Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

On 8/13/2023 at 9:41 AM, duz_ said:

My army did bring the hurt! Pretty happy with the Banesword and Exterminator. 

On 8/13/2023 at 9:56 PM, mertbl said:

I brought the glorious Baneblade!

Is it normal to bring a superheavy now?  

11 hours ago, march10k said:

Is it normal to bring a superheavy now?  

No restrictions so why not? 

Whether or not they're worth it is another discussion :laugh:

Edited by duz_

Got a Rogal Dorn Tank and a box of gaunts ghosts. 

Anyone with more IG experience answer a question for me; how likely is it that I'd need multiple command squads?  I've got one right now, but my local store is selling a bunch of them for $25. I was thinking of just grabbing two for another 10 bodies to fluff out the other squads since they've got a LOT of bits, but I can also just get the cadia upgrade sprues. 

Appreciate any help!

Edited by DemonGSides

2 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Got a Rogal Dorn Tank and a box of gaunts ghosts. 

Anyone with more IG experience answer a question for me; how likely is it that I'd need multiple command squads?  I've got one right now, but my local store is selling a bunch of them for $25. I was thinking of just grabbing two for another 10 bodies to fluff out the other squads since they've got a LOT of bits, but I can also just get the cadia upgrade sprues. 

Appreciate any help!

Depends on how many order you can put out per turn. Found that covering most of your units works well. So basically you should be able to put out as many orders as you have units that can accept them. If you can do that your golden. Just make sure to take the master vox option.

Though at that price might as well grab them as that is the cost of a box of 10 and with much less options.

11 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Depends on how many order you can put out per turn. Found that covering most of your units works well. So basically you should be able to put out as many orders as you have units that can accept them. If you can do that your golden. Just make sure to take the master vox option.

Though at that price might as well grab them as that is the cost of a box of 10 and with much less options.

Yeah that's kind of been my thought process too; if I grab 4 boxes of these, well that's 20 pimped out Cadians if nothing else, and then I can use my more basic looking cadians as just regular Infantry Squads if I grab a couple of heavy weapon boxes as well.

I'm not sure enough about the order system or how it works since I'm just starting out.  I'll have to do more of a deep dive on what my army will look like when it's all said and done.  So far I have the Combat Patrol, and now a Rogal Dorn and a box of Gaunt's Ghosts.  So lots of flexibility with what to buy next, and I'd like a combined arms type detatchment with a tank or two and at least a small carpet of human bodies.

Edited by DemonGSides

48 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Yeah that's kind of been my thought process too; if I grab 4 boxes of these, well that's 20 pimped out Cadians if nothing else, and then I can use my more basic looking cadians as just regular Infantry Squads if I grab a couple of heavy weapon boxes as well.

I'm not sure enough about the order system or how it works since I'm just starting out.  I'll have to do more of a deep dive on what my army will look like when it's all said and done.  So far I have the Combat Patrol, and now a Rogal Dorn and a box of Gaunt's Ghosts.  So lots of flexibility with what to buy next, and I'd like a combined arms type detatchment with a tank or two and at least a small carpet of human bodies.

That is what I kind of did:

512st test (995 points)

Astra Militarum

Incursion (1000 points)

Combined Regiment

CHARACTER

Commissar (35 points)

• 1x Bolt pistol

1x Power weapon

Platoon Command Squad (75 points)

• 1x Platoon Commander

• Warlord

• 1x Close combat weapon

1x Laspistol

1x Power fist

• Enhancement: Grand Strategist

• 4x Veteran Guardsman

• 4x Close combat weapon

3x Lasgun

4x Laspistol

1x Master Vox

1x Medi-pack

1x Meltagun

1x Regimental Standard

Tank Commander (240 points)

• 1x Armoured tracks

2x Heavy bolter

1x Heavy stubber

1x Hunter-killer missile

1x Lascannon

1x Leman Russ battle cannon

BATTLELINE

Cadian Shock Troops (130 points)

