++ Nemac's XVII Legion - Word Bearers++

Nemac Vradon

Thanks guys!

DA - Thanks very much, It took me so long to get that picture right and now I realise I didn't add in my Legion Heavy Support unit sad.png. Still only four more marines and then I'm on to the fun things like Cataphractii and Kurtha Sedd!

Nemac

Thanks Guys! We don't need to learn lessons Jud, we have faith :P

Anywho here are the pictures of the Dark Martyr :)

SAM_0861.JPG

SAM_0862.JPG  SAM_0863.JPG

Some parts of the plastic possessed kit have been very useful for my Gal Vorbak. They definitely helped with making each model a little more individual. The hand on the Martyr is from a Space Hulk Genestealer I had laying around.

And the whole gang...

SAM_0870.JPG

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Thanks dude, the worst part was removing the scrolls from the crotch to add the the tabard in it's place. I am happy with him though now that he has the new head. Something didn't sit right with the old head I had used a few pages back.

Slowly plugging away on the last four marines before I can continue with Gal Vorbak and Cataphractii. I finished one guy then somehow managed to chip away some of the paint which I wasn't pleased about but has now been fixed. Cataphractii Sergeant is done though and I'll have a picture of my latest reclamation project up soon.

Nemac

I have finished my first Cataphractii Terminator, the Sergeant. He has taken a while, the person I bought the models from hadn't shaken the primer before use I guess because it just kept on coming away from the model. I had to strip the primer off and redo it. Here he is...

SAM_0886.JPG

Thoughts are always welcome.

Nemac

Thanks teutonicavenger :tu: The head on that model is actually a separate part so no it wasn't :P. The tabard and the talons on the backpack were the more difficult parts but all in all it is a very simple conversion. the model normally has scrolls hanging from the centre where the tabard is so cutting those away was a little nerve racking.

Nemac

Kurtha Sedd folks!

SAM_0907.JPG SAM_0900.JPG SAM_0905.JPG

I wanted him to look as much like the GW version as possible but obviously using the red recipe of my other models. I had originally done the cloak black but decided the green colour was much better and had to run out to grab some more colours. I had to swap the head for one of the Betrayal at Calth sergeants because it was a little bit too damaged to rescue but I don't think it really makes much difference.

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Thanks for the comments guys :). I am pleased you like him. The cloak was:

Base of Incubi Darkness

Washed with Nuln Oil

Incubi Darkness again, leaving the wash in the recesses

Kabalite Green for the first highlight

Finally Sybarite Green for the second highlight

For some reason I wasn't really looking forward to painting this model but after I got started, It was difficult to stop (was nearly late for work twice :O).

Nemac

I have been fiddling around with Pixlr (which in my opinion is awesome by the way) and have come up with a new method for my photos. let me know what you guys and girls think because I think this is how I will be editined them from now on :D

SAM_0907.JPG

SAM_0924.JPG

SAM_0870.JPG

SAM_0911.JPG

SAM_0912.JPG

SAM_0915.JPG

SAM_0919.JPG

SAM_0922.JPG

SAM_0929.JPG

SAM_0920.JPG

SAM_0932.JPG

I will of course add the photos without the filters so you can all get a better feel for how the models are looking but I just really like how they look in these photos :tu:

C&C welcome.

Nemac

So, I have been working on my Cataphractii Terminators and the Steloc Aetheon model from BaC. Three of them are finished but the picture shows the barrels of the guns haven't been drilled out but I assure you when the next photo of the finished squad is ready they will have all been drilled. I keep making this mistake of forgetting to drill the barrels before I start painting, something to work on I guess dry.png

Steloc Aetheon WIP

SAM_0948.JPG

Last two Cataphractii WIP

SAM_0949.JPG

The model on the left is mostly finished bar the eyes and the base (and those damned gun barrels).

Finished Terminators again bar the gun barrels

SAM_0951.JPG

And with my favourite filter :D

SAM_0951_Edited.jpg

C&C welcome as always :tu:

Nemac

Thanks mate. A little more progress on the Steloc model:

SAM_0954.JPG

Hope to get all the second layers added later today or tomorrow morning, time permitting and hopefully he should be done by tomorrow afternoon. After that its on final Cataphractii and then maybe 3 more Gal Vorbak or I may do another tank. Undecided but I'll probably go with the Vindicator to break things up a little bit.

Nemac

Archived