Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

5 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Congrats!

Any chance of some pics of your Rough Riders? I love me some cavalry! (Almost as much as Artillery!!)

I've got a couple photos within the last couple pages of this thread. Nothing on my phone(sd card died). 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this (the rules are not clear as to how much of it I can use in play, does it have to be all? Or can I choose? I say this because the kit came with another sprue with exactly the same amount on it - it would be thought to fit all of that in any deployment zone!). 

79BCEC38-7FBA-4B3A-8309-ED2D4848028E.jpeg

41B95F13-7BB6-4F0E-9975-F792EEEEA7B2.jpeg

Edited by TCC

On 5/20/2023 at 2:32 PM, TCC said:

Just finished this (the rules are not clear as to how much of it I can use in play, does it have to be all? Or can I choose? I say this because the kit came with another sprue with exactly the same amount on it - it would be thought to fit all of that in any deployment zone!). 

79BCEC38-7FBA-4B3A-8309-ED2D4848028E.jpeg

41B95F13-7BB6-4F0E-9975-F792EEEEA7B2.jpeg

The kit makes another one of those? 

Picked up some sets from Gamersgrass over the weekend and finally got round to snazzing up some bases.

I think this platoon worth of guards went from 'it'll do' to 'it'll do but in a marshy field somewhere' pretty quickly.

It's an easy recommend from me. And they aren't even sponsoring me either.

20230525 (2).JPG

20230525 (3).JPG

Played a 4k guard vs guard, tempest of war on an 8x4 table. We played the 3 big ruin complexes in the center as 12x12 obscuring ruins. It was a lot of fun, he brought 3 shadowswords, I brought a baneblade. He also brought somewhere around 10 Leman Russ and 30 or 40 bullgryn/ogryn. Once the scions and the banner showed up. They folded pretty fast.  Won 75 to 47. It was a good time. 

20230527_132316.jpg

Mega-dull at work this morning. Nothing to do and working from home so I knocked together a few troopers to round out some squads.

Mortar crews on the left, company standard bearer and a regimental advisor in the middle, heavy bolter crew on the right and a medic reloading in the background.

I love the overall look you get from Victoria Lamb minis but the arms take a lot of cutting and reposing if you want to have anything but riflemen.

P1010001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a command platoon squad and a heavy bolter team, as well as an advisor. I painted the advisor to represent an attached officer from another regiment hence the different camouflage scheme. I reckon an artillery forward observer should be right. Bollocksed up the face to be honest but I'm probably too lazy to go back and fix it.

Pretty chuffed with the HB team, those ammunition sprues from Zinge Industries really help you give a piece some character along with some grass tufts.

20230615 (1).JPG

20230615 (2).JPG

20230615 (3).JPG

Played 2 2k games yesterday. Missions are very wordy, tactical felt good. Didn't do a gambit either game. 

Game 1 - Custodes - still tough as nails. Wardens having minus 1 to wound made them tough to move. Trajaan spent 3 rounds in combat with a russ before i finally got him with the hull lascannon. Artillery is really solid, 2+ to hit rerolling 1s with almost 0 effort. Felt bad at the damage step if he had any reduce damage equipment. Hydra felt ok. Exterminator was big help when it came time to direct fire the artillery. Basilisk and their minus 2 move, minus 2 to advance and charge rolls really helped slow down his foot custodes. A total of minus 4" really took the wind out of his advance and charge blade champion unit. 

Game 2 - Guard - This mad lad actually brought 240 guardsmen of different varieties and a Dorn. It was a slog. I tried scions. I think if you are going to use them, you bring 3 units with command squads. Sustained hits from the tempestor prime and rerolling 1s(or all if enemy is on an objective) was really solid. Demolishers shooting in combat with no minus 1 felt really good. I just kept ramming into his squads. They weren't gonna kill me and i could shoot without any issue. 

Man alive Mertbl it sounds like you're talking a whole different language to what I remember. I haven't played a game since 5th edition. You could go over ten games and I'd still be scratching my head.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself though!

Played 2 more 2k games this weekend. Saturday was cadian armored column against ultras with calgar. Desolators killed anyone that stepped out of a transport. Picked up his repulsor turn 1 with indirect(2 manticore, 2 basilisk). He ended up winning by 2. My secondaries turned cold on me towards the end. 

Today was necrons. He brought a monolith, silent king, big cannon boat, 20 warriors with 2 characters and void dragon. I ran some scions, 2 shock troop squads, 2 LR exterminators, 2 manticore, 2 basilisk, wyvern, hydra, lord solar with bodyguard of 10 kasrkin. never scratched the paint on the monolith, took silent king down to 1w by end game(after doing about 15 extra wounds that he revived), killed everyhting else. won by 2 with some luck. turn 5 i used reinforcements when he killed a scion squad, bottom of 5 i drew deploy teleport homers, deepstruck into his DZ for an easy 5. No other way i was getting that one. 

Beat GSC 100-91. Mission I, Layout 4 from GT pack. Found out Hellhounds are t10 and 2+sv! Inferno cannon is real good. Cyclops is great for action utility, the small boy fits anywhere. Scions are still really good. Kasrkin always have an order up is really good(3+armor baby!). GSC is super annoying with everything battleline coming back automatically. he was running 5x20 neophytes(?) and like another 40 of the slightly bigger boys. I think only the cyclops crossed the mid board. I just let him keep crashing on my unlimited lasgun ammo. 

My list 

Leontus

Cadian Command Squad, Grand Strategist

Creed

Scion Command with Rod, Banner, Medic, HSVG, Plasma 

10 Kasrkin, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, 2x HSVG, 2x Plasma gun

20 Shock Troops with 2x Grenade Launcher and 2x Plasma Gun

10 Scions with Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, 2x HSVG, 2x Plasma (no vox, he has to give up his rifle for a pistol and vox)

2x1 Scout Sentinels with Autocannons, HK, Chainsaw

2x Hellhounds, HK Missile

2x Cyclops

2x Medusa

2x Exterminators, plasma sponsons, lascannon, HK, Stubber

2x FOB with Bombast Cannon

1x Wyvern, HK Missile

355805769_1195113424500667_5516436954466480204_n.jpg

355888090_279646461228071_5713897159481628982_n.jpg

With the point increases to indirect fire, I decided that the earthshaker carriage battery was good value for the points.

The problem being I don’t have any, but I do have two Basilisks that when I built them I decided not to glue in the gun deck.

The solution is to slide out the gun deck and then fabricate a bade for them and use a magnet to join them - which allows for the gun deck to swizzle. An hour in the workshop last night and an 30mins painting this morning and the first one is complete, second one is halfway through cutting out all the parts.

IMG_9855.jpeg

IMG_9857.jpeg

Edited by TCC

11 hours ago, mertbl said:

Played GSC again tonight. Mission C, Terrain Layout 4. Won 86-81 but we only got through 4 turns before the store closed. Gaunts ghosts are allstars. Kurov's and Callidus both work really well together. 

im playing GSC tonight - layout 1 hopefully we get to finish