[HH1.0] White Scars Tactica

Ironwithout

Praetor, jetbike, paragon blade, power fists, digital weapons, iron halo

Primus medicae, jetbike, refractor field, power glaive

4 man command squad, combat shields, power axes.

2 units of 6 jetbikes with melta bombs and 2 volkite.

2 lightnings

2 whirlwind scorpius.

Love the list. So much fun

Edited by Ironwithout

So tactica questions. I have a problem with 1 unit. Deredo!

How do you deal with them?

The plasma version is evil against jetbikes and the autocannon one is the same against flyers.

Currently i have 2 whirlwind scorpius 2 lightnings and 18 jetbikes. 6 of which are Praetor and command squad.

Any tips? They are a real pain!

Jink your Meltabikes. A 3+ Save is better than none. They can also Deep Strike with a Multimelta.

Remember that a Dreadnought has an Interceptor fire arc, and as such can be deep struck out of shot. Won't help next turn when it does fire, but you do get a shooting phase, and you can force the unit to pivot opening up its weaker side armour to long range shooting.

A Lightning equipped with Quad Krakens can gib a Deredeo on the turn it arrives.

Standard vehicle rules XD.

As a vehicle, it has a fire arc; when moving you can pivot in any direction, but you still have a firearc, in the same manmer as a Vindicator can only fire forwads with the main gun.

If it was turret mounted (like a Hyperios Missile Launcher on a whirlwind or tarantula) then sure, 360 degree vision, but because its a hull mounted weapon locked to a front arc, it has a 90 degree fov with the midpoint centred on the forward arc; so a 45 degree to either side. :)

So I had a 2000 points ZM game last night. 19 jetbikes was really funny to see on the board. But the reason why I'm posting is I took a 10man plasma support squad which outflanked behind his mechanicum and destroyed 6 Castellax and a Thanater (the big robots?) The combination of the cyber eagle and our rules was brutal. Re re rollin 1's to hit and to wound for the 6inch move.

The castellax had 2 units together in the same section. Plasma squad killed one while my terminators charged the other. Terminators left combat at the end of the turn and then they died to a second round of shooting from the Plasma support squad. My opponent wasn't in a good mood after that. Was I out of line?

Have you guys had much experience in ZM or got any tips or tricks you have worked out?

Edited by Ironwithout

Out of line? You're playing them exactly how you're supposed to.

For ZM, very much the same: Keep it Mobile.

Edited by Slipstreams

Dear god. I always forget about forge lords. 

As an Iron Hand, this offends me.

Hahah. My apologies :P Just never really see forgelords on the table so it never really clicked. 

But I think I might prefer a ForgeLord over a Medicae, only due to close combat benefits. Still sucks that power lances are really kind of non-existant. 

Problem with a Forgelord instead of a Primus is the lack of a decent invun. When you only have combat shields FNP is a real must. You pretty much have to challenge a sargent or character and kill them. Otherwise that power fist or Paragon blade is going to eat Jetbikes. This is actually something im struggling with at the moment.

I think Forgelord in addition to a Primus is cool but thats another expenseive model on a already expensive and overpriced unit.

Ask the Emperors Children how much that comes into play; they've had an Ap 2 on sarges weapon ever since book 1...and well, they aren't literally everywhere so its not as bad as the internet makes it out to be.

Its cool and nice to have but it'll only truly come into play on a character.

Yes but it's still only 4's to hit and 3's to wound with 3 attacks on the charge. If you fluff it thats a lot of points to potentially lose from a Jetbike unit. They are good but you have to be incredibly picky about what you charge. On paper its great but in reality being overconfident in it can bite you in the butt!

In relation to command squads they can't take the glaive so we are still using fists and axes. Praetor is still going to be taking a Paragon Blade so the only characters who will take them is a consul which is 1 maybe 2 characters in an army.

They are a great piece of wargear but honestly they are not anything special on an army wide basis. Cost wise they are generally not worth it in my opinion. Saying that.... every sargent in my army is having one because they look sweet

Edited by Ironwithout

The use that I see is having good odds at winning every challenge you will generally face. If you have a melee unit and are not engaging with targets because you are scared of the power fist/axe sarge, then I think you are using the unit wrong when you have that item as an option.

My comment was more about the jetbikes being scared to charge power fist sargents.

Yes but it's still only 4's to hit and 3's to wound with 3 attacks on the charge. If you fluff it thats a lot of points to potentially lose from a Jetbike unit. They are good but you have to be incredibly picky about what you charge. On paper its great but in reality being overconfident in it can bite you in the butt!

In relation to command squads they can't take the glaive so we are still using fists and axes. Praetor is still going to be taking a Paragon Blade so the only characters who will take them is a consul which is 1 maybe 2 characters in an army.

They are a great piece of wargear but honestly they are not anything special on an army wide basis. Cost wise they are generally not worth it in my opinion. Saying that.... every sargent in my army is having one because they look sweet

Ok thats fair. My experience so far is 3 games with the new rules so obviolsy its not concrete yet. This is my thoughts so far and it may change with more games.

So Jetbike units are not good in combat. They just don't perform that well. With hit and run its worth putting them in to combat to avoid a round of shooting sure. But when you have a sargent in the squad being charged with a power fist you run the risk of not only losing your sargent in a challenge but also a second jetbike (not including the second round of combat you have to survive before you can leave). Now when you think a sargent upgrade with a glaive is 30 points it is just too expensive for what it does. Yes you have good odds of winning the challenge, but what if you don't? Is the potential loss worth the gain? So far over my 3 games I have only had 2 instances that it was worth it. And then 1 of them I only hit once and fluffed my wound role and lost 2 bikes and a 3rd in the next round lol.

People are talking about how over powered this piece of wargear is and some are even saying the Legion is over powered. Honestly its not true. Their are some really hard counters against Jetbike lists and the reality is you have less numbers and have to make hard choices.

The army is strong an fluffy yes but its not easy to play in my opinion. In regards to the glaive yes its great but unless your putting it on cheap units you potentially have a lot to lose if it doesnt go to plan.

I am running the Chogorian Brotherhood RoW so it is mainly bikes.

I kind of agree that it's not great on a Jetbike sergeant, because no cc upgrade is good on a Jetbike sergeant. However on most other units if you would normally take an axe or even a fist it seems like a no brainer.

If it's worked out well 2 out of three games that also statistically suggests it's a decent option to have, but more stats are needed to prove eother way.

Would be interested to see how it works out once you've had more games with them for sure.