ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

Greetings, my brothers. 

I will be throwing my blade into this fray with a trio of Vows for starters, and eventually expanding to two more, depending on how quickly I can get things finished. 

First, Chaplain Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost will be my beginning Vow.  Points wise, he's fairly steep for a Chaplain, and I intend to run him regularly in my force. 

Second, A Furioso Dreadnought armed with a Frag cannon and a Powerfist + underslung Heavy Flamer. 

Third, A Forgeworld Dreadnought Drop Pod.    

Beyond that, we'll see what else we can see.  Lots of large models, and at least two of them are fairly expensive pieces.  If I can get them all done quickly, I'll make a fourth Vow with some Assault Marines or Tactical marines.  

I would like to make more of a commitment but I'm working 2 jobs at present and free time has been woefully lacking of late.  

Looking forward to participating and I'll try and get photos up here.  One quick question, I use army painter Dragon Red primer spray for my red models (Drop Pod and Dreadnought).  Is that sufficient or do I have to show the primed models in black?  Lemartes won't be a problem, as he'll be primed black anyway.  

Thanks for the information in advance and take it easy for now everyone.

-Red__Thirst-

first vow certainly :

1 stormraven.

1 stormeagle.

1 fireraptor.

And if I am motivated :

1 leviathan.

1 land raider crusader.

And if I'm really motivated :

1 predator Baal.

10 assault marines.

10 assault marines.

We'll do our best to keep you going then. Of course, if we win the ETL Charlo is going to Youtube himself singing the Sanguine Rhapsody once we've finished composing it ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Ohhh is it time again? I'm not even going to speculate on what I may get done, but I have a lot to choose from. I wanted to mention on the subject of Librarians, I did a ML2 in TDA last year and modeled the epistolary symbol onto his right shoulder pad. Not too difficult to make up or probably even freehand. I was going to attach a picture of the badge but I couldn't find it right this moment.

I've been wondering if foamcore plates could be done up to represent extra armor.

Didn't you get permission from Captain Semper last year for the level 2? Basically, anything like that (including the foamcore) would again, likely, require his permission this time around. The best bet is to always post a picture. For example, there are old FW kits (spacer armour, reinforced armour) and some third party kits that could work for extra armour which I believe would be fine, but I'm only the messenger.

Greetings, my brothers.

I will be throwing my blade into this fray with a trio of Vows for starters, and eventually expanding to two more, depending on how quickly I can get things finished.

First, Chaplain Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost will be my beginning Vow. Points wise, he's fairly steep for a Chaplain, and I intend to run him regularly in my force.

Second, A Furioso Dreadnought armed with a Frag cannon and a Powerfist + underslung Heavy Flamer.

Beyond that, we'll see what else we can see. Lots of large models, and at least two of them are fairly expensive pieces. If I can get them all done quickly, I'll make a fourth Vow with some Assault Marines or Tactical marines.

I would like to make more of a commitment but I'm working 2 jobs at present and free time has been woefully lacking of late.

Looking forward to participating and I'll try and get photos up here. One quick question, I use army painter Dragon Red primer spray for my red models (Drop Pod and Dreadnought). Is that sufficient or do I have to show the primed models in black? Lemartes won't be a problem, as he'll be primed black anyway.

-Red__Thirst-

Anything you can do is welcome, just don't overstretch yourself; I know first hand what it's like to paint for the ETL deadline when there's little spare time (PhD, two kids, etc). As for the spray, if you are using it to undercoat then it's fine. If it's a basecoat over an undercoat then you'll have to talk to Captain Semper and hope he's feeling charitable...

BA Rhapsody - long post!

Is it real? Is it fantasy?

...Caught in a landmine,

No escape from the heresy...

...Open your eyes,

Look up to the sky and see... laugh.png

I'm just a poor Scout, with only BS3...

...Because I hate greenskins, like Tycho...

(This is getting harder...)

...Diceroll high, diceroll low

Anyway the dice roll doesn't really matter to me, with FNP...

...Dante, destroyed a Kan...

(Good grief.)

Inferno Pistol to its head.

Pulled his trigger, then Grotz dead.

Empraaaah. Oooooooo.. Great crusade had just begun

But Horus has gone and thrown it all away

...Sanguinior! Owowowoooww

Your wing's poked out my eye...

... If I'm not back from the Apothecary tomorrow,

battle on, battle on, and buff some other guy...

BA Rhapsody - long post!

...Caught in a landmine,

...Open your eyes,

(Good grief.)

[oh god what have I promised....]

Too late, my time has come...

I feel the Red Thirst in my spine

Body Raging all the time...

BA Rhapsody - long post!

...Caught in a landmine,

...Open your eyes,

(Good grief.)

Goodbye battle brothers.. I've got to go..

Leave you all behind and join Death Company..

Pardon me but taking part in the ETL is no easier than putting together a marine army for 7th edition, everything has been spread across half a dozen threads and I got burned out trying to figure out where I put my oath leave alone what the rules for the competition exactly are..

Can we not have a single thread with all the rules and information in it rather than linking to tidbits of it spread out between a lot of chatter all across the board? sad.png I mean, I'm not exactly stupid but I couldn't figure out where to post a vow, in what format, and how many vows I get to pledge etc..

