The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

All of mine came with the single flame. I didn't even know there was an alternative sad.png I want one now! laugh.png

I don't know if I want the know how much I've given GW since last August, but it's got to be approaching a grand. And I have enough to make a 1500 point list, with a few spare models.

I'm about the same. Started getting into 40k again in December after playing in my younger years at the end of 2nd and start of 3rd. Another sisters player at the club I go to (yes there are 2 of us) asked me how much I'd spent so far. For a 1500 point lists and a few left over models as new is valued at about £500 GBP. A bit closer to £600 now that I've got my dominions and I've still got to pick up another 3 rhinos before I can really use them.

I don't know if I want the know how much I've given GW since last August, but it's got to be approaching a grand. And I have enough to make a 1500 point list, with a few spare models.

I'm about the same. Started getting into 40k again in December after playing in my younger years at the end of 2nd and start of 3rd. Another sisters player at the club I go to (yes there are 2 of us) asked me how much I'd spent so far. For a 1500 point lists and a few left over models as new is valued at about £500 GBP. A bit closer to £600 now that I've got my dominions and I've still got to pick up another 3 rhinos before I can really use them.
Cool! I've only been playing for 2.5 years. I started with Blood Angels(hence my name on the B&C) although I have bought a bunch of 3E books. I enjoy playing 3E, although I don't have many people to play against where I am (regardless of edition)

When I say a grand, I am thinking in USD ($).

Edit: I have between somewhere around 4000 points of BA, but nothing is painted.

Wasnt that how they distinguished between Canoness and Palatine several editions ago?

Pretty much.

You could be right, I never considered that.

I also never considered the Palatine much either, the Canoness always seemed the better deal.

Also because we used to have the brazier of holy fire, which was my upgrade of choice.

I got pretty good at painting fire, both coming off the torch and on the superiors backpack.

I'm fairly certain that my collection is worth at least 50% more than I've paid for it... Some of the deals I've managed to wangle have been crazy.

To Servant of Dante. NEVER, EVER, try to figure out how much you've spent on this hobby, it will only depress you immensely. (Spoken from experience.)

I did it once. It is definitely an exercise in suffering.

To Servant of Dante. NEVER, EVER, try to figure out how much you've spent on this hobby, it will only depress you immensely. (Spoken from experience.)

For me it's a little depressing, but I have my faith in the Emperor! His best soldiers don't come cheap!

But yeah, I've accepted that a large chunk of my disposable income will be going to our overlords in Nottingham for the foreseeable future.

And, I can say that I've supported the SoB line of models in a rather large way over the last year!

For me it's a little depressing, but I have my faith in the Emperor! His best soldiers don't come cheap!

But yeah, I've accepted that a large chunk of my disposable income will be going to our overlords in Nottingham for the foreseeable future.

And, I can say that I've supported the SoB line of models in a rather large way over the last year!

So much truth!

I was the sole reason my old FLGS stocked the Sisters blister packs. I'd drop large portions of my paycheck there instead of online which meant that even at a lower return he made money.

Plus if I paid cash I usually got a 10% discount off my total as it meant he didn't need to pay fees for running my card.

I kind of miss that with my current FLGS but on the otherhand the game support is better here.

Either way the tentative possibility of Sisters "someday" seems to be what kesps kesps from commiting another Army project. I've seen a couple of models in other armies that start to draw me in (for example Sslyth) but I can't seem to fully commit as I'm afraid of starting the project and then Sisters coming out.

I was the sole reason my old FLGS stocked the Sisters blister packs. I'd drop large portions of my paycheck there instead of online which meant that even at a lower return he made money.

Plus if I paid cash I usually got a 10% discount off my total as it meant he didn't need to pay fees for running my card.

I kind of miss that with my current FLGS but on the otherhand the game support is better here.

Either way the tentative possibility of Sisters "someday" seems to be what kesps kesps from commiting another Army project. I've seen a couple of models in other armies that start to draw me in (for example Sslyth) but I can't seem to fully commit as I'm afraid of starting the project and then Sisters coming out.

In my case, I have a Flesh Tearers army,Blood Angels army and a DIY successor not started (properly), A DA successor, Iron Hand successor (reboot) and at least three other Marine armies to get around to, but I have spent four times as much time, money and effort on Sisters and have enjoyed it even more. Why? Because they aren't Marines, they aren't common armies fielded and they're just fun in general. Of course when our time comes, I hope I've won the lottery by then as I'd want to collect the largest Sisters army ever.

FW gave me a reply about the Reign of Blood/Age of Apostasy:

Hi Elizabeth.

Thanks for contacting us. We don't know of any plans for books about these subjects but it certainly would be a cool idea. We will pass on your requests to our book team.

That is probably the best reply we could reasonably hope for. However, an horus heresy or even badab style exploration of the Age of Apostasy could be really really cool. It might also signal further such things in the future (Scouring, Black Crusade, maybe let Forge World advance the timeline rather than GW proper?)

The Bell of Lost Souls should ring in honor of your bank accounts- the sacrifice they makes for the Imperium's glory should not be forgotten.

I spent much money on Sisters years ago and I remember being relatively content with my collection, and optimistically thinking that I'd stop buying models for now as I could wait for the new Sisters range to come out to make the fancier new released models my Celestians to make them stand out from the rank and file...

Of course I'm still waiting :P I'll be raiding the bank account again one day, until then patience is a virtue ;)

To Servant of Dante.  NEVER, EVER, try to figure out how much you've spent on this hobby, it will only depress you immensely.  (Spoken from experience.)

I take a certain pride in that i spend alot of money in the hobby, but than again, i have been at it since i got the 3rd edition started way back in 1997. That was shortly after they invented colours in the real world i think, we were definatly past the stone age.

Archived