The Berserkers of Uran - a thread from the past

Raktra

Thought some more about Dorak, and it occurred to me that as he becomes truly riddled with daemonic "cancer" and gains the ability manipulate it for defensive purposes, sooner or later he'll learn to use it offensively. When he reaches a particular threshold, he could even form bits into blades, which could be represented as daemon weapons in crunch. I trust you're all familiar with Carnage from Spiderman?

a59f4497ee433df472ceac70975f1529.jpg

Khorne's been leafing through some old comics and watching Cronenberg films, looked at Obliterators and Lucius the Eternal. He's thought long and hard (with some skull-taking breaks) and decided that it's time to get creative.

On a more serious note, I think this could make him quite a fun unit to play (as far as I understand the mechanics, I have some ideas for rules that could represent his corrupted form) and it'll differentiate him from Khârn the Betrayer quite nicely. BTW, can anyone think of a name for his daemon cancer?

Edited by bluntblade

I was thinking more Meat Something. With a pygmy Bloodthirster of a tumour that constantly :cuss talks him, first as a conjoined torso and then just a head, at which point Dorak can have a whole mess of limbs going on.

You know Raktra talked about Old Blood gone wrong and right? Dorak is the one that went so far wrong that he turned out best of all.

Assuming sentient tumour-daemon is a thing, I vote we call it Vivarik or Myarik. Owing to the dynamic I envisage between tumour and Dorak.

Regarding the armour, like the canon champions I reckon he should keep enough to be recognisable as a traitor marine, with bits of Khornate flesh spilling through it. I quite like the idea of him keeping his helmet, and the tumour-daemon begins to have ceramite and steel for skin and horns.

Edited by bluntblade

Hey Raktra, dunno if you've seen this yet but I found this in the News & Announcements forum and thought it'd work great as a Berzerker, mainly because of your habit of writing Raktra wearing surgical aprons:

gallery_67188_11206_86078.jpg

gallery_67188_11206_20387.jpg

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Ooooo, I like that very much! Might be time to make up a mad scientist character to turn him into.

I thought you'd like him brother, here's the link to the thread for you: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328112-in-store-cataphractii-primus-medicae/

What are going to be the best ways to differentiate Raktra and Riktus' daemon looks? So far I have Riktus' metal jaws (I would say like a Maulerfiend's but the idea of carving up something that magnificent is just horrid) and claws, with strings of flesh running across them (a la Doctor Octopus in Ultimate Spiderman, though it's been more than ten years since I saw that so memory might be unreliable.

Raktra, last time we discussed it, will retain his chains which become bloodied brass. I assume he will have a daemon weapon of some sort and lack the lupine aspect that Riktus retains from the Old Blood?

Riktus' armour is gonna stay with him, so he'll be very hulking and more of a typical Western monster in aspect. Kinda like the daemon version of Nemeroth at the end of Space Marine. Raktra will ultimately end up a bit more eldritch, and obviously lupine. I'm kinda envisioning his transformation happening in stages, as he tries to fight his own change. That and I want him to rip his own wings off when they pop out.

Hooked and serrated. I'm leaning towards making his entire claw/hand work like a mouth, the gullet being his palm into the rest of his arm, all the fingers and whatnot leading up to it as teeth.