Nevermore.. a Raven Guard (Horus Heresy) painting log

I think I will be doing a mk3 vet squad but using the knives from the mk4 (a little bit more sneaky/sneaky), and will be modelled up as you'd expect. obviously game terms the 'sniper' flamer is ace, but due to lack of melta/AT in my army I may go with a 10 man squad with 2 meltas, powerfist, a few axes and 3-4 combi meltas.. not sure yet.

• 3 months later...

real world issues mean I have left these guys untouched for 3 months! have managed to get a bit of painting (magnus and some walking dead) and also a MDF zone mortalis board (which is amazeballs!)

have the seekers to paint, and a mk3 vet squad to make.. then I will be done for 30k RG for now.

I now have a Airbrush, so am very tempted to do a Thousand sons force using a mix of new plastics and older mk4/terms so could be used as joint rubrics/30k. will be a elite/pychic heavy 30k force probably using magnus bodyguard rite of war from Inferno.

will post new blog if I go ahead with it..

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm enjoying this thread - don't completely abandon the boys in black for those fancy Thousand Sons fellows! msn-wink.gif

I like the running pose that you did with the contemptor dreadnought - that is a bold pose for sure. Also like the Mor dethyn squad as well.

Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived