30k Alpha Legion Army - The WAAAGH Studios

AlexHeap

Thanks! I'm really happy with how the army's coming together.

I've just finished off these guys who I've converted for use as Scouts/ Marines in Carapace Armour:

http://www.thewaaaghstudios.com/images/mekshop/30kalphas/PaintedScoutSquad.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys. You can never go wrong with lots of CHOOM!

Here's my Praetor who will be leading the army:

http://www.thewaaaghstudios.com/images/mekshop/30kalphas/PaintedPraetor.jpg

I'll be using him as Lias Issodon for 40k and the head and right arm are magnetized in case I ever want to use him as Dynat in 30k.

• 3 weeks later...

They didn't have purple armor. They only looked that way on one cover of the early horus heresy books (which also had marines in mark 7 armor... fluff and art was still evolving and being created).

They pretty much have iridescent armor, or blueish green iridescent armor. The metallic blue/green chameleon look is correct with the fluff.

They didn't have purple armor. They only looked that way on one cover of the early horus heresy books (which also had marines in mark 7 armor... fluff and art was still evolving and being created).

They pretty much have iridescent armor, or blueish green iridescent armor. The metallic blue/green chameleon look is correct with the fluff.

Not quite.

The black books go into some depth on how there were like a dozen different armor schemes from iridescent purple and steel to the more common green-blue. It was a decently ingenious way to explain the really inconsistent depictions and descriptions up until that point.

It's weird how you can make it looks so clean and so weathered at the same time.

Great work, Alex.

Quick question. What color do you use for the little line highlights on your black panels?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...