+ CXXVI Grand Company - IV Legio Astartes +

med_gallery_41766_11734_438350.png

Making a more comprehensive plog as well as my Age of Darkness one, this one is for pictures and paint techniques, no army lists or musings. Please share all thoughts, comments and criticism. thumbsup.gif

So up first, painted but unbased units. The basing will take an age and is an ambitious project so I'm leaving it til last.

med_gallery_41766_11734_781148.png

Next up is some Breachers, I love the anvil industries shields but I'm trying to either source enough actual Breacher shields or some Ogryn shields and not having much luck.

med_gallery_41766_11734_508915.jpg

Was trying to think what kind of Fast Attack unit would fit in an Iron Warriors force, ultimately decided with Seekers with combi plasma to follow around my Vigilator for HQ slapping.

med_gallery_41766_11734_135289.jpg

And the Vigilator.

med_gallery_41766_11734_56992.jpg

Built some more Termies, had a bunch of Indomitus left over and Cataphractii lightning claws....well, I did it before with a Malevolent, so why not now? Just need shoulder plates and they're ready for painting.

med_gallery_41766_11734_102582.jpg

So my Tyrant Siege Terminators are sitting pretty, but I want them to not only hit hard but I want them hitting harder. So an hour later and the sacrifice of unused models, I have a Siege Breaker to fit their theme.

med_gallery_41766_11734_10488.jpg

So this is the 126th Grand Company which belongs to Trident member Barban Falk. If you're up to scratch on your Iron Warriors fluff; he later becomes The Warsmith who sieges Hyrda Cordatus. I'm using the BaC Praetor as Barban Falk (Erasmus Golg, rules wise) and at a later date I'll be building him post Angel Exterminatus as his daemon infused self. This is the work on his cloak so far, I'm pretty proud of it.

med_gallery_41766_11734_19291.jpg

So, with a bit of cannibalization from some Malevolent's that don't see action anymore I've bulked out the IV. I've currently got around 4.5k points including a Typhon off picture. I'm also considering the Land Raiders I have for my 4 Terminator Squads. They need to get about some how.

med_gallery_41766_11734_148449.jpg

Cheers for looking!

Looking good, the Betrayal at Calth box has to be one of the greatest things GW have released

Just started putting mine together, so I'm going to shamelessly steal some of your builds...

Looking good, the Betrayal at Calth box has to be one of the greatest things GW have released

Just started putting mine together, so I'm going to shamelessly steal some of your builds...

The BaC box set is such a worth while investment. Steal away friend!

Awesome start! Can't have enough of that B@C goodness biggrin.png

Absolutely can't!

Love that gritty iron color in the group shot! What's the recipe? Got any close-up shots?

Sure!

gallery_41766_11734_502797.png

gallery_41766_11734_15593.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_22691.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_131898.png

The armour was built up with lead belcher coats, chainmail dry brushing and then dabbled with oxide and rust colours, before some light washing of nuln oil to give it a burnished patina.

Excellent work, your models look great. Love that breacher squad too smile.png

Thank you Kasen, I really dig your Iron Warriors, very tidy work.

Did a little more converting and cannibalizing.

Two Rhinos for my Tacticals and Seekers.

gallery_41766_11734_1385.jpggallery_41766_11734_34541.jpg

Two Whirlwinds, trying to decide if I could get away with running them as Scorpius or not, if not I'll just get a third for some anti-troop bombardment.

gallery_41766_11734_28863.jpggallery_41766_11734_9235.jpg

I also figured I'd try something different for a change, some Assault Marines for my Iron Warriors. I need a fast moving CC squad for objective clearing. Triple power sword (chain axe thing is going for generic power weapon) squad for choppy choppy. Need to source some more single turbine jet packs.

gallery_41766_11734_182824.jpggallery_41766_11734_78808.jpg

They're in a big mix of Mk IV and VI, essentially my version of MKV, ramshackle and designed for fast movement. The idea is they looted the dead of Istavaan for functional equipment, desiring ever increasing amounts of speed and agility to better clear siege objectives. I also clipped and converted a bunch of Tiggy bolters into a form of SMG bolter rather than straight up pistols.

• 4 weeks later...

Terminator Assault force, got another reaper squad in a power spray bath at the moment.

