Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

My Squat (proxy Astra Militarum) army has now got a Primaris psyker... he's a "Beer Seer" and channels the power of strong, Dwarven ale to interact with his ancestors...

rfUj5Mt.jpg

I am currently painting another Primaris Psyker to go with him... a female "Wine Witch" :) .

Today my Imperial Guard got audited – that is, I set out the models to see how I need to adjust things for the new Codex. 

6B8863FD-9258-42FE-B122-70B031839AAF.jpeg.1b2fbe87fd1de2fc92343783d996b51f.jpeg

'Keep an eye out, butt; you don't know whether traps there are here.'

Happily, it looks like things won't need to be shifted around too much, and there will be few models left over. A couple of odd outsiders are some shotgun-wielding Guardsmen and sergeants – does anyone know whether these're destined to be 'counts-as', or is there a unit that can take shotguns?

Secondly, while my melta gunners from an old Special Weapons team can happily be distributed into infantry squads, I've heard that sniper rifles have largely gone from the Codex – is that right? If you've any idea how I can use three marksmen from an  old Special Weapon team with sniper rifles (in the pic below), it'd be much appreciated. If not, I guess they'll still have a use in Kill Team, or just count as regular riflemen – I've a few visual variants on lasguns, so they won't stick out too much.

13.jpg

Edited by apologist

Regular command squads can have one, kasriken squads can have one (tho its a hot shot one), and krieg squads can have one. 

Most things are (they can take what comes in their box) 

So I don't think anything can take shotguns (other than Straken who comes with one) 

Tho IMO no one looks at the rank and file so of you say they be count as lasguns and not shotguns doubt anyone will give them a second look. 

Edited by War of the Eagle

Took the Leng 1st Auxilia on their first outing with the new Codex. The changes to Ogryns and Bullgryns made a massive difference. The extra 6" range and AP to Ripper Guns gave me effectively an extra round of shooting before being charged by 'Nids, and the ability to shoot whilst in combat meant that when i did survive a round of melee, i wasnt trapped. I ended up tabling the Tyranids in 4 turns, when the opposite occurred against the same list last time i played.

319282946_480332764166940_1638882013851791812_n.jpg

On 12/8/2022 at 7:07 AM, apologist said:

Today my Imperial Guard got audited – that is, I set out the models to see how I need to adjust things for the new Codex. 

6B8863FD-9258-42FE-B122-70B031839AAF.jpeg.1b2fbe87fd1de2fc92343783d996b51f.jpeg

'Keep an eye out, butt; you don't know whether traps there are here.'

Happily, it looks like things won't need to be shifted around too much, and there will be few models left over. A couple of odd outsiders are some shotgun-wielding Guardsmen and sergeants – does anyone know whether these're destined to be 'counts-as', or is there a unit that can take shotguns?

Secondly, while my melta gunners from an old Special Weapons team can happily be distributed into infantry squads, I've heard that sniper rifles have largely gone from the Codex – is that right? If you've any idea how I can use three marksmen from an  old Special Weapon team with sniper rifles (in the pic below), it'd be much appreciated. If not, I guess they'll still have a use in Kill Team, or just count as regular riflemen – I've a few visual variants on lasguns, so they won't stick out too much.

13.jpg

I literally just went through the same thing. I had to redo my entire army because I hadn't audited my guys since early 7th late sixth and have been building nonsense. I feel for you.

8A9E0112-F2F5-44C4-A8DD-5CA572AA1449.jpeg

Edited by TechCaptain

• 1 month later...

I completed some mods to the turrets and hull to allow for the fitment of both Dorn and Baneblade turrets to a Dorn. I prefer the Baneblade in the flesh (I feel the Dorn turret to be too small and too rounded for 40k compared other Guard tanks)

5F5F2724-1AD0-41B4-9787-9D019CF76A03.jpeg

3709E291-A757-419F-8CED-261CC6FFE064.jpeg

Edited by TCC

• 2 weeks later...

Great progress TCC! 

I'm slowly making my way through assembling the Dorn. I've magnetised about half of it at this point. Definitely a lot more fiddly than the LR and BB. 

Need to decide what I'm going to do with the gunners and TC. Maybe I have some VM not Mordians laying around somewhere... 

Oh and ordered 2 boxes of RR's :biggrin:

Finished piecing together my katsrkin squad. I had to green stuff thier necks so it should have set by the time I get home for work today. 

20230227_2027521.thumb.jpg.80f5cc742d3f1292002358f87bb55f72.jpg

I plan to get another squad later and just have it as the standard heads to intermix with this squad.

Today I did a field repair on a flamer.

large.C419-321WIP02-03-23.JPG.f8e24dc6a6

Please don't tell the techpriests that I used a non-standard fuel line. 

These new Guard models are brilliant, but there's a couple of annoying things about them. Out of the box the flamer will only fit properly on one specific body, and that's boring. 

• 2 weeks later...