Due to my dire progress on the hobby front last year (I completed a massive 2 marines, base coated 2 5 man squads and under coated 2 tanks and a sentinel) and having decided that I must complete at least 500 points for each of my 3 main armies (Nurgle Raptors, Rogue Trader's Warband and HH shattered legion) and having already signed up for 2 BnC events.).

Spawn this way:

Chaos Spawn - not a huge amount to show I decided that  as I didn't have  a spawn kit I would build my own based on a unused ogre mournfang.

Rather than go with spikes and tentacles (although there mat be some) I decided on faces and heads so with a quick rummage through the bits box and a small blob of blutack I was left with this as a proof of concept.

Not great I know but just tinkering to see if the idea works, I'm happy with it although I am going to have to sort out some heads and then cut/file them down. 

​Currently filling the huge holes left when I removed the saddle giving squadrons green putty a try managed to get a tube for the princely sum of £1.25.

​Loyalty and Treachery II - Rebuilding the shattered legions:

So far I've pledge a legion praetor with jump pack, heavy chainsword and volkite serpent (one of the mini's I assembled last year)

​Managed to get undercoat and apply base coat yesterday, then disaster struck this morning when my work table collapsed good news for me was that only 1 mini was damaged, bad news it was the praetor left arm has come off but the right shoulder pad has split and the banner snapped off.  So having to replace checked on ebay and managed to find replacement shoulder pad and some other bits so just got to wait for the order to arrive and at least I can keep working on what I have.  Managed to lose all the photos of progress form yesterday but will try and take some more later today.

​Still need to decide what my second two pledges will - definitely looking at some form of infantry not sure probably Mark 3 or 5 see what I have to hand.  The third pledge might be a dread but I really like the Sicaran so there is an outside chance I may chose that instead see how far I get with the Praetor.

Angels Revenant:

These guys have been kicking aroung onmy work table in the current state for far too long.

Wasn't happy with the blue felt it was too bright and not metallic enough so have put them to soak.  In the meantime I am going to start work on a HQ

Aiming for 500 points this year my List so far is

HQ -
Troops - Tactical Squad - 3 Bolt guns, 1 Melta gun, Veteran Sergeant with Combi Melta and CCW, Razorback with Multi Melta & dozer blade = 160 points
Troops -
Elite -
Fast Attack -
Heavy - N/A

current state of my Imperial Fist Praetor - aiming for Templar Brethren style scheme. 

Why is a Fist leading my shattered legions, he has been tasked by Dorn to gather warriors to bring back to Terra - the force will include those still loyal from traitor legions, black shields, loyalist who have got separated from their legions and remnants of the shattered legions plus some mechanium/imperial army.

Archived