Erasmus Gold

Siege-breaker

Cataphractii with Lightning Claws (10)

Cataphractii with Reaper Autocannon and Power Fists (5)

Cataphractii with Reaper Autocannon and Power Fists (5)

Cataphractii with Power Fists (5)

Tyrant Siege Terminators with Chain Fists (5)

gallery_41766_11734_36655.jpg

Currently working on these bad boys.

gallery_41766_11734_263491.jpg

Cheers for looking!

BT

• 3 months later...

I'd let you run them as Scorpii.

Regarding the Breacher shields - have you seen this thread? http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/323017-ml-shields-sci-fi-shields-and-symbols/

edit: just noticed you already replied in that thread...Personally think those shields would look awesome on your guys, but your call :)

I'd let you run them as Scorpii.

Regarding the Breacher shields - have you seen this thread? http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/323017-ml-shields-sci-fi-shields-and-symbols/

edit: just noticed you already replied in that thread...Personally think those shields would look awesome on your guys, but your call smile.png

Hey, BCA.

I'm gearing towards getting a 'Raider mounted Terminator force done first as a playable force, gives me time to focus on what I want in the larger scheme. Whirlwinds and Medusae might be in the future.

I've got ten of his breacher shields ready to be mounted onto my ten man squad. I'm hoping I can get them done this summer!

Worked on my Siege Breaker over last weekend, managed to snap some pictures of him. Here's Forrix, in support of the 126th during the Siege of Terra.

gallery_41766_11734_70913.jpg

Iron Within.

gallery_41766_11734_9519.jpg

Iron Without.

gallery_41766_11734_49050.jpg77

Just waiting on some shoulder pads to arrive from FW before I get started on the first Terminators and Breachers.

Thank you for looking,

BT

med_gallery_41766_11734_459310.png

DUDWA ASHLANDS - IMPERIAL FIST FORTRESS

KARNALI MONASTERY

Aikos Mataloi strode through the ranks of support officers mustering before him. He shouldered his way through them, crackling power maul swinging in his clenched fist; a quintet of astartes followed in his wake like sharks, the spiked muzzles of their helms flicking left and right, as if sniffing the air for dissent or cowardice. Aikos crushed a blackened skull beneath his armoured boot as he broke through the waiting soldiers. He was blessed with a view that made him nod his head in respect to the battle raging beyond. A majestic fortress jutted from the Mahabharat mountain range, a thing of curved walls and intersecting kill zones. Mighty guns boomed from its wall tops and from hidden emplacements set into the mountain range. A gigantic black fist on a circlet of yellow was carved into the mountain face and it defied the attackers attempts to take the fortress. Aikos turned his gaze away from the vista and continued on his way. He mounted an erected platform, his boots ringing on the steel boards beneath them. His men waited at the bottom of the platform, a grunt commanding them to stay. Aikos cycled through the alerts and status updates beaming directly into his helm, his visor display an orchestral score of men dying, ordnance depletion and troop disposition. The IVth was dying at those walls, just as they'd died at the walls of the Imperial Palace. The Lord of Iron had cracked those walls and let their howling brethren into the inner walls of the Emperors Holdfast. Now, he'd break open the Imperial Fist's bastion and destroy all trace of their existence.

Aikos came to the top of the stairwell and onto a heavy duty catwalk where clusters of adjutants and officers mobbed monitors and whirring machines. Stood surveying the assault was the Tyrant himself. The Logos buzzed and hummed the closer Aikos came to his master. Two towering robotic monsters turned to regard Aikos and he could feel their augury arrays scanning him. He could also feel their shoulder mounted bolt cannons tracking him. It made his skin itch. Perturabo didn't even glance in his direction when he dismissed the Dominar Ferrum guardians. Aikos stepped up beside his master and his voice crackled through his vox grille.

++Master++

The Lord of Iron continued to work on whatever tactical readout his suit was displaying him, his giant armoured fingers twitching. The voice that came from the Tyrant wasn't what one would expect, especially from a Primarch. Most of his brothers were full of proud pronunciation or bellowing belligerence. Perturabo spoke with a calm, almost whispered pragmatism. If one word could be used to describe his voice, that word would be cold. The Primarch beamed a set of orders into Aikos' helm and the Iron Warriors eyes widened as he saw them scroll across his hud.

"Mataloi. The 102nd and the 45th Peracloi require assistance, relay to Falk he is to advance the 126th and take those walls."

