Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

I am returned!

Hoping to be cracking on with Magnus on Boxing Day real life allowing!

Hey Tzen,

I don't know if its been requested before but what is your Blue recipe for your TS?

For my old ones I used Kantor Blue, Teclis blue and Hoeth blue. Lightest to darkest then final bits with Baharroth blue. 

I have changed it a little now so that it uses the new thousand sons paints as replacement for Teclis and Hoeth. It's a similar outcome but not so dark, and looks a little more "magical".

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been ages since I posted, but the truth is with moving house and xmas I have had zero chance to work on everyone's favourite Primarch! :D

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/magnus2.1.jpg

I've managed to finish the weapon too, it just isn't all stuck together yet. But getting the damn weapon to blu-tac to him is a pain so it will have to wait!

Need to finish both wings as this one isn't finished, plus the head and the base! Slowly but surely getting there!

Ta chaps. Really need to tidy the wing up. But I am also full of a cold now. It seems like Tzeentch is constantly plotting against me and my endeavour to paint his favourite son! 

Thanks ElDuderino! I see loads of mistakes, and things I can't fix and don't have the ability to fix. But it's tiny things like the feathering on the wings and such. Ah well!

I have been in bed all day suffering from a mad fever and nausea. So I haven't done anything on him. I am feeling a little more human now, I don't want to do any painting, but I have used the mighty tool "blu tac" to put him together to see if the different parts match up.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/magnus2.2.jpg

Loads still to do, including his scenic base, but I think he looks okay! :D

Great work! You´ve done him justice!

I don´t know why he is still pulling that face, that red, feathered old grumpyhead! :biggrin.:

Might be because he is stuck together with blutac and father nurgle has struck me down with the plague so I can't finish him! :D

Thanks ElDuderino! I see loads of mistakes, and things I can't fix and don't have the ability to fix. But it's tiny things like the feathering on the wings and such. Ah well!

Loads still to do, including his scenic base, but I think he looks okay! :biggrin.:

Shut up!! I like to look for mistakes on your stuff just to make myself feel better, and I can't see anything! You've really nailed this, I seriously think this should be on the box art rather than the official one!! Great work! Perhaps you should put a Nurgling on the base to pay homage to the man flu......

Loads still to do, including his scenic base, but I think he looks okay! :biggrin.:

Shut up!! I like to look for mistakes on your stuff just to make myself feel better, and I can't see anything! You've really nailed this, I seriously think this should be on the box art rather than the official one!! Great work! Perhaps you should put a Nurgling on the base to pay homage to the man flu......

In my defence here, he isn't finished yet. Not even started on his horns or hair really! 

On his base I may hide a sneaky nurgling under some rocks, lil bugger giggling away! 

When I get round to photographing the finished thing properly if you still think it should be in the box art I will be very happy :D