Nevermore.. a Raven Guard (Horus Heresy) painting log

Lovely stuff in here. Really like your Mor Deythan squad, I've been seriously thinking about getting some of these to use as Sternguard. The price tag puts me off somewhat though, but they are such beautiful models.

The FW raven guard transfer sheet though good, is really stingy with white transfers (a third are white, third silver and third black.. Yes black) and hardly any support transfers, so I'm using silver transfers for the volkite support squad, maybe terran born dust clads...

Lovely stuff in here. Really like your Mor Deythan squad, I've been seriously thinking about getting some of these to use as Sternguard. The price tag puts me off somewhat though, but they are such beautiful models.

Not my words, but the words of shakin Stevens..

☺ they are Ace models

I now have a Leviathan... scratch that... i now have two Leviathans.. :)

going to magnetise the arms, and buy a few spares at a later date. just assembling first one, is crushing a renegade Knights head into the floor. the second im not too sure on pose yet, but might try a running pose :)

• 2 weeks later...

its hard to make out but the leviathan dread has actually collapsed through the rubble base, (the model is stood on the original plastic base, and the cork base has been built around it)and the left foot coming down is putting a huge crack in the ground...

the world eater is in fact covered in his enemies blood, and battle damaged to the max before being "capped" by corax, once its matt varnished i will gloss his chest wound up nicely.

im now doing the rest of my vow, another leviathan, maun and 10 dark furies. These guys as ill be using them as vanguard vets in 40k im not sure about paint scheme.

option 1. all black like my mor Daythen

option 2. same but with white helmets

option 3. white helmets and white shoulder pads

option 4. like the Fw versions with gunmetal shoulderpads

thoughts? i think ill do one as option 2 for now...

You could blend the color choices between the white 40 veterans and the gunmetal FW scheme. Remember that the color choice for the 1st Company is white or silver. If anything the idea of an inverted scheme when it comes to the Sergeant's helmet stripe would be potentially cool too.

Can't wait to see more!

right after realising certain units could only be used in 30k, and 40k I decided on a cunning plan (maybe i should have thought of this before assembling my Volkite squad)

I will have a unit of assault marines made up of mk6 and mk4 jump packs (sang guard style), as i will be using a mix of ravenguard and normal FW mk6 heads/bodies i will have a spare 10 heads, 10 sets of arms, 10 bodies and 10 back packs.

these will be fielded for 30k or split up for hammerstrike formation for 40k

this will be magnetised so i can either field a 10 man support squad with 10 plasmaguns (30k) top halfs only

or 2 five man dev squads of heavy grav (40k) and plasmacannon (mainly 40k) using plastic mkiv legs for both

this will leave me 14 mkiv guys left, which i will build another lascannon squad (handy for both) with spare bodies for a recon sniper squad and a vet tac squad lead by FW vet sgt (mainly 40k normal tac squad of las/plas)

i know i could go fopr magnetised weapons, but the ball joint on legs is so much easier and with all the spare bodies/backpacks etc i think its easier to do it this way.

now... just to wait until july for the new army book...

on my work bench at the mo is:

2 ccw contemptors

1 5 man shotgun recon squad

3 quad mortars

2 deimos rhinos with dozers

dread pod (one fw one hand made copy from many moons ago before plastic kits came out)

2 pods that need repainting

Archived