But this should be good, anyway, since we all know that the VII legion has the coolest Successors msn-wink.gif Love me some Dornian Marines thumbsup.gif

Damn right. Hell, the Celestial Lions are sons of Dorn, so that's a win in a roundabout way. ;)

But this should be good, anyway, since we all know that the VII legion has the coolest Successors msn-wink.gif Love me some Dornian Marines thumbsup.gif

Damn right. Hell, the Celestial Lions are sons of Dorn, so that's a win in a roundabout way. ;)

Roundabout nothing, it was a no lose situation :D

• 4 weeks later...

I confess: I haven't been working on the Celestial Lion I was supposed to. Instead, I've been busy working on a demi-squad of Salamanders. To cut a long story short, it's @Leviathus' fault so all thanks to her for the recipes and encouragement she provided. biggrin.png

Anyway, enough blabber! On with the pictures!

gallery_45765_11772_383271.png

First completed model:

gallery_45765_11772_54409.png

Hidden Content

gallery_45765_11772_88774.png

gallery_45765_11772_237016.png

gallery_45765_11772_98561.png

The model I'm working on now:

gallery_45765_11772_3951.png

I'm very happy with the dark skin on this last one!

Thanks for looking! smile.png

Very pretty Salamanders. Vivid green that's not too light!

Thank you! I look forward to seeing you paint one up!

Love the flame on pauldron and all those small wear&tear touches. Looking good!

Cheers. :) I'm not too happy with the flame but that kind of thing should get better with practice!

Hot stuff, brother. They are really Flaming with glory. I can see they were painted with a Burning pasion. biggrin.png Ba tum tsss

I'll see myself out...

I... Ugh... Yeah. Out. :P

These are looking awesome! You've got the green down and the chipping effect. Now I'm green with envy.

Also, I learned something about Leviathus today.

So did I. I don't browse the forum on a computer enough to notice genders...

ahem...

Salamanders look great, Dos! Green is absolutely perfect! Though I do find it slightly ironic that you didn't stick with the project you started because you couldn't stick to a project ;)

These are looking awesome! You've got the green down and the chipping effect. Now I'm green with envy.

ahem...

Hahaha and I can't be bothered correcting people tongue.png no worries guys, I'm used to it msn-wink.gif

Well, I'm going to repeat myself, but Dos, you did an amazing job! I'm really looking forward seeing the rest completed!

Pushed myself to get Salamander #2 finished (I really need to find some names for them).

gallery_45765_11772_364088.png

gallery_45765_11772_115709.png

Well, he's not 100% done as I still need to add a decal and base him but I'll do that when the whole squad is finished.

​Looking GOOD !!!!! like the Green .

Thank you, dss7!

Cheers hush! As long as you're not Nurgle green, that's fine. If you are, prepare to be purged. :P

ahem...

Salamanders look great, Dos! Green is absolutely perfect! Though I do find it slightly ironic that you didn't stick with the project you started because you couldn't stick to a project msn-wink.gif

Thanks Psycho! And yes, the irony is quite palpable here. I can live with that though. ;)

Brilliant green. Like, wow.

Thank you!

ahem...

Hahaha and I can't be bothered correcting people tongue.png no worries guys, I'm used to it msn-wink.gif

Well, I'm going to repeat myself, but Dos, you did an amazing job! I'm really looking forward seeing the rest completed!

Thanks, Levi! :)

Beautiful work! The skin looks great on the second marine thumbsup.gif

Cheers kizz! Means a lot coming from you. I'm really pleased with the skin tone so I'm glad you like it, too.

Cool man, I like the skin tone due to the brown tone it has rather than the coal black they usually display.

Thank you! Kage mentioned something about not really liking the usual coal black and I can only agree that it doesn't look good. Besides, it was a welcome challenge to paint dark skin. :)

Holy moley Dosjetka, don't change your icon like that! I thought you were Melissia for a second. laugh.png

Lovely Salamanders. And I see you remembered to paint gold on them, unlike me. biggrin.png I wonder how my cataphracti will look with only silver trims...

I think we'd all know if Melissia had returned. :P

No gold on your Salamanders? Well, to be honest I'm trying to keep the amount of gold down to a minimum but I can't imagine Salamanders without at least a bit of gold somehwere! :o

It's not easy being green... cool.png

Nice work Brother!

BSSteine

No, it isn't. ;) Thank you, brother! Still not as good as yours though!

You know... that's a funny looking gold for some Celestial Lions. I know you keep saying 'Salamanders' but I think you're just spelling it wrong. :P

Archived