Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

With enough Guard to justifiably call a mixed regiment (a full infantry company, 2/3 tank company, full super-heavy company, a support company (full Ogryn platoon, etc), and partial artillery company I finally found models I liked for the Regimental Command Squad.  It took a while and they are decidedly not GW, but I just started painting them today and am really excited to get them finished so I can get them on table and play the fanfare when they score points in a game.

DSC05380.JPG.c5c3aacb90169be34b7ad86fb51a0508.JPG

I even have Inquisitors to match named Reno and Rude.  How great is that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, The Pounder said:

@TCC lovely work on the Dorns and the Tanith Squad!

@Bonehead  nicely done! The camo came out well and you should be pleased of the lenses!

Thanks mate! I'm definitely happy with the result. Bit of a shame I missed the rest of the platoon, the two squads of rough riders and the other stuff, but I'll take what I can get....

My proxy Astramilitarum army (Space Dwarfs) is down to its last unpainted platoon:

B25Z7Vg.jpg

This is the first squad for the final platoon :) :

FbKDSxC.jpg

After this, I have 21 troops that are already base-coated and four servitors with two Astropaths that need sculpting... then the army will be complete :) ...

• 4 weeks later...

Got back in the fight tonight after a 2 month break. Still not really digging 10th but i digress. Played swarm nids. I killed 229 models and lost 55 to 40. He held the mid board and just ran up on primary. It didn't help that it was supply drop and only no mans land counted for primary, should have read the mission. oh well. 

Scions were all-stars. Orders on the turn they dropped helped a surprising amount. FRFSRF with plasma and volley guns was nice. They wiped a 20 pack in shooting and then charged in and wiped another 15 pack. SUstained hits 1 and full rerolls were great. 

• 1 month later...

Lost a hard fought battle against Angron and his World Eaters last night, 90 to 87. It was a fun game and the blood was flowing. He got first turn and sent angron 28" up the board charinging into a unit of bullgryn. He only killed 2, in return i dealt 6 damage. They fell back and Angron felt a near by demolisher cannon. He would not return until turn 4(failed his charge and met the same demolisher cannon). Scions were allstars into Bezerkers on an objective. Bullgryn held the line. Good times were had by all. 

Lost a game Friday to orks. Another close loss. I put way too much into trying to kill ghaz and he was rolling 4++ like it was his job. Another good game though. 

Over the weekend I got my FOB for my CP force mostly done. Just a few details to add. The rocket pods are removable so I can swap it to another bomblast later down the line. I need to mag lock the bomblast though.

20240324_1656191.thumb.jpg.f341d130cc71e5db4c43d82fe68668d1.jpg

Also started on my version of Leonatus and Nork deddog (pictured protecting commander)

20240216_1808351.thumb.jpg.c13092203f375faa26de4e4df3160552.jpg

I just got home from a small rtt. 25 players. 7 or 8 guard players. 

My List

Lord Solar

Cadian Command Squad - 2x power fist, 2x plasma pistol, banner, medic, master vox

2x TC Demo Cannon, Las, 2xHB

Scion Command - Plasma Pistol, Plasma gun, meltagun, banner, medic

10 cadians

10 scions - 2x plasmagun, 2x melta, plasma pistol power fist

2x10 Rough riders

6x bullgryn 4++ and mauls

2x cyclops

2x manticore

basilisk

calidus

Round 1, dark angels ironstorm with double storm raven, triple redemptor. Just a lot of really efficient shooting. Lost 80 to 64. 

Round 2. Guard. He had no bodyguard unit for leontus. Dead turn 1. Turn 2 I picked up 2 leman russ, 2 sentinels. Turn 3 more russ and it was just downhill for him. Won 80 to 21. He left event. 

Round 3. Tsons. Magnus and a mess of flamer rubrics, carnivore, brigand. Put 2 turns of shooting into magnus before tank shocking him off the board. Probably should have ignored and killed everything else. Lost 100 to 47. 

Rough riders were cool. I bet I brought them back 5 or 6 times across 2 games. Rapid ingress reinforcements was really handy. If you get all 10 attacking its pretty good. Whittled down to 4 or so and it's lackluster. Would probably not bring 20 again. 2x5 maybe just for actions, rapid response type unit.

Finally got my two Necromunda Tauroses built up to match the specs from the IA books. It's taken me forever- working out what versions of the multilaser to use (in the end it was the oop sentinel one) ordering some from eBay and then cutting them up and covering over the hollow side. Not to mention I decided to shave off the aquila from the right side of the left-hand ones and then glue it back on the left side. Man, that sentence was a car crash.

Whatever, check it:

20240403(1).thumb.JPG.ae162a681f41dc294971b62373a48772.JPG

They come with a few packs and whatnot to add, but I chucked on a few extra ones form the cadian heavy weapon sprues for a bit of individual character. I've always regretted painting up my sentinels before I got any extra equipment modelled on, so this time I took care of it.

20240403(2).thumb.JPG.3cc06e82ffd0f7e784ce35aee3eeb066.JPG

Cutting away the stubber ammo boxes and replacing them with laser power packs was actually pretty easy- as usual a sharp knife is the answer.

The crew are Victoria Miniatures models- they drop right in to the drivers's seat but the gunners feet and legs need trimming pretty heavily. The arms fitted reasonably well, but the hands need a bit of green stuff.

Nevertheless, pretty good, though I do say so myself. What d'you reckon?

• 3 weeks later...