Aikos slammed his gauntlet against his breast plate and turned on his heel, striding from the command post. He took the steps down three at a time, his twin hearts racing. They had been tasked with bolstering the frontal assault. He practically ran through his own men as he splashed into the thick ash-mud the Legion was stationed in; his men hurriedly falling in behind him, the whine of their volkite carbines splitting the air. Aikos rapidly siphoned through vox channels and dismissed or accepted request for aid or resupply. He cleared his throat once, the antennae on his power pack extending with a metallic burr.

++Mataloi, to Command. Mataloi to Command. Apollumi, I repeat Apollumi. We are go.++

His entourage shouldered a path for him through the rival companies support officers and he couldn't help but laugh at their annoyance and disappointment. His personal transport arrived precisely on time and the up armoured side hatch of the Proteus slammed down. He ascended, his squad filing in behind him. The hatch resealed, blocking out the thunderous boom of the battle beyond. The cabin was bathed in red light and the only sound was the tinkering of his cognis arrays. Aikos dropped himself into the battered and worn grav harness before the central array and removed his helmet. The hiss of pressure blew out and he let the cool cycled air of the tank down into his lungs with a deep breath. He unceremoniously dumped his MKIII helm onto a data bank to his left, the dull reflective red lenses shimmering green from the array's screen. Aikos began to tap at various runes and punch in command codes. He put his finger tip to the screen and dragged a broad red circle over a cross section on the fortress walls. A point of the bastions star shaped defenses. He opened two vox channels and growled into the first.

"Mataloi to the Warsmith, the Dollos Kraken is in position, commencing bombardment on your order."

He waited, biting down the slick of bile that had begun to rise in his throat. He loathed verbally communicating with Falk. Ever since Amon ny-shak Kaelis where the First Captain had let the daemon into him. He could feel the thing inside warping his voice, could feel its icy words slither around his skull as he listened to his commanders voice. It was wrong, but he wasn't to question the choices of his superior officers, only report them to the supreme master. The vox chimed a response and Aikos tapped the receiving key.

++ Warsmith to Mataloi, the Dollos Kraken may commence bombardment. ++

Aikos twitched his head to the side as the words seemed to ooze out of his terminal, his lips curling to the left. He hurriedly switched vox channels.

"Mataloi to Prokofiev, I have beamed firing solutions to you. You may fire when ready."

He received an affirmative from the Dollos Kraken, the 126th's destroyer in orbit and he leaned back in his grav-harness. He counted the seconds as they ticked by and got to the count of ten before the tanks camera feeds white washed with discharge static. He watched the lance beam hit on his tactical field display and a section of the fortress blinked out of existence. He allowed a small smirk to ghost across his face as his men cheered behind him. It wasn't raucous shouting but brief congratulations and affirmations directed at him. He waved his hand in acknowledgement. The vox chimed and he flicked channels. The voice drifted through the iron grill speaker before him and he swore he could have seen a spark of purple energy in the circuitry.

++ Warsmith to Mataloi, very clean. You have my thanks, you may give orders to the ground batteries. Excellent work, Master of my Signal ++

