ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

Five days until kick off!

Any questions, get them out of the way now. Any undercoating/basing, get them out of the way now. Any magnetisation, get them out of the way now (and pledge the priciest option!)

A few questions, help appreciated.

I kitbashed a captain last night and used up a lot of my remaining 'fancy' bits. Can I claim Artificier Armour as an upgrade to the captain? I am attempting to show more ornate armoring than the normal marine panoply.

Relatedly, I have magnetized this miniature's arms and backpack. Can I model him as Thunderhammer/Power fist for ETL, or am I overstepping the spirit of the competition? I understand already that I cannot claim *all* of the weapon choices I have prepared.

Lastly, are faction-specific upgrades permitted for ETL? Is Fury of Baal permitted, as an example? I have a few versions of plasma pistols I could use if I wanted to model an ancient pistol of particular 'hotness.'

Thanks for the answers!

I kitbashed a captain last night and used up a lot of my remaining 'fancy' bits. Can I claim Artificier Armour as an upgrade to the captain? I am attempting to show more ornate armoring than the normal marine panoply.

Relatedly, I have magnetized this miniature's arms and backpack. Can I model him as Thunderhammer/Power fist for ETL, or am I overstepping the spirit of the competition? I understand already that I cannot claim *all* of the weapon choices I have prepared.

Lastly, are faction-specific upgrades permitted for ETL? Is Fury of Baal permitted, as an example? I have a few versions of plasma pistols I could use if I wanted to model an ancient pistol of particular 'hotness.'

Thanks for the answers!

The ETL does reward effort put into models in that regard. If you've converted something as Artificer Armour and it's more than simply a SG chest, then I'm certain Semper will permit it. I should point out that a picture speaks a thousand words ;)

When magnetising you need to commit to a legal load out for the ETL. There's nothing wrong with opting for the most expensive option, especially if you're painting them already.

As for Fury of Baal, etc, they are permitted but with no official model available you need to somehow model it apart from a plasma pistol - just like you did with Artificer Armour.

Thanks for the answers!

On the armour the answer is yes. If you put the effort to convert /kit bash then it's not only fine, it's welcome!

On the load-out, you have to pledge a single configuration that is also game legal. Some count-as can be utilized in order to accommodate your modeling but you wil not be able to claim points from equipment that is not legit. Now obviously an ornately painted or converted plasma pistol can be a perfect representation of the Fury of Baal.

As Jolemai said above, if you put in the effort, you can claim the points. :)

Hey sorry I'm posting from my phone and don't know how to upload pictures from the mobile site, but would someone be willing to look at my successor thread and see if the pics I've posted there are good enough for the ETL? Also would the paint job on the scouts/DC guy be acceptable for a finished vow?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321752-the-blood-revenants-successor-chapter-wip/page-4?do=findComment&comment=4389951

Thank you!

Hey sorry I'm posting from my phone and don't know how to upload pictures from the mobile site, but would someone be willing to look at my successor thread and see if the pics I've posted there are good enough for the ETL? Also would the paint job on the scouts/DC guy be acceptable for a finished vow?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321752-the-blood-revenants-successor-chapter-wip/page-4?do=findComment&comment=4389951

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean with good enough... You mean preparation stage? 

As for completed minis, given the diversity of skill levels, the only person who can say if they are done is you. The only requirement is for the minis to be completed to the best of your ability. :)

Can I have the link to a post/guide on how to upload photos please.

Semper I have a librarian base coated black with his robe having already received one layer of red would this be acceptable to vow. (Old mini started ages ago)

Semper I have a librarian base coated black with his robe having already received one layer of red would this be acceptable to vow. (Old mini started ages ago)

The way i've uploaded pics was going to my profile gallery. I think i had to create a gallery at first (just make a name for it really) and then you upload pics to that gallery. After the pics are uploaded to the gallery, when you post, you click on the "My Media" icon (to the right of the font/size and smiley) and you should be able to see the gallery images there and post them. Hope this helps!

Do models have to be based to count as done? I have yet to even start playing around with basing.

It's not compulsory as the competition doesn't wish to exclude those who are in your position. However, for those of us who base as matter of course, it is expected as per the spirit of the ETL.

Below is a link to last year's rules and whilst there will be tweaks this year, yhr fundamentals remain the same:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306909-e-tenebrae-lux-iv/?p=4025486&do=findComment&comment=4025486

The way i've uploaded pics was going to my profile gallery. I think i had to create a gallery at first (just make a name for it really) and then you upload pics to that gallery. After the pics are uploaded to the gallery, when you post, you click on the "My Media" icon (to the right of the font/size and smiley) and you should be able to see the gallery images there and post them. Hope this helps!

To add to this, if you are a mobile user you need to switch to the full version via the tab at the bottom of your screen (you can switch back via a tab on the bottom left of the screen when you're done).

I think I may end up joining the Blood Angels this ETL... I've found myself the proud owner of a BA tactical squad, 5 death company marines, and 5 BA assault terminators... with plenty of other unpainted marines and vehicles that can be drafted into my little successor project.

I believe the Librarian would fine.

As regards the picture uploading, there is an excellent guide by Dantay_xv in the Tutorials section of the Forge here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321601-step-by-step-creating-a-gallery-uploading-pictures/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321602-adding-pictures-to-posts/

+1 for Dantay_xv's tutorials. A word of advice though: Depending on your camera, you will need to crop your image to meet the B&Cs upload limit. All of the one's I've posted have been cropped through MS Paint or just the stock photo viewing software on a Windows computer. :)

Four days to go!

It may sound obvious but double check all your consumables - and I don't mean the beer either! Make sure you have enough of what you need now so you don't lose time during the event. Basing material, paints, glue, inks, sprays, etc, get them in as soon as possible and don't assume!

Last night I was using my white spray for the first time in ages and was surprised at how low it was. If it had ran out I would have wasted not only that evening but possibly a few more until I was restocked - not only that but any prep you do during the ETL is time that could have been spent painting (proper real life concerns notwithstanding of course). Don't delay, prep today!

* and yes, I'll be off to Halfords some time this week...

Don't delay, prep today!

Heh, I have sand everywhere from some last minute basing of all the stuff I've been building over the last month or so.

My ETL Tribute currently stands at:

Corbulo, TDA Librarian, 2x 5man Tactical Squad, Bike Squad, Landspeeder, Vanguard Squad, Devastator Squad, Whirlwind, Baal Predator.

Time dependant, I'll be making a DC unit (Raphen's?), or command squad, and want to get a version of Moriar on the table also.

Archived