1XvEX8r.jpg

Chosen Dieht

v8Do9Dm.jpg

Chosen Rhohash

sHV3POq.jpg

Chosen Zephath

M0OMO9d.jpg

DRb0em4.jpg

I've been working on these guys for a while, but my motivation to finish them didn't really materialize until the news from the weekender began coming in. They are beautiful models, but I just absolutely hated painting them and the Rubric/veterans because of all the trim/filigree on the armor. It was massively tedious, but I think they turned out alright.

The original plan was for these guys to be a Tartaros armored Command Squad, and while they look the part for the new Sekhmet Terminators, I think I'm still going to relegate them to command squad duty, as the Sekhmet cannot make use of the staff/banner or the Reaper Autocannon.

That said, I've very excited to get to work on all of the new Thousand sons releases.

Edited by Athrawes

Absolutely spectacular, but that's what I've come to expect!

And I think they're more suitable as a Command Squad anyway. Can Ahriman take a Terminator Armoured Command Squad?

Sadly no, he can take a command squad, but command squads can only upgrade to terminator armor if their commander has it, at least I think that's the case.

You could always use the force staff to represent the force maul option for the Sekmet. But unfortunately neither heavy weapon made it into the new unit.

Your work has been very inspirational as I have been building my own force.

I may have to borrow your swap for the staff topper from the exalted sorcerer kit.

Edited by BrotherLeonidas

• 2 weeks later...

Had an amazing 30k Apocalypse battle this past weekend, brought out my full force. And seeing as the Stormbird was my man of the match, I thought I'd Take a few pictures of the progress that I have made on it:

jtvFSWE.jpg

3Xd2L7M.jpg

sfwUYzY.jpg

BtQYlUj.jpg

GwlN6av.jpg

6K0LNT9.jpg

BAItcVf.jpg

2tZL1kJ.jpg

She still needs loads of work, cleaning up the Gold lines on the wings, weathering and detail work, but she is slowly getting there.

olOvT68.jpg

tPeAnCb.jpg

Here are a few pics of her from the Apoc game, including my favorite moment of the match, when she landed turn three to allow Magnus, two Sekhmet squads, and a Leviathan to charge into Russ and his Terminators. The Loyalists threw everything they had at her, even a Reaver Titan charging into CC with the Stormbird, but at the end of the turn, she took off with 1 hp remaining and flew around for the rest of the game without taking any more damage, all the while soaking up enemy fire.

eLwLqZh.jpg

Magnus and His Sekhmet were incredible, Tanking both Corax and Russ Simultaneously for a time. 

By the End of the game, Magnus had lost and regenerated 1 wound while Russ had lost 5. The whole game came down to their duel, as both sides were tied at the point, sadly Magnus wasn't able to break the Wolf Kings spine, but he did bring him to his knees.

Edited by Athrawes

Waaaaaiiiiiit a second....

You already got Magnus' 30K incarnation? Did I miss something? Was it obtainable on the HH weekender?

Besides that, great job, mate! Love your army. :D

Why can't GW (or even FW for that matter) release a stormbird in plastic? They do have plastic (Knight) Titans.

The Stormbird is HUGE. Rumours of a plastic Thunderhawk have been floating around for ages, but GW have never done anything that big. Knights are big, but not as big, and their parts are a lot smaller than the bulky wings and body of the Stormbird/Thunderhawk - much easier to do with resin.

@Athrawes - thanks for the inspiration to start Thousand Sons! I was on the fence but seeing your Scarab Occult & Exalted Sorcerers in the red/black scheme shoved me firmly off it. Excellent stuff.

• 8 months later...

All is not yet Dust

I've been absent for a while, but I have been working slowly on completing my Exiles. 

Before I dive in to what I've specifically completed/been working on, I thought I'd share a few pictures of an 8th Edition 40k game I played this past weekend on my Tizca themed table against a beautiful 40k Space Wolves army. It was the first chance I've had in a while to take some pictures of a larger force, so here is 4000 points of 8th edition Thousand Sons, using my 30k era force.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/D7AE7FB1-87F2-405F-B437-5D3D5B27B137.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/E1F6259F-C9E8-43C8-8D5F-15E51F58D9D5.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/D56848E3-D291-4A66-8D9C-F63C66623F7E.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/928DCBB5-8F98-43A0-A384-056158932AEA.jpg

As you can see there are a bunch of things in these photo's that I haven't posted here before, so I'll do a follow up with some better pictures of my new completions, and my current projects.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts and hope you find these pictures as cool as I do.

The Tizca table looks smashing, as does the Stormbird (hadn't realised how big those beasts are...), the red you've got going is just so rich!

Must say you've got a really nice hobby set-up there too.