Aikos dialed in a third vox line and began to send high speed data bursts down it, his fingers dancing like some mad composer across the runes before him. He even allowed himself to tap his foot along with the rhythm of tapping and clicking coming from the machines around him as he orchestrated the war.

~~~

As the Master of Signals conducted his operations, Sergeant Casulek of his personal guard accepted orders sent to him on an encrypted and secure vox channel. His cold grey eyes watched Aikos from behind the curved red lenses of his corvus helm. The cold, calculated voice that rang in his ear piece wasn't from Mataloi. Casulek regarded Aikos as he worked and the Sergeant checked the power pack on his volkite carbine. He glanced at the men to his left and right as they checked their own equipment. Casulek ran a finger across the trigger guard before placing the weapon in his lap. The tank ground its way down the ash plains towards the front as the 126th mobilized.

++ Your will be done, my master ++

Casulek never took his gaze from Aikos, nor his hand from his weapon.

I began working on some troop sections for my forces tonight. I received my order of shoulder pads, so the first 5 terminators are ready for completion and the volkite combat squad and breacher squad are ready to be sprayed tomorrow.

gallery_41766_11734_14245.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_22318.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_11025.jpg

As always, thank you for looking.

Comments are welcome smile.png

BT

First trooper of the 126th is completed. The terminators of this company will be a mix of Converted Indomitus or Olympian pattern for the sake of fluff ease and Cataphractii.

gallery_41766_11734_43000.jpg

And a family photo of what has been completed so far.

med_gallery_41766_11734_82264.jpg

The Warsmith Barban Falk. Siege Breaker Forrix. Terminator. Contemptor Falx in the Hades Thorax.

Thank you for looking.

Cheers,

BT

Aikos Mataloi - Master of Signal, Head of the Nomos

CXXVI Grand Company

IV Legion

The Proteus ground to a halt, the climax of its journey taking it right to the breached walls of the Imperial Fist bastion. Aikos snatched up his helmet and let the haptic feeds plug into his skull. He grunted as the influx of data made his vision swim for a moment. The streams of data focused and began to scroll along the left hand side of his vision. A rainfall of statistics and death. He resumed checking off vital orders that had been backing up and reached for his maul. Something in the order log made him stop. His iron shod fingers outstretched, barely brushing the brutish handle of his power weapon. He willed the feed to reverse, blink clicking the data spool. He isolated the issue and his lips pursed into a hard line. Someone had deleted a vox transcript from his data logs. Only one person had the authority to do that, only one person could do that.

++Dismount ++

He growled to his men. Their black armour washed with green edging in the interior of the tank. They rose up, trudging down the central aisle and the lead trooper punched the door release. The rear ramp slammed down and they filed out, the flash of ordnance stark against their red helms and steel trim. Aikos took his place at the rear, his brain frantically siphoning encryption codes and smashing aside fire walls. It was tough. Almost too much in such a short space of time but he hadn't remained in his position for being merely a smart officer. He was a clever one.

There. He had almost missed it, so perfectly deleted had the data trail been. The only issue with it was that the recipient of the transmission hadn't wiped the time stamp from their suits vox recorder. As he memorized it, the data vanished. Smart, but too late. Aikos knew who had received the message and where it had come from and there wasn't a chance in the Eye that he'd find himself on the end of whatever plan was hatching. He'd cut the head off that beast, quick. He left his maul in the thick iron ring it hung from on his hip and instead removed something from beneath his power pack.

The Nomos had spread out into their customary V formation around the rear of the tank in preparation for him. Sergeant Casulek casually flicked his weapon primer and began to open a closed link to his men. A flash of brilliantly stark red slammed into the side of his helmet, blowing out his optics and vaporizing the flesh within. Casulek slammed into the ash mud at the foot of his men, cindered flesh and sizzling ooze bubbled from the ruin of his helm. Aikos strolled down the ramp, venting the hissing volkite charger in his hand, the glow of its coils menacing. He looked at each of his men, pointedly.

++ Any questions? No? Good. Move. ++

gallery_41766_11734_6722.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_3169.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_9665.jpg

Thank you for looking!

BT

med_gallery_41766_11734_15174.jpg

CXXVI Grand Company

IV Legion

