Adeptus Mechanicus/Skitarii/Imperial Knights books

Seneschal

Ave

I am planning an Imperial Knight army aligned with the Mechanicus and I would like to read more about the lore of the factions involved. Can you please provide me with the titles of the Black Library books which deal with the following factions, either as actors or as important side characters. 

The factions of interest are the following:

• Imperial Knights
  • Adeptus Mechanicus
  • Skitarii

I have already read the Forge World books up to Retribution and the codexes of the said factions. I am looking for works of fiction or books which write about the battles of the Mechanicus. 

Thanks

For a 30k look on the Mechanicus, Mechanicum by Graham McNeill. 

From 40k books, Titanicus by Abnett (Mechanicus/Titans/Skitarii), Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars trilogy by McNeill (Mechanicus/Skitarii), Knights of the Imperium by McNeill (Knights, feudal-esque Ad Mech), Skitarius by Rob Sanders (Skitarii, Mechanicus), Tech-Priest by Sanders (Skitarii, Mechanicus) are probably at the top.

A bunch of Mechanicus/Skitarii shorts, too, as part of the Adeptus Mechanicus umbrella, some written by Sanders others by Guymer and Werner etc etc. Probably all collected in the anthology The Omnissiah's Chosen

I'd highly recommend Peter Fehervari's short story "Vanguard", which is collected with the other release window short stories in The Omnissiah's Chosen http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-omnissiahs-chosen-ebook.html

One of the included stories, Clade, is set between Rob Sanders' duology, Skitarius and Tech-Priest. The two (probably with the short story included) will be out in print later this year.

Graham's Of Mars trilogy should be getting an omnibus edition in the not so far future as well

Awesome, thanks for the titles frater. It seems I have a long to-read list when comes to the Mechanicus. I hope some of those books will give me ideas for a DIY Knight House and Skitarii Maniple. 

What I like of the Mechanicus is that they are a nigh separate empire and reading about them feels much different than reading about the usual marine battles. We still peak of posthuman warriors, cyborgs even, who think and act in a very different way from say a human warrior or an astartes commander. 

Any more books to suggest?

Mechanicus and Titanicus were amazing reads.  After reading Mechanicus it's hard for me to not build my two knights as House Taranis with how well they were played out.  

Thanks all for the other suggestions.

So to compile a list:

- Mechanicus

- Titanicus

- Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars

- Knights of the Imperium

- Skitarius

- Tech-Priest 

- The Omnissiah's Chosen

Are there more titles to add to the list?

I think that covers the majority - I'd certainly very highly recommend the Of Mars series by McNeill, and both Sanders' Skitarius and Tech-Priest - they're two of my favourite books in recent time for their portrayal of the Mechanicus. 

There are a few other eShorts, but I've not read those - so someone else may be better placed to comment!

For Knights specifically, The Devine Adoratrice and Vengeful Spirit in the Horus Heresy. There's also some Knights stuff in Damocles, the Space Marine Battles anthology, but a bunch of it is handled by Phil Kelly, whose novella almost had me delete the ebook and miss out on the better stories following it.

So to compile a list:

- Mechanicus

- Titanicus

- Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars

- Knights of the Imperium

- Skitarius

- Tech-Priest 

- The Omnissiah's Chosen

Are there more titles to add to the list?

Titannicus seems to be out of print. Note that the two Rob sanders stories are coming out in a collection in June.

Archived