Pardon me but taking part in the ETL is no easier than putting together a marine army for 7th edition, everything has been spread across half a dozen threads and I got burned out trying to figure out where I put my oath leave alone what the rules for the competition exactly are..

Can we not have a single thread with all the rules and information in it rather than linking to tidbits of it spread out between a lot of chatter all across the board? sad.png I mean, I'm not exactly stupid but I couldn't figure out where to post a vow, in what format, and how many vows I get to pledge etc..

Rules aren't out yet buddy! Don't worry, all revelaed and collated soon smile.png

This is just early prep tongue.png

BA Rhapsody - long post!

...Caught in a landmine,

...Open your eyes,

(Good grief.)

Goodbye battle brothers.. I've got to go..

Leave you all behind and join Death Company..

Chaplaiiiiiiiin. OoooooOOOOOooooo...

If I'm gunna die...

Let me do it in the Black and Red...!

When the event begins, Captain Semper will create a thread called the Blood Angels Strategium. This is where vows for our Faction will be posted. In the meantime, this thread serves as a stop gap - it answers any questions that may crop up and the first post will be kept up to date with all the information we have available.

The two links above your last post as simply to generate more interest for those who are still wondering who to pledge for (if at all). BA Today had some basic ETL information but has now been superseded by this thread for all things ETL as the build up increases.

Basically, if you can't see an answer to any question on the first post of this thread I'll do my very best to get you and answer or find you one :)

Greetings, my brothers. 

First, Chaplain Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost will be my beginning Vow.  Points wise, he's fairly steep for a Chaplain, and I intend to run him regularly in my force. 

Beyond that, we'll see what else we can see.  Lots of large models, and at least two of them are fairly expensive pieces.  If I can get them all done quickly, I'll make a fourth Vow with some Assault Marines or Tactical marines.  

Looking forward to participating and I'll try and get photos up here.  One quick question, I use army painter Dragon Red primer spray for my red models (Drop Pod and Dreadnought).  Is that sufficient or do I have to show the primed models in black?  Lemartes won't be a problem, as he'll be primed black anyway.  

-Red__Thirst-

Anything you can do is welcome, just don't overstretch yourself; I know first hand what it's like to paint for the ETL deadline when there's little spare time (PhD, two kids, etc). As for the spray, if you are using it to undercoat then it's fine. If it's a basecoat over an undercoat then you'll have to talk to Captain Semper and hope he's feeling charitable...

Yes, I'm using it as the undercoat/primer coat over the bare plastic.  Also, I paint before I assemble, so I'll blue-tack everything together after taking pictures of the sprues and then lay down the undercoat/primer coat and start painting.  I'm also working to paint everything in my army to an exceedingly high standard.  Here's an example of a rank and file tactical marine and a Death Company Marine:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/28/760078_md-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/28/760073_md-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/3/776113_md-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/3/776112_md-.jpg

Hopefully I can keep this quality up as I go.  That's my goal, anyway.  

Take it easy for now. 

-Red__Thirst-

Do we post vows here, or just say we're taking part? Also what's the deadline for placing vows?

This is the build up thread, so it's for information, hype and general purposes.

When Captain Semper opens up the BA Strategium (which will either be on the 1st or the 15th May), vows get placed there. Once the event begins, you have one calendar month to make your first vow.

Any chance can we please spoiler the BA Rhapsody?

You're gonna give me repetitive strain disorder from all the scrolling.

EDC

Will do when I'm next at a desktop. Honestly didn't take into account mobile view when it started!

At least we've given everyone a reason to go for it this year!

Bet you'd never see the Dark Angels doing karaoke.

Well, unless it was Rock of course.

*groan*

The "joke" thread can be found here.

I'm going to be a bit more strategic this year, and clear out my character backlog before I jump into low-calorie items like my pile of primed Razorbacks.

Karlaen, chaplain x3, librarian, Techmarine will be my first vow I think. At 660 points, 6 miniatures seems like a good way to ease into ETL V.

I'm going to be a bit more strategic this year, and clear out my character backlog before I jump into low-calorie items like my pile of primed Razorbacks.

Karlaen, chaplain x3, librarian, Techmarine will be my first vow I think. At 660 points, 6 miniatures seems like a good way to ease into ETL V.

Even razorbacks can be quite juicy. I considered some Rzb coming in at ~100pts a piece, not too shabby, especially if you're airbrushing.

EDC

At least we've given everyone a reason to go for it this year!

Bet you'd never see the Dark Angels doing karaoke.

Well, unless it was Rock of course.

What they didn't tell you was that Luther's surname was Vandross.

Great idea - Don't forget a kit-bashed Dante and Sanguinor from a sanguinary guard pack!

Even razorbacks can be quite juicy. I considered some Rzb coming in at ~100pts a piece, not too shabby, especially if you're airbrushing.

EDC

TLLC Razorback?

Don't you mean a predator annihilator with no sponsons?

EDC

TLLC Razorback?

Don't you mean a predator annihilator with no sponsons?

Haha, not sure if you'll get a way with that! :D

Archived