Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

That is so awful. I went to a few threads and now understand why it is called whineseer....they talk about everything what is going wrong with the hobby...maybe we should have started the thread with: "why gw's primarchs have to be replaced - A solution"

I even found Athrawes thread there and there were some kinda rude.

So what about posting here?

Otherwise let us try a big one again. Dakkadakka seems nice.

*shrugs* It happens.

Anyway, I thought we were targeting the smaller sites and then the big ones?

@drakzilla both good ideas I've not heard mentioned before.

And with any forum site whether it be WiP or DakkaDakka I think it might be an approachable idea to talk to Administration first as we represent not a single person but a good sized group and I see this gaining interest in the DIY community, instead one post in a smaller subforum but one in a very heavy traffic area. As even though this might ultimately be of interest to 1 of 1000 gamers that's still 10 or 15 new people and resources into our community.

I'll be starting up an artwork thread in the WIP section once I start working on my next piece, and hopefully that'll add some visibility among that crowd.

Speaking of which, since K'awil is nearing completion, which Primarch should I do next? Is there any particular order I should go in?

Have you considered putting out the ad on DeviantArt or the 40k subreddit?

Didn't think of those. Reddit, I get, but how do you put an ad out on DeviantArt?

I'll be starting up an artwork thread in the WIP section once I start working on my next piece, and hopefully that'll add some visibility among that crowd.

Speaking of which, since K'awil is nearing completion, which Primarch should I do next? Is there any particular order I should go in?

The Iron Bears are the next ones closes to completion, so, it's Daer'dd's turn. Followed by Koschei, Pionus, Morro, and then Icarion. 

List of targets (vaguely from biggest to smallest)

40k subreddit

Deviantart

natfka blogspot

Bell of Lost Soul

dakkadakka

heresy-online

Librarium

Heresy30k

Works in Progress

Someone may have and I just missed it but what about signature banners?

I have no idea what is involved in making them.

Someone did suggest it, but I don't know how to make them. 

Athrawes might. I'll PM him about it.

EDIT: As far as the list, Redd, do you have a profile on the WIP board?

To me it would make sense to have the symbols for the Loyalists and the Insurrectionists on there (perhaps at opposite ends of the banner). Then maybe have the symbol for the Reformists smaller on the side of the Insurrection symbol to show their initial alignment with the Icarion?

Either that or maybe headshots of Icarion and Alexandros facing each other from opposite ends of the banner? Not sure what else should go in it though.

How about different banner designs? One for the insurrectionts, one for the democrats and one for the loyalists? Maybe one for the admech etc too. So we could increase interest as people tend to click something new and so they would click on the different banners and always land here.

@Simison, If I do I don't remember it, I've only ever lurked their for inspiration.

Okay. Would you like to make contact or have someone else do it?

I'd be fine doing it, am I contacting admin first or just posting our ad in general there?

Archived