++ Nemac's XVII Legion - Word Bearers++

Nemac Vradon

Thanks mate, I will probably work on the other dude over the weekend. I have one heavy bolter guy to finish also and the second Tactical Squad is complete. That Skarr Bloodwrath  model worked really well for Gal Vorbak conversions :D

Nemac

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so a fair few weeks without an update and I won't bore anyone with why. I was going to vow Zardu Layak for the ETL but unforeseen circumstances meant I needed something to pass the time. I am fairly pleased with how they turned out.

SAM_0646.JPG

SAM_0648.JPG

SAM_0649.JPG

SAM_0650.JPG

I am working on the last of my Gal Vorbak to bring the unit to seven strong. just a few minor details to finish and he will be ready for his photo opportunity biggrin.png .

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Thanks Raz!

I have noticed that yet again I missed a step and haven't added the blood to the mutations on the first Blood Slave so I'll fix that and get another picture up. They were so much fun to paint though.

Nemac

@Bladewolf - Yea lol, I bet he walks with a bit a swagger tongue.png

So I have finished the second Tactical Squad, It was actually last week but I hadn't realised that I didn't upload any pictures of them. This lot took a little longer than normal but I feel painting the same colour over and over can drain me a little. Zardu was a good break from the monotony though.

Anyway...

SAM_0653.JPG

C&C welcome as always.

I am also working on a 40k version of this force which would mean I can switch out the Tactical Squads and Zardu for Chaos Space Marine Squads and a Dark Apostle and then use the rest of the army including the Gal Vorbak as standard possessed in 40k games. I don't play tournament games so the base size on the Gal Vorbak shouldn't be an issue.

If a mod could move this thread to the Works In Progress forum that would be a great help. Than I can upload pictures of my 40k Word Bearers into this thread aswell and save making a whole new one.

Thanks

Nemac

Don't worry Bladewolf the Mhara Gal is currently in the post :). There is also another squad of Gal Vorbak under way but they are currently being converted soI dont have two models that look the same! I also have a Vindicator that I'll add to this army at some point :)

Nemac

more gal vorbak ! More Tanks ! THE POSSESSED DREADNOUGHT

GIANT PILES OF WARP COCAINE I mean ..... faith.... dust?

This is how I imagine the debauchery of the emperors children...

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks with no update but I have this morning started work on my display board. I've used the two parts of the Sanctum Imperialis that came with my copy of the Renegade Knights game but they will be removable so that I can still play the scenarios that came with it.

Only one part is pictured as the other part isn't quite finished yet. It still needs the bottom edges muddying up and the interior needs the details painted but I should be able to get a picture of it at some point.

Of course the Litany of Destruction had to take pride of place!

SAM_0710.JPG

I wanted it to look like my Word Bearers are working there way through a ruined city on the hunt for more of those damned Ultramarines!

What I may do is make a rocky platform out of polystyrene so that the Knight is more elevated and had a better position on the board. The blade slave at the back marks where the second piece of the Sanctum Imperialis finishes and that piece is two stories so has space for Zardu to peer down on his minions.

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

As always, its looking good!!!

You'll have to show my your palette for the scenery as you know I have quite a bit to do in time, and if I can match that scheme then we can combine pieces on any given game and it'll all look uniformed!!!

awaiting the next installment!!! msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!

@God-Potato - Thank you sir, they are great fun to paint :)

@Raz - Yea for sure, It's actually really simple. Just prime black and dry brush first with Dawnstone and then Administratum Grey. Paint all the silver areas in Leadbelcher, wash with Nuln Oil, and dry brush with Runefang Steel. Gold is Balthazar Gold, Auric Armour Gold, Highlight with Runefang Steel and then was with Seraphim Sepia. Then I create drips and stains on the walls using Typhus Corrosion and finally do the bottom edges with Stirland Mud and dry brush with Syvaneth Bark :tu:

@misterkho - I will look at picking some up in the future but I really dislike the helmets so I may have to consider cutting them out to replace with the plastic helmets from BaC, but definitely will add some at some point :)

Nemac

So some bad news regarding the Mhara Gal. Unfortunately it has been lost in the post on it's way to me so I guess I'll have to find another one on eBay :(. On a more positive note, I think I will get a bigger black board to use for my display. Getting the knight to fit with the two parts of scenery and all my Gal Vorbak is very difficult with a 18' wide board.

Off to the hobby shop!

Nemac

I have done some more work on the Mhara Gal, this time on the carapace. I'm fairly happy with how it's progressing, there is just so much detail that I keep missing bits and have to go back :(. Still here is a much better picture then the last of where I'm currently at.

SAM_0714.JPG

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

Thanks DarkApostle, Glad you like the red, It is the most time consuming part :D

Here is a WIP of the back of the Mhara Gal and also with the right leg done. I love it when I get to paint a new model for the first time. It really makes the process much more enjoyable :tu:

SAM_0719.JPG  SAM_0720.JPG

C&C welcome as always :)

Nemac

Archived