[WIP]-Salamanders 55th Line Company

Wow, they look hot! ;)

I think the flames look rather good from here :) If I were to make a criticism, I'd say the lava on the base looks a bit smooth. Perhaps some slight "cracks" or bubble marks would make them look better, without drawing the eye too much.

@lord thorn. I see where you are coming from. Practically speaking do you mean adding some "black" or very dark streaks where the lava has solidified?

I was actually thinking of brighter spots, as that deep dark red could very well pass for the slight crust on the surface of lava. A bit of yellow and orange in the red if you see what I mean.

@lord thorn. I see where you are coming from. Practically speaking do you mean adding some "black" or very dark streaks where the lava has solidified?

I was actually thinking of brighter spots, as that deep dark red could very well pass for the slight crust on the surface of lava. A bit of yellow and orange in the red if you see what I mean.
I see what you are getting at, little hot spots. Thanks

I couldn't hold off any longer so I've decided to start a character model, in particular my company champion. He's basically a kit bash of various kits and bits I had lying around. I've got the Vulkan green down on the armour, this now just needs a wash. Also started putting layers of Straken Green down to act as the base for my Drake hide. I'm also going to try a different method than I normally do for painting my flames on the sword, hence the initial Averland Sunset base being laid down Thanks for looking.

gallery_72518_11677_422925.jpg

gallery_72518_11677_69703.jpg

And you remembered to do the fire in the right direction :D

I'd probably give the drake hide on his shoulderpad a slight glaze as you say, because it doesn't stand out much for the moment against the armour: of course, that may be an effect of the lighting, since the cape looks awesome just as it is :)

Also, you have a hair stuck to the legs ;)

Can't wait to see him finished :)

Got this guy finished tonight. I've experimented with my basing method in this guy, is heavily borrowed from a WIP by @Aeternas so I must thank him for the inspiration. Interested on what you guys may think.

gallery_72518_11677_313032.jpg

gallery_72518_11677_80222.jpg

Edited by our_baz

DANG BAZ HE LOOKS EPIC. For Vulkan brother, he seriously looks like a leader. All the flame details are great, and as Pheidias said lots of scalyness! I love how you've painted them, they look stellar.

Look forward, as always, to more! 

Looking over @Pyroclast91 WIP thread and loving the the Dreadvember theme, I took it upon myself to start painting my BoC Comtemptor and another dread. The Comtemptor is further along. So I'll leave it here for my fellow frater to look over. Thanks for looking. Baz

gallery_72518_11677_425407.jpg

I like the yellow arms!! it gives a good variety to the green as always. Unsure about the yellow on the front face-plate section area thing. Might just be me though, I'd be curious to see what the rest of the group thinks. If you were looking for more spaces to get that awesome yellow on the dread, perhaps the tops of the legs? Dunno. 

Keep up the great work baz!! Now I wanna get another dread to paint up...