Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

As an aside, here is a Terminator I quickly mocked up for how I want to use the new Thousand Sons paints whilst also staying fairly true to the darker blue colour scheme. 

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/tsterm1.jpg

It's not exactly the finished article, but yeah, just thought i'd share! :biggrin.:

This looks awesome but the gold on the shoulder pauldron looks a bit dull.

Thanks IRON. Yeah, I played around a little with the different gold and highlights I did. It only took an hour or so, so it isn't very neat or finished by any stretch of the imagination. I just wanted to get a feel for the blue mostly, and thought i'd have a crack at different shades and stuff of gold. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have started work on a second terminator. I am still getting a feel for the colour pallet I want for these guys. I am using the new paints, but I like the dark blue original scheme, so I am starting off with the dark blue, and then blending up to the new paints. I think it makes the armour look quite ensorcelled! You may disagree obviously!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/tsterm2.jpg

I find having gold as the base colour influences the layers a little too much, especially since I am trying to stay with the darker blue. But the truth is I reckon both ways are fine! Whatever works best for you! :D

Here is a rather dark picture of the assault cannon guy. He's finished apart from the base, I will eventually rebase them to match Magnus. I just wanted to get the army built to play games with! :D

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/tsterm1.jpg

I'm not trying to paint these up to an amazing standard or anything, they are the rank and file so there's nothing amazing going on here. 

That's really cool man. I like how you apply great detail and time to each model. It shows with your results. 

The way I look at it, we complain so often how pricey the models are, yet we are so quick to just slap some paint on and be somewhat happy with it. I've been trying to focus every bit of my attention to the details of my models, it really makes a difference and it's so satisfying.

Yeah, I quite like putting at least some effort in. But that's just the part of the hobby I like the most. I am pretty bad at the game. I play quite a bit, but I still suck :biggrin.:

I don't think i have ever complained about the price of the minis. I tend to think they are worth it to me. I also think a lot of folk mistake their feeling for wanting MORE minis, with them being over priced. GW simply could not continue as a company in the way they do if their products weren't priced as they are. Miniatures are plastic, so tend to last a looonnggg time. There is literally only so many "Space Marines" people will buy, before they simply don't need any more. They have to balance the prices between that concept and just how many new hobbyists they recruit. 

Edited by Tzen

I really didn't think Magnus could get any better, then I saw that Base D:

Thanks Charlo! :D

Thats why they made apoloypse battles ...then you there is no limit to the amount of SMs you can have haha

Lol true that. I have a friend who is currently working on an entire chapter. Madness!

Okay, this guy looks decidedly ropey.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/tsterm2.1.jpg

I am a bit burnt out with painting, and it's beginning to show on my minis so a few days off to chill then back to the other three termies. I am not happy with the amount of corners I am cutting. 

I like it, the gold could do with a brighter highlight to make it pop out more, and so could the eyes imo. other than that i like it :smile.:

any chance of a pic with white back ground? I always find they look totally different, then can compare the 2 pics :smile.:

P.S a whole chapter is insane! lol 

Edited by Sagentus