Ahriman series for Combat Phase podcast spring 2016

veterannoob

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe John French is an employee for GW now and thus can't do interviews to promote his books. For books by these employee authors we seek a fan or fans instead of the author to join the weekly wargaming podcast Combat Phase extensive coverage of all things celebrating BL. :) Recent feedback has asked, no, demanded we cover the Ahriman books.

So I'm looking for a positive fan (no bashing everything rather than just constructively giving good and bad feedback) to join us for a larger episode which will cover this series. Again, if I am missing a work or you have a thought, please share it in this thread. There's the three novels and two short stories ebooks and the one audio drama The First Prince. We could make it longer or a two parter and bring in HH A Thousand Sons and Thief of Revelations. I can think of other appearances but I don't want to spoil anything too much;)

If you are interested, have a referral, or can think of material To cover for this episode your feedback is welcome. It's ok if you haven't listened to the show. There are so casts out now and so little time, so I won't be offended:) Our biggest demand now is the frequent coverage of BL with authors so I am stepping up the pace in 2016 to cover more BL. You can reply below or DM me. I still need to read the second and third book, so I expect to record this show in March.

Thanks and looking forward to your thoughts!

I'm a very positive fan of the series. I've read exile, sorcerer and unchanged. Absolutely amazing. Heck I even messaged John French himself on Facebook saying it was amazing! And he replied! Just having a natter about ahriman and his writing style. He's a great guy. Funny too. I could talk the face of anyone about those books. Yet to read dead oracle and exodus. Haven't read a thousand sons or thief of revelations. I have however read atlas infernal. Containing ahriman versus the harlequins and inquisitor cveak? Something like that. But it was awesome also. I have never actually wanted to read a book more than anything else in the day. Heck, unchanged even managed to tear me away from the missus a few times :p would love to give some input/feedback if you like! No idea what the podcast is though! First time I've been on this part of the forum!

I will be glad to help. I have finished Ahriman: Unchanged two weeks ago and I before that I have read again all the short stories. Along with the first two books past year, I think I have read the complete series. I can provide information as well as insights should you need them. We can do the following, write a series of questions and send them via PM, I will answer them within a day, that I can guarantee, or you can contact me via Skype (send me a PM for the address). If you liked my review of Unburdened I can offer you one for each of the books and the short stories, given time ofc. 

Thanks Diabolist. TheHairySorcerer hit me up already but hasn't done the HH books so I think I could use you both and combine the interviews for even more perspective. I need to read the rest of the series so it won't be until March at the earliest, I know for certain. If you are still interested in 4-5 weeks then please DM me around the end of February for planning purposes. Thanks! :)

I strive to read at least one 40k/AoS book each month and so far I am keeping up with the releases. I am finishing Deathfire and I already have Pharos following up, along with Fyreslayers etc. So in general, yes, I will be able to provide you with information when requested. I am a bit back with the releases several years old but for the material of the past three years I am somehow covered. So, sure, feel free to contact me when you need feedback. I will be glad to help. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, I'm way behind on being too...presumptuous, in my scheduled BL ready time. May have to just interview in few weeks with what I have and guests who have been through the series. That's unfortunate, but realistic. Booo, me.unsure.png

Archived