• 2x Shock Trooper Sergeant

• 1x Chainsword

1x Close combat weapon

1x Drum-fed autogun

1x Laspistol

• 18x Shock Trooper

• 18x Close combat weapon

2x Grenade launcher

14x Lasgun

2x Plasma gun

1x Vox-caster

Death Korps of Krieg (65 points)

• 1x Death Korps Watchmaster

• 1x Plasma pistol

1x Power weapon

• 9x Death Korps Trooper

• 9x Close combat weapon

1x Death Korps Medi-pack

1x Grenade launcher

6x Lasgun

1x Plasma gun

1x Sniper rifle

OTHER DATASHEETS

Field Ordnance Battery (120 points)

• 2x Ordnance Team

• 2x Battery close combat weapons

2x Bombast field gun

2x Lasgun

2x Laspistol

Leman Russ Vanquisher (190 points)

• 1x Armoured tracks

2x Heavy bolter

1x Hunter-killer missile

1x Lascannon

1x Storm bolter

1x Vanquisher battle cannon

ALLIED UNITS

Armiger Warglaive (140 points)

• 1x Meltagun

1x Reaper chain-cleaver

1x Thermal spear

I did have three tanks, but the increase cost of the FOB I was a few points over and had to shift some units around my roster. Did ok versus a nid army last weekend.

9 hours ago, duz_ said:

Starting our house renovation so put a dent in my hobby progress. Got to spend some time today working on my Castellan though. 

Just waiting on my final batch of replacement paints to arrive tomorrow to apply final steps!

The Castellan is looking nice and the greenstuffed shoulder pads are pretty well integrated with the model after the paint.
You were worried for no reason :smile:

29 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Always love your squat guard.  Is the box fed weapon intended to be (ruleswise) a grenade launcher?

Cheers and yes, it's a grenade launcher (styled a bit more like a modern automatic grenade launcher) :) .

On 8/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, Focslain said:

Got me thinking to put one in my 2K list. Looking at the weapons that is a lot of lead going downfield.

I'm currently debating with myself it the baneblade is worth it or something like double dorn might have more utility. 

On 8/27/2023 at 1:58 AM, mertbl said:

I'm currently debating with myself it the baneblade is worth it or something like double dorn might have more utility. 

If you have them, the double dorn might be better as they can at least take orders. I don't have any and keeping my spending low this year. So no Dorn for me til Christmas at the earliest.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:58 AM, mertbl said:

I played chaos knights yesterday against a very good player, took a Shadowsword and Doomhammer, knights took T1 and all they did was kill 1 sentinel, and I overwatched and took down an armiger. My T1 I took out three more armigers. T2 the two big knights came out of deep strike and bounced off the showesword doing 10 damage. My T2 both big knights taken out with the two big guns (magma cannon and the volcano cannon) - he only had a couple of armigers left and hung the game up before I could shoot the rest of my T2 guns. 

image was after the battle and after the terrain was removed - only the sentinels moved up and the Doomhammer and Leman Russ moved to get firing positions + Solar and the tech priest.

IMG_0238.jpeg

Edited by TCC

• 2 weeks later...

Went to warhammer world to pick up some exclusive stuff for a buddy in oz and took the opportunity while I was there to snap some shots of my Rogue Trader guardsmen in action against my growing mob of cultists. Some of them came out pretty damn well, though I do say so myself:

20230907(15).thumb.JPG.cce34b29732f48a8f0ef0db16c737ab2.JPG

It doesn't make even a little bit of difference in game terms but when it comes down to satisfaction, having modelled a bunch of them in 'action' poses pays you back a ton:

20230907(19).thumb.JPG.42753d88de4bf93899b1854d78f58075.JPG

It was also pretty great that they have air con in that big gaming hall, I won't lie. It's completely roasting in the uk at the moment.

Cheers everyone!

Edited by Bonehead

• 4 weeks later...

It has not been a good week for me and my guard. Went 0-3 at local RTT, losing to eldar, marines, dark angels. My biggest loss was 20ish points, closest game was a 6 point loss. Couldn't put together a primary game at all. I'm usually able to max it but not this day...

Never defeated, just regrouping.