Aikos came to stand beside his war leader; the possessed mad man in command of the 126th. The Master of Signal felt small and weak as the Warsmith's shadow passed over him and those cold, purple eyes fixed upon him. Beneath his bronze face plate, he began to sweat. Falk's blood thick fingers clenched and relaxed repeatedly, still thrust into the wrecked helmet of an Imperial Fist officer. The daemon danced behind his leader's gaze and he suppressed a disgusted shudder. The Nomos filed in to stand behind their commander, volkite weapons purring softly, dangerously. Aikos could do it. Right now. He could undo this corruption and lead the 126th to better, more honourable, stations. However, he quickly changed his mind as Barban Falk's most loyal ally crunched up the mound of dead warriors, both Iron and Gold. The commander of the illustrious 1st company came to stand by his fellow officers, nodding to Falk but not even acknowledging Aikos. Mataloi narrowed his eyes within his helm and the faintest growl escaped his lips, barely loud enough to emit from his vox grille. Forrix seemed to notice nothing, yet Falk's eyes flickered back to Aikos, seeming to pierce right through the curved red lenses of his communications helm. For a moment, he questioned if he'd made the right decision in not ordering the Nomos to execute their company commander. For a moment, he doubted his place at the side of Falk and what the future may bring him. He looked away from the Warsmith's as they began to converse and logged an internal memo.

++ Query: Rotation to Berossus or Toramino command. Complete unit outfit transferal. Falk unfit to command competently. Question of integrity and duty. For your consideration, Master. Ident 00126/MSAM ++

med_gallery_41766_11734_143253.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_8281.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_20454.jpg

Tetrach Forrix - Allied to the CXXVI from the I Grand Company

Tetrach Barban "The Warsmith" Falk - Master of the CXXVI Grand Company

CXXVI Grand Company

IV Legion

med_gallery_41766_11734_344748.jpg

Thank you for looking

BT

gallery_41766_11734_14056.jpg

Primary of Marauder Squadron; Thelios 1-1 smashed his way through the doorway, blood dribbling between his clenched teeth. His combi-bolter barked, hosing the communications room with fragmenting death. The crackling energy fist on his left hand flexed, flashes of electricity discharge scorching the walls. He rose up before the human serfs like an avenging god, his face up lit by the terrible display of power. Assault Leader Thelios slammed his fist into the man before him, punching the officer into the data banks he cowered at. Bolter rounds impacted against his wide shoulder plates, sending ricochet pinging in all directions. Thelios lifted his eyes and zero'd onto two Astartes of the Imperial Fists firing in his direction from across the control center. He growled into his vox bead, his bionic eye whirring as it focused on the enemy combatants.

++ Marauder 1-2, get in here and kill these dogs ++

Thelios received an affirmative ping on the vox and shouldered his way between cogitator stacks, lashing out at terrified humans as he did so. Stepping through the entrance to take his place was Marauder 1-2, or Chezak, to his squad mates. The heavily modified war plate of the 126th Assault Units was of brutal design. The heavy caliber assault cannon that Chezak carried was also meant for one thing. The utter destruction of his enemies. His visor mounted target finder singled out the enemy Astartes. Their outlines flaring white hot on his HUD. Chezak squeezed the trigger of his weapon and filled the room with thunder. Harsh bangs filled the enclosed space as he stitched punishing automatic fire across the far side of the room, destroying men and machine alike. Both Imperial Fists went down. The first burst open in the opening salvo, the second tried to roll for cover but was too slow, his bottom half blowing out under Chezak's fusillade. The veteran ceased fire; the clank of thick brass shells rolling across the decking mixed with the sparks and crackles erupting throughout the bunker.

++ Marauder 1-1, Targets Neutralized ++

Thelios grunted acknowledgement and opened a bead.

++ Marauder 1-1 to Command, OpCom 22 secured, relay signal affirmative to Jackal 4-1 ++

gallery_41766_11734_70789.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_559715.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_139217.jpg

Here we have the continued work on my primary troop choices. A heavily modified terminator squad (Marauder) and a MK4 Breacher unit (Jackal) outfitted for anti infantry/light armour rolls.

Thank you for looking, C&C appreciated.

BT

Aikos looks like a beast! Love how the weathering brings it all together.

Those shields are pretty gnarly! Where did you get them? smile.png

Thank you MagicMan, I'm not even going to pretend these guys are anything but dirty. I also scored some Iron Hands Tacticals to convert to be the Nomos (Field Police) that follow him around.

The shields are from this guys page on FB, I'm very pleased with the quality of them and can't wait to begin working on them properly.

gallery_41766_11734_14056.jpg

DUDWA ASHLANDS - IMPERIAL FIST FORTRESS

KARNALI MONASTERY

Vox Traffic Recording from Artillery Section 7 - Platform 1

GC - Kobol and SD - Kobol

++ K-1! You taken the shot yet? ++

++ Neg, K-2. Realigning gun ++

++ Aff, K-1, it's just these corpses are piling up, already down three belts ++

++ K-2, they're only human. When you run out, just punch them ++

++ (Weapons fire)--ck you, K-1 ++

= Heavy audio distortion =

++ K-1...you going to fire that gun or what! ++

++ K-1 to Section ComOps, target neutralized, requesting Medicae to S7/P1 ++

++ K-1 HAVE YOU FIRED THE BLOODY GUN? ++

med_gallery_41766_11734_224164.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_7992.jpg

med_gallery_41766_11734_118559.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_27756.jpg

Kobol 1 and Kobol 2 are the crew for my Medusa Siege Gun.

K-1 is the pintle bolter and specific upgrades.

K-2 is the coaxial heavy bolter.

Thank you for looking!

BT

Archived