll stop going to Spellcrow for the War Wyrms and go full-on FW. Also, a question; can someone confirm if this book has updated rules for all the currently-available Legion-exclusive units, or only the ones that have been updated?

As for that knight, the more I see it the more I want it so I can stick tracks on it and call it an Armored Core in faux-Gothic. Not too sure about the Secutarii, since at the moment they don't seem to have any legs. Very glad about the multitude of new ROW's, especially that Armoured Company. Think I might have to ditch the Volkite/Terror Squad Heads order and start haunting the interwebz for secondhand predators. Don't suppose anyone knows if it allows Predators as compulsory troops and how it affects the rest of the FoC?

The style for the Rout looks good, much more Celtic than what GW currently has with 'runes everywhere'. If they start doing bare heads I think I'll stop going to Spellcrow for the War Wyrms and go full-on FW. Also, a question; can someone confirm if this book has updated rules for all the currently-available Legion-exclusive units, or only the ones that have been updated?

As for that knight, the more I see it the more I want it so I can stick tracks on it and call it an Armored Core in faux-Gothic. Not too sure about the Secutarii, since at the moment they don't seem to have any legs. Very glad about the multitude of new ROW's, especially that Armoured Company. Think I might have to ditch the Volkite/Terror Squad Heads order and start haunting the interwebz for secondhand predators. Don't suppose anyone knows if it allows Predators as compulsory troops and how it affects the rest of the FoC?

The Secutarii looks like resin bits added to the plastic skitarii kits.

I'm still hoping for Dorn.

His new rules made him very powerful, and it would be fitting if he was unveiled.

We still have more traitors than loyalists anyway!

Fingers crossed for Leman Russ.

Archived