ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

I have a Dreadeo that has yet to see paint, 1 FW Contemptor and a B@C Dread and a Mk. IV Dread.

Dreadnought Season Anyone?

Provided all these conform to the Faction: BA 40k rules, then they are fair game to pledge to us for the ETL. The Deredeo's rules are found on the PDF, both Contemptors have their rules in Imperial Armour Apocalypse (note that the BaC one is fine but the FW will depend on what arms you have on it as we have some limitations on what we can/cannot take) and the Mk IV can be found in C:BA.

(As always, I'm happy to help with points/advice/etc)

Paint what you want to paint. Although some count-as is acceptable, if you really want to paint HH stuff pledge for the HH forum. In other words it's ok to have a green BA successor but it's not OK having Dark Angels counting as Blood Angels. Subtle difference but an important one nevertheless.

Ah so I can't paint the tactical squad I plan to paint as Imperial Fists and pledge them for Blood Angels? It's a kind of side project I have planned and they're already built (which takes me ages in itself!)

To be honest, this swings both ways as there are no IF Troop models.

• For example, Lysander couldn't be pledged but if it was the base model for a Captain for your Successor Chapter, was converted (mainly the removal of iconography I guess) and painted differently (or even in IF colours if your Successor used those), then it would be OK.
  • If you were painting yellow Blood Angels, then this squad would be OK. If you are going the whole hog with IF emblems, etc, then by Semper's above definition it wouldn't.

Paint what you want to paint. Although some count-as is acceptable, if you really want to paint HH stuff pledge for the HH forum. In other words it's ok to have a green BA successor but it's not OK having Dark Angels counting as Blood Angels. Subtle difference but an important one nevertheless.

How does this relate to Cataphracii as normal shooty termies?

EDC

It's another tricky one.

• For example, Deathwing Knights would be Dark Angels, but converted appropriately could fulfill either one of our TDA unit options.
  • In 40k, (before this weekend anyway), many folks used Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators as regular ones (i.e. just a different pattern of Indomitus if you will). Provided they marry up correctly (i.e. no grenade harness, etc) then I don't see how they would be a problem to run as regular Terminators and thus, pledge as.

Well there is now a Cataphractii Terminator Squad and Cataphractii Terminator Captain available as Data Entries in the New AoD Supplement with their own Point costs and Weapon Options.

Can we Get a Ruleing on being able to Use those entries for those Models for BA? Also the Contemptor Entry?

I know the IA2 has a BA Contemptor and a Better Weapon Selection General Contemptor, I'd rather just get a ruling on all the B@C Unit Entries incase somone doesn't have IA2 as an availablility.

To avoid a quote wall....

Rules are if we can't take it - we can't use it. It has to be a legal selection for Faction: BA.

So, unless you point them as count as normal Termiantors (of which they are basically identical) then you can't use them, but I' msure this will be mostly acceptable. Same with the contemptor - need to use the IA2 rules & points, not the C:SM ones.

Jolemai can help with IA2 points :)

Cataphractii Terminators and CTDA Captains are options for the following ETL Factions: Age of Darkness and Codex (following the Angels of Death Supplement for Codex Space Marines).

ETL Faction Blood Angels has access to Terminator Squads and Captains in TDA. I see no problem in pledging them for us using the points in our Codex and I'm pretty sure there are many other Frater who will want to do the same for their army.

The Contemptor Dreadnought which has rules in the Angels of Death Supplement can be pledged by the ETL Faction Codex only. For everyone else (Age of Darkness, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Chaos), they use the rules from where they are found. In this case, any Contemptor Dreadnought we pledge gets it's points from Imperial Armour Apocalypse.

Why would you ever field them as codex cataphracts?

Field them as BA termies which are 5pts more expensive each.

I mean, if you want to pledge them, then do so, just use BA rules. You gain points and lose nothing.

A quick look at the BaC box last week saw the following 40k units that could be pledged:

• TDA Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Three Tactical Squads
  • Contemptor Dreadnought
  • Terminator Squad (or Squad Alphaeus if you wanted the heavy flamer)

I fail to see how this has changed because GW gave Codex Space Marines some cool new rules.

Do we have a rough idea of when the ETL might start and is it the opening 30 days in which you must make your first pledge?

Due to go on holiday for couple weeks so don't want to miss the window.

Peace.

Most likely either the 1st or 15th May

Hey guys! I plan to pledge a couple squads of my Stormcast Marines to the competition. Question though, do I get more points since they're bigger than standard marines? laugh.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ld2io1F.jpg

5 man Devastator Squad with 4 missile launchers. Veteran Sergeant with thunder hammer.

http://i.imgur.com/rTmN625.jpg

5 man Tactical Squad with heavy flamer. Veteran Sergeant with combi-flamer and power axe.

http://i.imgur.com/pv2yCUY.jpg

5 man Vanguard Squad with lightening claws. Veteran Sergeant equipped with plasma pistol and power fist.

http://i.imgur.com/ySOOVkd.jpg

5 man Command Squad. 3 marines with storm shields and thunder hammers. Company champion and Apothecary.

http://i.imgur.com/tIrsTiB.jpg

Contemptor Dreadnought armed with giant sword.

I've gotten so much Heresy stuff to paint.

"Yes Semper.... This is my second blood angel successor. The Death......... Guard......... whistlingW.gif "

Don't worry though - still a boat load of terminators to paint for the BA ETL!

Maximise those overcosted units.

I've gotten so much Heresy stuff to paint.

"Yes Semper.... This is my second blood angel successor. The Death......... Guard......... whistlingW.gif "

Don't worry though - still a boat load of terminators to paint for the BA ETL!

Maximise those overcosted units.

True dat! I've got 20 termies to paint up this year making up part of my 3k vow this year!

EDC

Sorry guys I am going to be rolling with them dirty traitors this year - I am too depressed staring at my 'grey' Legion when it should be Black Legion.

As usual it will be a modest vow, probs starting with my failed Call of Chaos from a couple of years ago, so have seek solace at that Brothers Sanguine!

Archived